Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

BiggerBoat posted:

I remember one time facing a 7 hour drive late at night and bought a pack of trucker speed. Yellowjackets or something. I took one, waited a half hour, was still tired, so I took another one and...holy poo poo. Even by the time I got home at like 5am, I was unable to sleep and felt disgusting. Wound up calling out sick from work even though I wasn't scheduled to start my shift until 3pm. It was miserable.

I did that at a lame off campus party and suddenly all the partying felt like incredibly annoying and slow paced. I couldn't drink enough to stop fidgeting and the drunks doing keg stands and playing beer pong were infuriating. Went home to try to sleep and boy that was a fun 12 hours of tossing and turning and hating life. Gas station speed pills like yellowjackets are the WORST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Those Bang energy drinks have 300mg of caffeine in them, so the Panera stuff is basically that plus sugar.

Back when I worked at a gas station I'd occasionally have to tell parents "hey just so you know this is like twice as strong as a Monster and has a 18+ marker on the label" when their kid came running up to the register with a can, which usually had a "I've been buying you WHAT?!" reaction from the parent.

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

Things you need to card for at a gas station now: CBD drinks, Kratom, Vaaaaaape pens, questionable glassware from behind the counter, LIGHTERS torch and otherwise.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
...copper choreboys, crew socks, novelty roses in glass, shoelaces

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

Soul Dentist posted:

Never had to card anyone buying A&H baking soda no matter how hard obvious it was or how burnt the fingatips

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/2tLhZxF.mp4

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

This is like watching Wesley Snipes fail at an obstacle course

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

FreudianSlippers posted:

???????????????

Lol, I went the same direction... "but they've had a renaissance in the last few years?!"

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Enderzero posted:

This is like watching Wesley Snipes fail at an obstacle course
uhh am I missing some reference here or something

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
https://i.imgur.com/ssTF3wK.mp4

mrfart has a new favorite as of 23:37 on Oct 28, 2023

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Air Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/ostonox/status/1717592054417563829?s=20

You do sorta have to wait for the end, but I'm not gonna blame anyone who listens to like 5 seconds of this woman and stops.
Lady was drinking way more caffeine than she thought she was

Whoever is eventually cast as Squirrel Girl in the MCU is going to use this clip as their sole reference material.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Seeing backwards text on videos always annoys me, but it's especially annoying when it's contrasting with normal-facing text via watermarks.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

credburn posted:

Seeing backwards text on videos always annoys me, but it's especially annoying when it's contrasting with normal-facing text via watermarks.

yes i do not understand why that is the default why do i want to look at someone like i'm looking at them in a mirror

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

JPrime posted:

yes i do not understand why that is the default why do i want to look at someone like i'm looking at them in a mirror

That caused a hilarious internet conspiracy theory around the video of the woman having a mental breakdown on the plane and screaming about how someone on the plane was not a "real person" when people dug up her socials and discovered she had a distinctive tattoo on her arm which wasn't visible in the photos. The guvmint switched her!! She's a doppleganger!!! Turns out the video was reversed and the tattoo was clearly visible on her other arm.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

JPrime posted:

Because it's not for you its for the author. The author is going to look at it before uploading and some are going to have an existential crisis seeing themselves differently from a mirror.

To avoid negative reviewsprotect the app from its users, the defaults are set

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
It makes sense to have the "mirror" effect when I'm taking a picture that way; I have trouble controlling it when the horizontal axis does something different than what I expect it to. But I always flip it once the photo's taken because it looks weird to me otherwise. But I also have asymmetrical piercings on my face, it looks weird when it's suddenly on the other side.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I hate the front facing camera because I don't like the version of myself with torn-off sleeves and a goatee

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Soul Dentist posted:

QR Code Geass posted:

Never had to card anyone buying A&H baking soda no matter how hard obvious it was or how burnt the fingatips

I'm so lame, boring, and old that I have no idea what these are for. Please tell me.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
They're used for :catdrugs:, but for people instead of cats

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

dev null posted:

I'm so lame, boring, and old that I have no idea what these are for. Please tell me.

Baking soda is used to turn cocaine hcl (powder) into freebase cocaine (crack)

The fake roses or horoscopes in glass tubes are just a fig leaf for selling the glass tubes themselves. Those are used to smoke crack.

The chore boy steel wool is used in the glass tube as a makeshift filter to keep the burning crack rock from ending up in your lungs.

The shoe laces are used to tie off before injecting needle drugs.

:eng101:

E: the socks keep your tootsies warm :3:

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest

dev null posted:

Crack for the choreboys and glass pipes. Shoestrings I assume for tying off and shooting up. I have no idea on the socks...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

QR Code Geass posted:

Things you need to card for at a gas station now: CBD drinks, Kratom, Vaaaaaape pens, questionable glassware from behind the counter, LIGHTERS torch and otherwise.

What is Kratom? I see signs saying "we sell Kratom" but I have no idea either what it does or what it's supposed to do.

Remember when you could buy loving Salvia without an ID? How many teenagers experienced ego death because of that?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Socks for huffing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Air Skwirl posted:

What is Kratom? I see signs saying "we sell Kratom" but I have no idea either what it does or what it's supposed to do.

Remember when you could buy loving Salvia without an ID? How many teenagers experienced ego death because of that?

Kratom is a kind of like weed where it is a plant that can get you high.

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest
Kratom is supposed to help with opiate withdrawals in my second-hand experience.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

freeedr posted:

Socks for huffing.

Ding ding ding

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
I worked nights at a gas station when sparks came out and the number of teens who tried to buy it and then pretended they 'didnt know it was alcohol' when I carded them was so high that it must have been working for them somewhere

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

freeedr posted:

Socks for huffing.

They can also be used for hitting if you poo poo in them

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

Bixington posted:

Kratom is supposed to help with opiate withdrawals in my second-hand experience.

It's s'posed to help with uh benzos as well but that's not how it moves for the most part.

There's a drugs subforum in this website with horror stories about it. It does not work quite as advertised and can be quite discomfiting.

In low doses it's probably nice I guess but no one does low doses forever.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Kratom for me was the spins of smoking weed while very drunk, combined with the strong dissociation of salvia and the sluggish queasiness of codeine

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Soul Dentist posted:

Kratom for me was the spins of smoking weed while very drunk, combined with the strong dissociation of salvia and the sluggish queasiness of codeine

Sounds worth it, what a blast

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

My neighbor's dog got blasted in the morning when he let her out to use the bathroom and ran through the garage and then the house and finally the bedroom trying to deathroll the smell off onto his furniture the whole way.

He ended up having to rent a dumpster.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Jesus, was the dog Clifford?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

The Bandit posted:

Caffeine! Taurine! Anddddd alcohollllllll!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4zr3ZPSDac

Just add Death Lemonade to the list and re-release it as a single.

BiggerBoat posted:

I remember one time facing a 7 hour drive late at night and bought a pack of trucker speed. Yellowjackets or something. I took one, waited a half hour, was still tired, so I took another one and...holy poo poo. Even by the time I got home at like 5am, I was unable to sleep and felt disgusting. Wound up calling out sick from work even though I wasn't scheduled to start my shift until 3pm. It was miserable.

Couple years back I met some friends in Vegas. I forget why exactly but I was trying to keep myself awake during travel and time things so I would be sleepy just as we hit our first night there. Cue me eyeballing 5 Hour Energy plus some kind of actual pill-form wakeup drug and still feeling pretty tired and sleepy until our first night. I can still remember laying in bed, completely awake and not one bit sleepy :argh:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I don't like coffee and a daily habit of energy drinks is expensive as hell, so I just pop a 200mg caffeine pill in the morning :cheers:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

derp posted:

I worked nights at a gas station when sparks came out and the number of teens who tried to buy it and then pretended they 'didnt know it was alcohol' when I carded them was so high that it must have been working for them somewhere

When I was in highschool we lived near a pretty busy highway that went straight through town , so there were gas stations every couple blocks. If we wanted beer we'd just try them and if we got carded we'd say we left it in the car then drive three blocks and try again. Usually didn't take more than three or four attempts before we got to someone who just didn't give a poo poo and wouldn't card.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I was the lamest teen, I never even tried to buy anything I wasn’t supposed to. Literally the most rebellious thing I did was skipping the last class of the day a couple times.

It wasn’t even a class that was important.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Keep in mind that the drinking age in America is 21, which is totally ridiculous.

I wasn't that industrious about hunting down alcohol when I was 18, but I sure would have been if it were still illegal when I was twenty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead
I have a friend here in Washington that took his mom’s car when he was 18 and him and his friends went up to Canada to drink. He got caught cause at some point I think they ran a red light and the ticket got sent back to his house weeks later.