Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Been hanging out with a new born in the hospital and playing Switch. I can't recommend a gooseneck tablet holder enough, I've been able to hold her and play

Verdict is still out on if she's a good luck charm in Enter the Gungeon or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Nintendo got a new patent that really is two Switches stuck together. Or maybe a DS2?

Nintendo did this for the "NX" too, and those early designs were atrocious. I think this is one of those patents done just so nobody tries to make something similar.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Waffle! posted:

Nintendo got a new patent that really is two Switches stuck together. Or maybe a DS2?

Nintendo did this for the "NX" too, and those early designs were atrocious. I think this is one of those patents done just so nobody tries to make something similar.

Twice the switch, twice the power, twice the price.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I found Xenoblade 3 to be a great floored-with-COVID game, as the character interactions are very comforting and you can turn on as much autobattle as you want / need when pressin' buttons is too tall an order.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Waffle! posted:

A handheld DS when open, a remote docked DS when closed, your TV is the upper/touchless screen. Tempting for someone to try that. I'm sure we'll see leaks* of something looking exactly like that patent soon.

*3D models purported as leaks, remember the oval Switch with sticks right in the screen?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The Merkinman posted:

A handheld DS when open, a remote docked DS when closed, your TV is the upper/touchless screen. Tempting for someone to try that. I'm sure we'll see leaks* of something looking exactly like that patent soon.

*3D models purported as leaks, remember the oval Switch with sticks right in the screen?

A Switch DS that you can detach and dock the top screen sounds pretty dope when you put it that way. And on brand for Nintendo.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

the DS/3DS back catalog is such a rich library, the temptation for finding a way to leverage those is probably pretty overwhelming even if a 2 screen approach would be pretty useless for new games

Sign me up for a Switch DS

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

A Switch that's twice as big and has a folding screen like new phones do.

Bring clamshells back!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The Merkinman posted:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Same tree ↘️

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Sweden is where Nintendo does all their leaking.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

American McGay posted:

Same tree ↘️

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I haven't really seen any deranged Switch 2 "leaks" yet, I'm disappointed.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The Switch's final form is going to be like Soundwave from Transformers, except with game cartridges instead of robot cassettes.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Switch 2 will just be Switch 1 with a watch component that sends you notifications when you forget that you bought but never used Ring Fit Adventure.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I haven't really seen any deranged Switch 2 "leaks" yet, I'm disappointed.

Man, I have some youtube recommendations for you.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

After WiiU the only thing anyone could imagine was deranged and were willing to believe anything.

Now people just really want a switch but more and believe the most boring and safe route

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Perhaps the detachable screen is for a vr type headset. Virtual Boy lives on.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
People really want it be called Switch “2” which is the most boring name they can go with. Imaginations are DEAD and spirits are crushed. Sad to see, hopefully Nintendo calls it the Switchity Swootch or something

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They should call it the SWintch, to emphasize how the console will be Win.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They should call it the SWintch, to emphasize how the console will be Win.

Nintendo will announce they're changing the company name to Swintendo.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
There’s a top secret meeting occurring right now at Nintendo with “sWiitch” and “Sw2tch” written on a whiteboard.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

DMCrimson posted:

There’s a top secret meeting occurring right now at Nintendo with “sWiitch” and “Sw2tch” written on a whiteboard.

I've said it before, but "Sw2tch", or "Switootch" is my favourite.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
It’ll be the Switch U, but it actually will just be a controller for the Switch 1

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

time for all the funniest posters to workshop their switch 2 names!!!!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
We need another Grinch Leak.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

jurassic park laugh wheezing over here at the “Switooch” and the “Switch U” please keep it coming :xd:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Bitch Poo

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I want a Switch Super

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

they're going to call it the Xbox 360

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Finally started cult of lamb. This game is fantastic.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

LionArcher posted:

Finally started cult of lamb. This game is fantastic.

Cult of the Lamb is the game that proved to me that even the best presentation out there isnt enough. It was WEIRDLY shallow and I still find it extremely offputting that it never clicked ever. I wouldnt be able to tell you what is that games problem, and why it doesnt work, but I do know I absolutely got hustled by the dudes in marketing. 😬

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

glassyalabolas posted:

Perhaps the detachable screen is for a vr type headset. Virtual Boy lives on.

You joke, but look up the Pimax Portal.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

YggiDee posted:

I want a Switch Super

I kind of don’t hate the name Super Nintendo Switch.
Then supernintendouser93 doesn’t have to do that much of a name change. Supernintendouser24?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Never played Metal Gear Solid (well, maybe for minutes here and there), but it's a series I've always wanted to play. Seemed cool.

Would I be making a mistake if I jumped into Snake Eater first? Or is this something where I need to start from the original MGS?

Edit: Or are these bad ports and I shouldn't bother with them?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Never played Metal Gear Solid (well, maybe for minutes here and there), but it's a series I've always wanted to play. Seemed cool.

Would I be making a mistake if I jumped into Snake Eater first? Or is this something where I need to start from the original MGS?

Edit: Or are these bad ports and I shouldn't bother with them?

i think you should probably just play release order

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Yeah definitely play in release order, or watch a LP of the first two first.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Soul Glo posted:

i think you should probably just play release order
:yeah:

Snake Eater takes place before MGS1, but it's also several years newer and more modern, so you might have trouble going back to 1 if you play 3 first.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

New players should play release order. Longtime fans (or anyone playing any of them for the second time) could easily do chronological order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yeah MGS3 being a prequel at the same time kinda requires or benefits from knowledge of all the stuff that came out before it. I say release order.