Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

quiggy posted:

Started as white mage, currently running red mage, bring on the green mage (gently caress you black mage)

Magist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Frog, or FRG. Listen we already got another animal named brand new to FF Job, why not two.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'd be hyped for the pictomancer again as seen in BD2. I thought an art-themed job would be fun and I'd be motivated to play anything other than SMN forever.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Lord_Magmar posted:

How in the gently caress is it a downtime strat, you can position to hit melee attacks easily?

You put the two stacks right at the front and the people taking the cones in close to their pole and slightly backwards on the outside.

It's Slightly South E/W Tethers party North East/North West I probably shouldn't have said backwards though yes.

yes saying that the cones are aimed backwards implies that they are indeed aimed south, which would make it a downtime strat. what you're suggesting is the PF standard strat across NA so it makes it doubly confusing to suggest that 1)OCE uses a different strat and 2) describe it extremely poorly

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Music question -

What is the name of the track used in the background of this clip? (6.5 spoilers) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ERohp3fEc&t=10193s

It's used frequently, but this is just a recent example I could pull from to point it out.

I loving love this track and every time it kicks in, I get teary eyed.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

Music question -

What is the name of the track used in the background of this clip? (6.5 spoilers) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ERohp3fEc&t=10193s

It's used frequently, but this is just a recent example I could pull from to point it out.

I loving love this track and every time it kicks in, I get teary eyed.
Dynamis is the name of the song. (The JP translates more to "Fragments of Dynamis" but that's what the official listing is on the OST for English.)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Hogama posted:

Dynamis is the name of the song. (The JP translates more to "Fragments of Dynamis" but that's what the official listing is on the OST for English.)

Thanks! I loving love this track.

Also - for as much as I found 6.x to drag a bit in the middle, I feel like 6.5 was really fuckin good.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Frida Call Me posted:

yes saying that the cones are aimed backwards implies that they are indeed aimed south, which would make it a downtime strat. what you're suggesting is the PF standard strat across NA so it makes it doubly confusing to suggest that 1)OCE uses a different strat and 2) describe it extremely poorly

the tether towers are well within melee range so you can easily point them south and still be in melee range

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I tried it and I spun Halatali while leveling and just... gently caress that

quiggy fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 29, 2023

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

blm is one of those jobs that only gets better the higher level you are

so of course if you are in the middle of leveling it and get a lovely dungeon under your cap it's gonna suck rear end

it sucks less than it used to but still god drat!!!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mister Olympus posted:

I thought you were talking about swiss cubist paul klee, I don’t get the reference now

Genshin Impact character. A kid who just runs around throwing an irresponsible number of bombs everywhere.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
are people really unironically out there claiming a three life clover is a reference to a genshin character

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

yes. no one is allowed to joke about new jobs.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Genshin Impact character. A kid who just runs around throwing an irresponsible number of bombs everywhere.

that's just black mage

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Vitamean posted:

yes. no one is allowed to joke about new jobs.

I thought the "unironically" made it clear I wasn't talking about people joking

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Note Block posted:

Taking it a bit further, April O'Neil was a freelance reporter and Krile can be a Freelancer in FFV. It's history has primarily been as a default kind of job but like Squire, can be extremely powerful later on.

April wasn't freelance, she was employed by Channel 6 News. Big old logos on her van and everything. And in incarnations prior to that, she was a computer programmer, not a reporter.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

The other new job is Painter, which is a new crafter job

release of the new organized crime system. I Hear You Paint FC Houses

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I do think the job will be named Green Mage. What weapon or theming they'll use (besides 'green") I don't know. But I think aside from re-using a name it'll all be original to this game. I don't think it will be a buff / debuff / support job, though, because they already have SMN and RDM for that, I think it will be a pure damage dealer like BLM because doing a 2+2 thing there like the healers seems like something they'd do.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I'd say a thorn whip but I know people want Beastmaster to use a whip, and thorn whip is too specific to get varied glams from probably

E: if it's nature themed. If not, a bo staff would be cool, but we have two staff users already

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Oct 29, 2023

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hammer/mace caster

Joe Chip
Jan 4, 2014

Vitamean posted:

blm is one of those jobs that only gets better the higher level you are

so of course if you are in the middle of leveling it and get a lovely dungeon under your cap it's gonna suck rear end

it sucks less than it used to but still god drat!!!

To add to this: as someone doing high-level content for the first time; this is where BLM shines. BLM has a pretty simple rotation in a vacuum but a lot of tools and when it comes to Savage knowing the fight is key. I don't think I could do Savage on any other job because at least with BLM there's just that little bit extra to squeeze out of the fight if you know it better. If we wipe 100 times to a mech I've already seen well at least I practiced my positioning or cast timing or weaving or whatever. In a lot of fights I just look at my ley lines timer and I know roughly where we are and what to do next.

TLDR: it's a job that values fight knowledge and in normal content that's not nearly as valuable since you'll probably clear on the first run anyway.

Joe Chip fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 29, 2023

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I have figured it out. The job is Lady Luck. Just spy that clover, baby.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They call her Lady Luck.

But there is room for doubt.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i dont think SE is uh, daring enough to put krile in that outfit

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Ahhh, that's not a clover that's a clubs, all four Lady Luck outfits have card suits.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Blockhouse posted:

are people really unironically out there claiming a three life clover is a reference to a genshin character

If a Spider-Man shirt implied samurai because one of the movies was directed by Sam Raimi, literally any single degree of separation, no matter how obtuse, is fair game.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Kerrzhe posted:

the tether towers are well within melee range so you can easily point them south and still be in melee range

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovojRLAUEvk this? sure if you hate your casters or if it's exclusively always in

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Frida Call Me posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovojRLAUEvk this? sure if you hate your casters or if it's exclusively always in

If Casters get the cones they're gonna do a good bit of movement there regardless, this doesn't seem any more caster nasty than anything else if they're good at slidecasting and timing movements.

Edit: Also aren't most "up-time" strats up-time for melee not casters.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

theironjef posted:

April wasn't freelance, she was employed by Channel 6 News. Big old logos on her van and everything. And in incarnations prior to that, she was a computer programmer, not a reporter.

Comics sometimes have her as freelance, but don't take that too seriously, because it's not a real theory beyond minor possibilities connecting.

Blockhouse posted:

No lmfao it was absolutely a joke from almost a month ago, holy poo poo

Note Block fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Oct 29, 2023

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Look we live in a world where people will believe basically anything I couldn't be sure

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Frida Call Me posted:

This looks to be the same amount of movement as the PF popular strat of pointing tethers north? Like, I guess your ending position is closer to the boss but having done the fight on both BLM and RDM you're packing a triple+tc+xeno or melee combo for when you do get tethered. SMN can probably bingus together some kind of movement in their own way too.

just a really weird variation to get this heated about

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i was actually trying to remember the position of those posts and wondering if they made stacks north tethers south more tight/difficult that looks super comfy and easy?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Blockhouse posted:

Look we live in a world where people will believe basically anything I couldn't be sure

Naw if you go back to the actual posts it's all very funny and jovial and not at all serious (until someone said Nashu could be the trainer and then it became very super serious!!)

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

casters get hosed on having to move to break the webs regardless

well, maybe not a blm with triple cast but i dunno where that falls in their rotation. and smn are all insta cast anyway

so really just gently caress rdm

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
My only assumption about the new caster is that they will not be as mobile as red mage and smn. The only way they’d be as mobile as summoner is if they were to literally take summoner’s old dot rotation which is the only reason why summoner is still mobile today (essentially the reward for efficiently spinning plates was having phases of instant casts as well as dots giving them leeway to move).

Maybe not to the extent of being permanently planted and having their own leylines but you never know. Rdm and smn also already covering the supportive end does make it more likely the new caster would be along the selfish end too, and probably not getting a rez like those two.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Clover? Viewtiful Joe confirmed.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

FuturePastNow posted:

I do think the job will be named Green Mage. What weapon or theming they'll use (besides 'green") I don't know. But I think aside from re-using a name it'll all be original to this game. I don't think it will be a buff / debuff / support job, though, because they already have SMN and RDM for that, I think it will be a pure damage dealer like BLM because doing a 2+2 thing there like the healers seems like something they'd do.

Personally I think the opposite. I think if it is Green Mage it will be more like a Caster version of Dancer in that it's personal DPS will be low but will contribute a lot of extra damage buffs.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Dr Pepper posted:

Personally I think the opposite. I think if it is Green Mage it will be more like a Caster version of Dancer in that it's personal DPS will be low but will contribute a lot of extra damage buffs.

This is where I'm at, caster with dancer/bard level damage buffing, or enemy debuffing as the case may be.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Oneiros posted:

casters get hosed on having to move to break the webs regardless

well, maybe not a blm with triple cast but i dunno where that falls in their rotation. and smn are all insta cast anyway

so really just gently caress rdm

And healers :smithicide:
But at least SGE has Icarus to jump to them, so it's still doable with slidecasting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I was just about to go do the halloween event when I realized I wasn't dressed for the occasion.

Now I am.