Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/ThatEthiopian/status/1717910529849643147

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Pretty cost effective to invade Djibouti a country with multiple foreign military bases in it. I am sure it will piss no one. :suicide:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

guidoanselmi posted:

i hear erdogan is cancelling Turkish centennial events to mourn for Palestine

whos saying this btw, celebrations still seem to be on?

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
yeah it’s first I heard of it. in Miami cuz ma has the C, but I get constant irritating reminders from
my friends about the dumb centennial and I’m pretty sure if Erdo canceled it for the Palestinians the Turks would go out and burn Gaza down themselves.

Turks are so embarrassingly sincerely into their dumb nationalist crap.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Turks are so embarrassingly sincerely into their dumb nationalist crap.

i think it's sweet

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
it’s cringe actually

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Zedhe Khoja posted:

it’s cringe actually

jealous?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

:420:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Zedhe Khoja posted:

it’s cringe actually

yeah i was kidding didn't mean to do this

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

he did have a liver three times the size of mine, so a little bit

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Zedhe Khoja posted:

he did have a liver three times the size of mine, so a little bit

he partied hard but only at his own party

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

my dad called me to celebrate 29 October and advised to read some works by Atatürk, well i did for a minute or two.

quote:

Gentleman, power and sovereignty are not given from one person to another by scholarly debates or polemics. Sovereignty is taken by force.

quote:

It is the peasant, the true producer, who is also the true owner and master of Turkey.
Mao vibe...

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mawarannahr posted:

my dad called me to celebrate 29 October and advised to read some works by Atatürk, well i did for a minute or two.

Mao vibe...

i like his little speech where he said armenians got what they deserve

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
never ask ataturk how many armenians he needs after a world war or mao how many italians the world needs after a nuclear war

Cuttlefush has issued a correction as of 04:07 on Oct 29, 2023

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

....how many italians did Mao need after a nuclear war?

v based

ThatBasqueGuy has issued a correction as of 04:08 on Oct 29, 2023

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

quote:

A representative from the Italian communist party asked Zedong what would happen to Italy in the case of nuclear war. He replied, “Italy doesn’t matter.”

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

mao's right

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i like his little speech where he said armenians got what they deserve

my Greek friend was kinda shocked to learn that ataturk’s party is the pussy socdem party in Turkish politics since all the genocide made him assume they were blood and soil ultranationalists

I guess socdems are just as capable of genocide there’s just a chance they’ll mope about it after like the labor zionists

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

FrancisFukyomama posted:

my Greek friend was kinda shocked to learn that ataturk’s party is the pussy socdem party in Turkish politics since all the genocide made him assume they were blood and soil ultranationalists

I guess socdems are just as capable of genocide there’s just a chance they’ll mope about it after like the labor zionists

they are blood and soil ultranationalists. that's just the baseline. how happy is he who calls himself a Turk!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

there are probably more pictures of Atatürk in Turkey than there are pictures of Jesus in Greece

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
of the five major parties in turkey, four of them are fascist even by normal peoples standards of the term
even more so now that CHP has decided to be a single issue party for mass deportation

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ended up in a hot tub with a turkish woman tonight and got her number because i guessed she voted CHP so maybe that party has its benefits

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://twitter.com/EugenePuryear/status/1718330267595624708

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

mawarannahr posted:

there are probably more pictures of Atatürk in Turkey than there are pictures of Jesus in Greece

Well duh, cameras weren't even invented yet at the time.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

this guy's still winning

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
What was Attaturk's involvement in the genocides?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Weka posted:

What was Attaturk's involvement in the genocides?
wasn't particularly involved afaik. in terms of specific, personal responsibility, the suppression of the Sheikh Said rebellion was among his greater crimes imo, as well as the asdassination of TKP founder Mustafa Suphi and comrades, as well as the banning of the TKP.

still there is something to be said for his effectiveness in fighting the imperialists, which is why the Soviets supplied him with money and weapons. also other stuff like women's rights and education, facilitating literacy nationwide, state enterprises, loosening the stranglehold of the religious establishment etc. mostly stuff that akp is undoing or already has.

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 20:33 on Oct 29, 2023

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

i say swears online posted:

ended up in a hot tub with a turkish woman tonight and got her number because i guessed she voted CHP so maybe that party has its benefits

hell yeah brother

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i say swears online posted:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Microsoft cut off access to a fairly big Turkish news site
https://t24.com.tr/haber/canli-kilicdaroglu-100-yil-kutlamalarinda-belediye-konserleriyle-10-milyon-yurttasa-ulastik,1136722

infernal machine posted:

Microsoft blocked access to all content of T24 due to a news story that included a response from Beşiktaş's temporary technical director Burak Yılmaz to allegations of "violence against his wife". When T24, whose broadcast was halted by Microsoft, informed them that all content was blocked for news still available on dozens of news sites, Microsoft's Turkey General Manager, Levent Özbilgin, responded, "Why are you bothering me at this hour, who do you think you are?! Don't call me again," and hung up the phone.

Microsoft, which provides server services to T24, blocked access to all T24 content around 22:00 last night due to the news about Beşiktaş's temporary technical director Burak Yılmaz's response to allegations of "violence against his wife". Although there was no court decision, T24's broadcast was unreachable from October 30 at 22:00 until October 31 at 02:15, a duration of 4 hours and 15 minutes.
T24 argued that the restriction to access all content due to the news about Burak Yılmaz given to them last night was against the law and freedom of the press and took action to lift the ban. However, Microsoft Turkey and its partners couldn't remove the access restriction. Unable to solve the access problem, T24 Editor-in-Chief Doğan Akın called Microsoft Turkey General Manager Levent Özbilgin at around 23:05. Akın, who reached Özbilgin on his second attempt, said that "access to the entire site's content was blocked due to an application regarding a single content, and that the state organs that make URL restriction decisions have not blocked access to the entire site for 14 years, and that this application must be lifted immediately."

Microsoft Turkey General Manager Levent Özbilgin told Akın, "Why are you bothering me at this hour, who do you think you are?! Don't call me again." (T24 keeps the records of this conversation).

Burak Yılmaz: I'm Sorry

Burak Yılmaz, in contact with T24 via Microsoft's notification address, briefly said regarding the block of access to the entire site, "I only requested the removal of the news, I don't understand why this happened; I'm sorry, I had no intention to shut down the site, I apologize."

After T24 announced the crisis on social media and communicated with Microsoft representatives with the question, "Can you block access to the entire publications of platforms like the New York Times or the Washington Post in Turkey like you did to T24?", the T24 broadcast that was cut off at 22:00 was made accessible again 4 hours and 15 minutes later, at 02:15.

During the access restriction, T24's Microsoft Azure account was suspended, making T24's entire database, editor panel, all content accumulated over 14 years, and backups inaccessible.

just weird poo poo. Kılıçdaroğlu even mentioned it irl. also they need better IT.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/tesfanews/status/1719376986584285626

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

speaking of deportations, today is the last day for over a million afghani refugees to leave pakistan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xOxOsYRHYM

the comments aren't great

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Don't worry, the US is now back to strengthening it's partnership with the ENDF
https://twitter.com/USEmbassyAddis/status/1718944058775581049

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

quote:

Libya has decided to expel the ambassadors of #Britain, the #US, #France and #Italy because of their governments' positions on the situation in the #MiddleEast

FROM NEWS REPORT: The Libyan House of Representatives (HoR) has called for the departure of the ambassadors of countries supporting the “occupying Zionist entity - Israel” from Libya, urging for an end to the export of oil and gas to those countries if the massacres continue in the Gaza Strip.

The HoR stressed in a statement Wednesday the necessity of immediately stopping the aggression, describing it as “a campaign of genocide by Zionist gangs”, indicating its refusal to displace the people of the Gaza Strip under any circumstances.

The HoR criticized the visits of the presidents of the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, and France to Israel to declare their full support for the Israelis in order “to kill the Palestinian people and eradicate their legitimate right to resistance and build their independent state.”

It also condemned those Israeli moves, placing responsibility on the United States and the West for leading a war of genocide against a defenseless besieged people

https://libyaobserver.ly/news/libyan-hor-calls-expelling-ambassadors-countries-supporting-israeli-aggression-gaza

https://x.com/Africa4Pal/status/1717246335911391330?s=20

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

does he want to give his opps an extra army to make it even?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/hollyandroo/status/1719093195899027869

This is so funny. It’s like making an American jacket with Robert E Lee and Black Lives Matter on it. like the five people in Ethiopia who approve of Haile are Amhara supremecists and they hate the blue star (that stands for multiethnicty) lol.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

LIGHTskin Charles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/UNSomalia/status/1719371180971307298

This sucks so hard.