Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

bob dobbs is dead posted:

sa's tagline is the ultimate takeaway of the last quarter century

watch bush start a war?

oh yeah, the internet makes you stupid

well either of those really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

QR Code Geass posted:

watch bush start a war?

oh yeah, the internet makes you stupid

well either of those really

the internet may make you stupid but those prig balls? they make you glorious

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

HonorableTB posted:

the internet may make you stupid but those prig balls? they make you glorious

the judgement on prig balls before the ashes had cooled was glorious

the assumption of his cause of death by puccian chin waggers was somehow akin to us news media talking about bin laden before both towers had fallen

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

QR Code Geass posted:

watch bush start a war?

Wonder where that guy is now.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

QR Code Geass posted:

the judgement on prig balls before the ashes had cooled was glorious

the assumption of his cause of death by puccian chin waggers was somehow akin to us news media talking about bin laden before both towers had fallen

I'm pretty sure this thread has broken every major event of this war before the mainstream news caught up to it. We were talking about Wagner recruiting from prisons weeks before the BBC picked up on it and reported it, for example.

e: I also remember that zone posted about the kherson retreat hours before anyone else was reporting on it, and gigolo once posted about the kharkiv retreat a full 13 hours before any other source picked up on it

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 29, 2023

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

HonorableTB posted:

Matthew Perry died, I am convinced he was a deep cover agent working to expose Putin. RIP chanandler bong, failed agent

That's MS Chanandler Bong

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Hey little man how's it going?
https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1718173928806285582?s=20

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

We’re heading into the protocols zone here with some absolute triple distilled batshittery

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1718203531813892376?s=61

"Sacred Military Operation"

Sacred...

My oh my. Someone please pass me the loaves and frozen cubes of fishes.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

I'm pretty sure this thread has broken every major event of this war before the mainstream news caught up to it. We were talking about Wagner recruiting from prisons weeks before the BBC picked up on it and reported it, for example.

e: I also remember that zone posted about the kherson retreat hours before anyone else was reporting on it, and gigolo once posted about the kharkiv retreat a full 13 hours before any other source picked up on it

True but how many times have they posted things that didn't come to pass? If you keep predicting things eventually you'll be right but we'll only know afterwards.

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

HonorableTB posted:

Yeah, but I was kind of crossed wires there.

I meant when the Russian right wing media were sending him off with the extreme implication that he will not be missed and it wasn't an accident but it was and they were not doing subtlety.

It's upthread but one or two of those videos of Russian Fox News shout men were just pitilessly sending off the whole air crew to their early graves.

I can't think of an analogy in the west for just sorry not sorry.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/15/politics/trump-fugitive-shooting/index.html

We do kill people indiscriminately but eh

Russian news media didn't do a strong job of saying Putin didn't have this done but maybe it could be done to you, so shut up.

It's real bad, the treatment and primitive. I have trouble parsing how it's not just a culture of fear and fat cowardly cowards saying yeah well he deserved being blown up and the stewardesses too.

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

I'm kind of unimaginative though because when you can put a bomb in a plane *simple* you can find a guy on the tarmac and take a pipe wrench to his trachea. Mystery death like Lynyrd Skynyrd. Rock and Roll Blue Jeans!

People watch too many movies.

It boggles my mind why Prigozhin didn't play it to the nines. The only thing I can imagine is that Putin (poop be upon him) had leverage on family or friends he cared about more than his own life and the lives of his confederates.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Does anyone know what happened to the Reporting from Ukraine guy? He hasn't been posting his daily updates for nearly a week now. I hope he's okay.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

HonorableTB posted:

It turns out that posting literally everything you see means you sometimes get a scoop, but also people have posted 'news' that basically every member of the Russian government, especially Putin, has died about 5000000 times, usually involving poo poo because goons are obsessed with poo poo.

It's such an easy pull to post it and get people jerking off about it even though nothing to support it.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Oct 29, 2023

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Karate Bastard posted:

Does anyone know what happened to the Reporting from Ukraine guy? He hasn't been posting his daily updates for nearly a week now. I hope he's okay.

He said he was sick. This happened a couple months ago too.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

QR Code Geass posted:

watch bush start a war?

It really is amazing how much of a historical artifact the 9/11 thread is. I read it yearly.
You can see in real time people guess the trajectory of the next 10 years of American policy, as well as a bunch of other people being radicalized in real time to be the reason that policy happened.

Also tribute.wmv being the same week as the attacks lol

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

spankmeister posted:

He said he was sick. This happened a couple months ago too.

Ok good to hear I guess. I remember last time. When/where did he say? I must have missed it.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Kchama posted:

It turns out that posting literally everything you see means you sometimes get a scoop, but also people have posted 'news' that basically every member of the Russian government, especially Putin, has died about 5000000 times, usually involving poo poo because goons are obsessed with poo poo.

It's such an easy pull to post it and get people jerking off about it even though nothing to support it.

my uncle works at Nintendo and he says Putin went there and bought the Nintendo 128 and I got one too and it's actually so fast they use it for nuclear missiles and and the graphics are so good Putins head exploded when he tried to play grand theft auto (yuh huh it's on Nintendo now!!11) on it.

no you can't see it

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Karate Bastard posted:

Ok good to hear I guess. I remember last time. When/where did he say? I must have missed it.

On his youtube community page, if you're subscribed it shows up in your feed in the app.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Thanks!

I don't do youtube engagement stuff much, so I guess that means I'm sometimes missing out.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lol Russia interest rates increased to 15% even despite the markets making GBS threads bricks in ME

Owling Howl
Jul 17, 2019

Tai posted:

lol Russia interest rates increased to 15% even despite the markets making GBS threads bricks in ME

And inflation is still trending up. The Russian state is pouring so much cash into the economy that they have to strangle all private sector investment to balance things out. If they keep going what's left of the Russian economy will end up entirely dependent on public spending.

Peter Falk
Sep 29, 2023

Owling Howl posted:

And inflation is still trending up. The Russian state is pouring so much cash into the economy that they have to strangle all private sector investment to balance things out. If they keep going what's left of the Russian economy will end up entirely dependent on public spending.

Putin accidentally returning to communism

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

SRQ posted:

my uncle works at Nintendo and he says Putin went there and bought the Nintendo 128 and I got one too and it's actually so fast they use it for nuclear missiles and and the graphics are so good Putins head exploded when he tried to play grand theft auto (yuh huh it's on Nintendo now!!11) on it.

no you can't see it

The Switch 2 is getting the new Metal Gear, not GTA6 and Putin will not die because we don't deserve nice things.

Heard it here first.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Kchama posted:

So many breakthroughs in the Ukrainian counteroffensive that never came to be. :smith:

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

shadow puppet of a posted:

"Sacred Military Operation"

Sacred...

My oh my. Someone please pass me the loaves and frozen cubes of fishes.
To achieve such a sacred and holy mission in the name of god, they will need some kind of elite military unit comprised of only their very best men - with the highest morale and a close brotherly camaradary.

Some kind of Sacred Battalion seems in order. Or a Sacred Band.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

We’re heading into the protocols zone here with some absolute triple distilled batshittery

"resettlement of the jews"? Is this Putin's secret plan to solve the I/P conflict?

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Karate Bastard posted:

picture upload

It was in the community tab, sheesh Karate Bastard!!

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

GABA ghoul posted:

"resettlement of the jews"? Is this Putin's secret plan to solve the I/P conflict?

The USSR did make a Jewish Autonomous Oblast, its right next to the Chinese border. I bet you that this will become an item when Putin present's his pro-Hamas peace plan for Palestine and Israel.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Not to crossover the threads, but putins endgame for ukraine would be a rump Ukraine filled with all the undesirables currently believing they are "ukrainain" while previous Ukrainian territory is resettled by russians.

Source: look at maiurapol and the "filtration camps"

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Der Kyhe posted:

The USSR did make a Jewish Autonomous Oblast, its right next to the Chinese border. I bet you that this will become an item when Putin present's his pro-Hamas peace plan for Palestine and Israel.

A mosquito-infested swamp in the most eastern part of Siberia, as far away from Moscow as possible. How magnanimous.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Kchama posted:

spankmeister posted:

True but how many times have they posted things that didn't come to pass? If you keep predicting things eventually you'll be right but we'll only know afterwards.

I feel like you guys are really missing the spirit of :justpost: here

raifield
Feb 21, 2005

spankmeister posted:

A mosquito-infested swamp in the most eastern part of Siberia, as far away from Moscow as possible. How magnanimous.

And people reporting as practicing Judaism make up less than 1% of its population these days. Turns out Israel (and most other places) are much nicer.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
putin will die, and he does poo poo himself, these undeniable facts are funny things in gbs, maybe gbs isn't for you if this makes you uncomfortable

piiissssssssss

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Drone_Fragger posted:

Not to crossover the threads, but putins endgame for ukraine would be a rump Ukraine filled with all the undesirables currently believing they are "ukrainain" while previous Ukrainian territory is resettled by russians.

Source: look at maiurapol and the "filtration camps"

The expectation was he'd sieze the eastern half of Ukraine outright as Russian land, and the west lives in hell as a buffer space between Russia and NATO after the president flees like a coward clown man at the first sign of combat and be done in three days before anyone could complain too loudly.

It's not quite going according to plan.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTfk0MZY3VE

This video is kind of relevant to the above chat about Russias plans for east Ukraine. It never was and never is about poo poo like ''buffer zones''. It's pure imperialistic expansion and that Russia is a superior race to everyone else and can do what it wants. The tone of the video is actual fascism and not the ''someone disagreeded with me'' fascism. Obligatory lol at Ukraine language part.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

If Russia actually wanted a buffer zone I'm pretty sure UA would agree to demilitarizing the east half of the country in a heartbeat in 2014.
instead, lol.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

They already had a buffer zone after 2015. Ukraine being partly occupied and involved in a low-intensity forever war with a nuclear power, they had zero chance of ever joining NATO or the EU. But at some point a buffer zone just wasn't enough anymore. Suddenly he wanted to fly his loving flag over the whole thing like in the history books.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

malder
Feb 7, 2005

Grimey Drawer
In Makhachkala, the capital of Dagestan, a mob tried to storm a plane coming from Tel Aviv. Just another example of Russia's contempt and hatred towards other cultures, according to Zelenskiy.

He's right. I also find it very hard to believe that a protest of this size can take place in the current political climate without the security forces approving to some extent. But that might be my paranoia talking .

https://meduza.io/news/2023/10/29/r...ah-v-mahachkale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I started reading and laughing at the stupid vatniks but then I kept reading and now I'm horrified, and laughing, at the stupid stupid vatniks.