Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

ex post facho posted:

hmm voters flipped georgia blue and got trump out of office!

now to take a big sip of piss and take a look at the status of roe v wade...

look fat

they got $1400 checks out on day 90

what else could you ask for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

An adviser for a Los Angeles City Council member is out of a job after making Holocaust jokes about Amy Schumer on social media.

“The social media posts made by my staffer earlier today were disturbing and reprehensible,” Councilman Hugo Soto-Martínez wrote in a statement after Josh Androsky’s vile tweets began to circulate.

“With antisemitism on the rise in recent years and especially in recent weeks, cracking jokes about the Holocaust isn’t just disgusting, it’s dangerous.

“These antisemitic and misogynistic posts sickened me, and I have accepted his resignation effective immediately.”

Since Hamas’ Oct. 7 attack, Schumer has made strong statements in support of Israel and called out others for not condemning the murders of Jewish civilians—drawing backlash.

On Friday, according to screenshots, the X account of the podcast TrueAnon tweeted: “Amy Schumer is particularly sensitive to Jewish deaths due to her experience in the Holocaust. The nazis named a concentration camp after her it was called Da Cow.”

Androsky engaged, replying: “this is cute or whatever but it’s hosed up that you would say this about her when it you know it was actually Cowschitz.”

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Very late to this, but I think it's a great microcosm of how liberals don't really "get" that conservatives wield power, and it doesn't matter if they don't use 13th century laws or whatever the gently caress ever, you can't "by your logic" them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLMp-1NdzR8

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

lol i knew that name sounded familiar

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

ah,

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/comaccomacco/status/1717971361115587050
https://twitter.com/comaccomacco/status/1717974222620770699

holocaust revisionism all the way down

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

And that's why we had to bomb those sick kids

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

George Orwell in the profile header. Of course.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah the Nazis wanted to hide the Holocaust so much they held the HoloCon in Wansee

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/mattyglesias/status/1718404902831931661?s=20

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

never seen bibi so emotional before

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

dang, guess that's a strong argument for intelligence being genetic

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

so they think kristallnacht was all crisis actors?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Why do people do this

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
The only way you can hope for someone who agrees with 100% of the things you want is if you personally run for position and hope people vote for you. Saying x candidate only agrees with 80% of the things I like so I won't vote for them and having the candidate who only agrees 30% of the things you like win is not a great position to be in. You are allowed to not like everything a candidate stands for just as long as they stand for enough of the things you do like.

the other 20% is genocide but it's only 20% after all

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

gradenko_2000 posted:

Yeah the Nazis wanted to hide the Holocaust so much they held the HoloCon in Wansee

Hitler and his cronies used to sit around gassing themselves up about how sad it was that they would have to kill innocent women and children but alas, there was no other option, and history would absolve them, for they were simply hard men making hard decisions. no possible relevance nowadays, thankfully

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

why is everybody with one of those cutesy cartoon avatars a bloodgurgling psychopath

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/1718353870009565237

Motherfucker what are you gonna do about it

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

VOTE BERNIE!!!!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nichael posted:

ignoring politics, is she a stand up? thought she was mostly (or entirely) comedic actress? I do think she does quite a good job on Curb, but then, everyone does, even loving vince vaughn.

honestly i'm not sure if she's actually done stand up or not, i ignored a lot of advice they gave me about booking people. they originally wanted me to book Carlos Mencia (this was when Mind of Mencia was still airing) for the show but I got Bob Saget instead, with Alonzo Bodden for the opener. It was a great show.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I really don’t care what an Italian fascist thinks about Gaza

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Zedhe Khoja posted:

why is everybody with one of those cutesy cartoon avatars a bloodgurgling psychopath

picrew = mental illness has been an axiom for years now

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Wait

Matt Yglesias has a child???

How

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Adenoid Dan posted:

The only way you can hope for someone who agrees with 100% of the things you want is if you personally run for position and hope people vote for you. Saying x candidate only agrees with 80% of the things I like so I won't vote for them and having the candidate who only agrees 30% of the things you like win is not a great position to be in. You are allowed to not like everything a candidate stands for just as long as they stand for enough of the things you do like.

the other 20% is genocide but it's only 20% after all

Why is it so hard for them to grasp that biden doesn't even agree with 10% of what I like

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Wait

How

he impregnated himself by cumming into his gunt

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he impregnated himself by cumming into his gunt

lol

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

:nallears:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

hillary clinton was heckled at some talk last night (that revolved around human rights, lol) by a palestine supporter & I hope that happens to every loving pol from now till the end of time as long as they're supporting israel & its genocide.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Willa Rogers posted:

hillary clinton was heckled at some talk last night (that revolved around human rights, lol) by a palestine supporter & I hope that happens to every loving pol from now till the end of time as long as they're supporting israel & its genocide.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Maria Ressa is the CEO of Rappler, a Philippine version of The Intercept funded by Pierre Omidyar and the NED. Her previous job was a CNN bureau chief for Southeast Asia

She recently won a Nobel Peace Prize for standing up to the authoritarianism of Rodrigo Duterte, a claim which has not aged well given that she was eventually acquitted of all charges filed against her and she never actually saw the inside of a jail cell, ever

Outside of that, her primary advocacy has been harping on "disinformation" and social media influence operations and promoting the value of fact-checking

For her to be hobknobbing with the likes of Hillary Clinton, and then to come out with this bland tripe in response to someone questioning her lack of response to the events in Gaza is, as the other poster said, corncobbing.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Wait

How

I guess he sat on it long enough.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Oh look, a bunch of stupid fucks whose understanding of basic morality is only theoretical

How the gently caress else do you choose 10 camps over 20 with such full throated confidence

The correct answer is zero camps dumbass

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Ukraine flag, Israel flag, and globe emoji

It's a wonder that person manages to not drown in their own drool while trying to form thoughts

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
I watch a livestream of a city being bombed complete with a kill counter; it's really clear that I'm the good guy in this.

I look down at my phone and scroll through tiktoks mocking grieving mothers holding their dead infants. I will sleep well tonight

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I bet this person flinches when someone claps loudly or raises their voice near them irl

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Adenoid Dan posted:

I watch a livestream of a city being bombed complete with a kill counter; it's really clear that I'm the good guy in this.

I look down at my phone and scroll through tiktoks mocking grieving mothers holding their dead infants. I will sleep well tonight

it's really something to see people begging for more Gaza bombing videos the way they were also begging for Russians-getting-shot videos

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Oh look, a bunch of stupid fucks whose understanding of basic morality is only theoretical

How the gently caress else do you choose 10 camps over 20 with such full throated confidence

The correct answer is zero camps dumbass

"I'm voting for the lesser of two evils,
it's called #directaction sweaty" feels like a joke

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

preorder now in time for the Feb 2024 release!!!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

An all star team of the people who directly led to trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/comaccomacco/status/1696524171508134211

Again, Northern Italian Fascist.

The blood of Christopher Columbus pumps through Macco's veins.