Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I wonder if there's some weird budget issues going on. Hasbro said they were inspired by the Star Wars Black Series Gaming Greats subline, and that was basically a bunch of repaints with one or two new accessories until very recently. Maybe they were alotted similar sorts of retool budgets but couldn't make magic in the same way they did with stuff like Cosmos and Override.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I haven't really had a need to try it out yet since I got it but my a third party addon for core class Volcanius arrived and part of Swoop's new wrist and Snarl's new ankle are kinda loose.

"Quick Shine®️ - "It's like a new floor in a bottle!®️ - Formula crafted by Holloway House®️ since 1962"... ENGAGE!!!

I will post results soonish.

EDIT: this new stuff seems like it adds the required level of friction pretty well. It took longer to "set" than Future Shine, and feels a bit more watery on the q-tip. I'm going to check again tomorrow and see just to give it a little extra time.

Well, the joints seem to be holding up fine so far. Apart from it going on a bit more watery and taking a little longer to cure, it seems as effective as Future Shine.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Robot Style posted:

I wonder if there's some weird budget issues going on. Hasbro said they were inspired by the Star Wars Black Series Gaming Greats subline, and that was basically a bunch of repaints with one or two new accessories until very recently. Maybe they were alotted similar sorts of retool budgets but couldn't make magic in the same way they did with stuff like Cosmos and Override.

People fixate on parts count and paint for budgets, but r&d matters a lot too. We know for a fact that hasbro's team for gamer edition wasn't able to directly extract the character models from the High Moon games in a time efficient way. I wouldn't be surprised if the flaws on these guys is attributable to a time crunch.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/SixoTF/status/1718224022792540308

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

nnnnnnoooo thank you

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Live action movie cassettes are Cybertronian Beastboxes

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it almost looks like it turns into a torso for a tiny robot. that would have been cool tbh

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The most important factor for me there is not that he's blue, but that he looks like poo poo.

Captain Invictus posted:

it almost looks like it turns into a torso for a tiny robot. that would have been cool tbh

Yeah! A mugenbine/monstructor funny little man made of cubes would have been cool!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
That's ugly as gently caress, why is it a thing?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The WFC Seeker design is pretty naff, honestly

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Concept Art Megatron

https://twitter.com/sixotf/status/1718225822224441524?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fil5000 posted:

That's ugly as gently caress, why is it a thing?
I don't think the robot mode looks bad, but the altmode is an impressive lump of Nothing

and the robot mode looks to be wildly articulated, like, for a core class he's got shoulders, shoulder swivels, elbows, waist swivel, hip joints, and knees. for a core class that seems ridiculous to me. like I have core class nemesis prime sitting right here and he's got good articulation but not nearly that much, and his feet are bricks. I'll probably get that rumble to fiddle with and pose, I can't really tell from the picture but it almost looks like he has some sort of joint in the feet as well, possibly just a swivel, maybe a balljoint. if it's a balljoint then that little dude is going to be godlike for posing doing stuff

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The full figure was shown, it’s a triple changer! Tank and plane.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

That legit looks good for a little dude that morphs into a poo poo box (by necessity) that you stuff into the chest of Bumblebee movie Soundwave. I actually really liked Ravage from a while back. Sure, he turns into nothing, but he still folds up real nice and is well articulated for a robot panther

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

The full figure was shown, it’s a triple changer! Tank and plane.

An instant buy!

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Captain Invictus posted:

I don't think the robot mode looks bad, but the altmode is an impressive lump of Nothing

and the robot mode looks to be wildly articulated, like, for a core class he's got shoulders, shoulder swivels, elbows, waist swivel, hip joints, and knees. for a core class that seems ridiculous to me. like I have core class nemesis prime sitting right here and he's got good articulation but not nearly that much, and his feet are bricks. I'll probably get that rumble to fiddle with and pose, I can't really tell from the picture but it almost looks like he has some sort of joint in the feet as well, possibly just a swivel, maybe a balljoint. if it's a balljoint then that little dude is going to be godlike for posing doing stuff

He's like a Stikfa that turns into a cube of junkyard scrap

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I'm disheartened by what I am reading about that Rumble. Just because he doesn't transform into something "useful" he shouldn't exist? His usefulness isn't for you to judge. This sounds a lot like roboeugenics from a fascist Cybertronian government.

Do better goons.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
These concept art guys are exciting! I felt that some of the Bumblebee Prologue figures were absolutely fantastic, and the freedom offered by new designs without licensed altmodes is really exciting. That Megatron looks like a lot of fun.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://i.imgur.com/3dEip2E.mp4

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Christ, yeah. Every so often I’ll find the big robot one with the segmented arms in a box at home. They were weird but good.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I know I am late to the party, but I just opened the Ross-bought Autobot Ark and he is pretty drat awesome. My son is having a blast with him, he has named him Stacky (???) and he and the friend he came with, Big Computer, are building together.
I have never heard ratchet joints this loud. My goodness gracious. He’s a lot of fun though, but Mainframe is too fiddle for me.

Kinda tempted to open up my long-boxed Trypticon now though… maybe tomorrow…

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I know I am late to the party, but I just opened the Ross-bought Autobot Ark and he is pretty drat awesome. My son is having a blast with him, he has named him Stacky (???) and he and the friend he came with, Big Computer, are building together.
I have never heard ratchet joints this loud. My goodness gracious. He’s a lot of fun though, but Mainframe is too fiddle for me.

Kinda tempted to open up my long-boxed Trypticon now though… maybe tomorrow…

Release him from his cardboard prison

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Rumble kinda looks like Bruticus. Am I the only one seeing it?

The alt mode, it's so siblings fighting can throw it at one another easier.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
if they are going to do a bunch of concept art transformers, we better get some transtech ones

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
not a transformer, but a very, very, very cool robot you should absolutely consider picking up if you like sturdy figures to fiddle with on your desk. reposting from the action figure thread:

Captain Invictus posted:

hello. are you someone who enjoys reasonably-priced hyperarticulated figures, combined with extremely high quality construction, to ensure your fiddlin' figure can survive your meaty mitts manhandling it into poses? do I have the toyline for you: ASTROBOTS

it all started with the release of Apollo(who has sold out like a dozen times on BBTS but they get semi-frequent restocks), a gorilla-physiqued blue and white robot with quite ridiculous poseability

and has expanded to other figures, including some female figures that I'm not the biggest fan of because they sacrifice the sturdiness and individually-jointed fingers for curves and daintiness, but are still solid figures. but then they announced the production of VULKAN, a robot with arms, who has a backpack with even BIGGER arms on it. after quite a few delays, he finally came in stock, and yesterday arrived at my front door. he's incredible, the best of any of them and well worth the $120 price tag. He's HUGE, his joints are absurdly rock solid, he has only two detachable accessories(the drills on the backpack arms), and he can stand straight while holding apollo in one of the backpack claw arms without issue, seriously, he's unbelievably sturdy. they knew exactly what they were doing when designing this figure. I couldn't possibly name every point of articulation in the figure, there's far more than they probably needed to add like toes and multiple foot joints and torso/shoulder joints, but they're all super strong and allow for ridiculous poseability.

I don't normally buy repaints/remolds at full price, but I will have to make an exception for HYPERION, because if there's one thing I am an absolute sucker for, it's robots wearing armor that has a second larger pair of arms with giant fists on them. It's why the Huckebein Boxer is one of my favorite Super Robot Wars suits.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

They remind me of Real Steel robots. Very cool.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

There is (or is gonna be, not sure on the timeline here) a comic about those guys written by Simon Furman. I personally think Furman kinda sucks so I'm not gonna read it but it might be of interest to some of the people here.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Apollo looks like roided up Grey Fox

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

Droyer posted:

There is (or is gonna be, not sure on the timeline here) a comic about those guys written by Simon Furman.

Was! :eng101:

There were 5 issues, the final one came out mid-September-ish. I haven't got around to reading them yet, but the art looks good.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Non Compos Mentis posted:

if they are going to do a bunch of concept art transformers, we better get some transtech ones

I know it's utterly impossible but I wish they would somehow release toys based on the prototypes that got leaked years ago

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What, were they non-Euclidean or something?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Dabir posted:

What, were they non-Euclidean or something?

To know them is to fear them. :stonk:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
drat, I think I actually really like New Video Game Prime

https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/10/30/reactivate-rise-optimus-prime-figure-first-look-496607

I'm sure eventually people will get up in arms about the grey fists and lack of fifth wheel, but otherwise he looks like a pretty great take on Optimus

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Phy posted:

https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/10/30/reactivate-rise-optimus-prime-figure-first-look-496607

I'm sure eventually people will get up in arms about the grey fists and lack of fifth wheel, but otherwise he looks like a pretty great take on Optimus

He'll make for a fine Nemesis

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
welp, dad was on a trip and a package got delivered to his doorstep. he asked me to pick it up for him while he was away.

it had ROBOSEN emblazoned on it. :ohdear:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh no, I’m sorry. Maybe he can resell it at some point to recoup the costs.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm pretty sure it's a christmas present for me since he knows I like transformers. so I can resell it, but, yeah.

I wonder if I should just sit down and talk with him this weekend and be like "look I know you mean well, but I absolutely do not want this thing, can you see if you can return it before the return window closes"

he has a lot of money but is of the sort of "I will spend it how I want, unless you have a very good life or death reason do not ask me for money, however I may arbitrarily spend an inordinate amount on something for you out of nowhere unasked" which is extremely obnoxious when I, say, want to get a new front step but he spends the cost of said new front step on a robosen transformer like so instead of asking me what sorts of things I'd like

I get wanting to get people a gift that they don't know is coming, but I also have expenses and home improvement needs that I would prefer putting gift money towards rather than getting, like, this robot or the stupid huge lego millenium falcon or whatever

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm pretty sure it's a christmas present for me since he knows I like transformers. so I can resell it, but, yeah.

I wonder if I should just sit down and talk with him this weekend and be like "look I know you mean well, but I absolutely do not want this thing, can you see if you can return it before the return window closes"

he has a lot of money but is of the sort of "I will spend it how I want, unless you have a very good life or death reason do not ask me for money, however I may arbitrarily spend an inordinate amount on something for you out of nowhere unasked" which is extremely obnoxious when I, say, want to get a new front step but he spends the cost of said new front step on a robosen transformer like so instead of asking me what sorts of things I'd like

I get wanting to get people a gift that they don't know is coming, but I also have expenses and home improvement needs that I would prefer putting gift money towards rather than getting, like, this robot or the stupid huge lego millenium falcon or whatever

As someone with a mom that used to do pretty much this exact thing I found it usually worked best if I turned around and sold the thing if it was something I truly didn't want. Any time I tried to actually deter her from buying stuff it just made her upset with no upside. Even though I brought it up to here a couple times she never really stopped till she was finally retired and started needing to be more money concious.

Not to say this is how it would be in your situation!

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Phy posted:

Aside from some schmutz on the bumper, he's also missing the same sort of all-black post-apocalyptic/battle-damage deco that Bumblebee and Starscream had. I wonder if that was just for the 2-pack and their individual releases will be cleaner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Robot Style posted:

Aside from some schmutz on the bumper, he's also missing the same sort of all-black post-apocalyptic/battle-damage deco that Bumblebee and Starscream had. I wonder if that was just for the 2-pack and their individual releases will be cleaner?

Huh. I went back and looked at those two bozos and the black is asymmetrical in spots. You might be on to something there.