Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

weekly font posted:

Pop quiz hotshots: What movie so you think we’re wrong about that will get massive critical reevaluation in 20 years? Like how The Thing was panned or The Shining was nominated for Razzies (lol) or how Its a Wonderful Life was most forgotten until it got heavy rotation on TV?

The Counselor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

weekly font posted:

Pop quiz hotshots: What movie so you think we’re wrong about that will get massive critical reevaluation in 20 years? Like how The Thing was panned or The Shining was nominated for Razzies (lol) or how Its a Wonderful Life was most forgotten until it got heavy rotation on TV?

the creator

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

The Counselor

That’s a good one.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I really loved Crimes of the Future and I think even plenty of Cronenberg fans kinda let it slip by without much comment, I hope it gets more appreciation at least in his catalog over time

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Every time someone mentions the creator I think of the founder about Ray Kroc instead.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Baron von Eevl posted:

Every time someone mentions the creator I think of the founder about Ray Kroc instead.

Keaton and Nick Offerman are absolutely wonderful in that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Baron von Eevl posted:

It’s a sequel

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Baron von Eevl posted:

I have the same problem with vast of night vs color of night

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Martman posted:

I really loved Crimes of the Future and I think even plenty of Cronenberg fans kinda let it slip by without much comment, I hope it gets more appreciation at least in his catalog over time

It's good. Certainly makes sense why it didn't find an audience because it's very strange, but definitely underappreciated.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Watching Wishmaster right now and not only is Robert Englund in it, but my man Reggie Bannister makes an appearance!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

And Kane Hodder and Tony Todd!

It’s a very who’s who of horror

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/seinfelddahog/status/1717871255641063441?s=46

These have to be a joke. I can’t fathom any of these

Edit: lol there’s three dozen of them

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Steve Yun posted:

These have to be a joke. I can’t fathom any of these

We both know you'd watch Sasquatch Panic

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Can’t believe we’ll never see slut or m4nd. Truly a cursed world we live in

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Alas the laptop was recovered (though the story reeks of bullshit)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Mother fucker saw this sketch and decided it needed to be 90 minutes long

https://youtu.be/ooarT3cn8_o?si=TaqC8F7s3MpEJT-q

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

Can’t believe we’ll never see slut or m4nd. Truly a cursed world we live in

Prepare for Max Landis self insert main character, a telekinetic screenwriter, in M4nk.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Oct 28, 2023

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Azhais posted:

I have the same problem with vast of night vs color of night

Same but Spine of Night

Which I guess fits because it still needs to get the same appraisal as Fire & Ice, at least

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

The MSJ posted:

Prepare for Max Landis self insert main character, a telekinetic screenwriter, in M4nk.

Presumably he’s got to start out as a fur salesman in M1nk before doing some other poo poo for 2 movies to get there

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Maxwell Lord posted:

Alas the laptop was recovered (though the story reeks of bullshit)

I am near certain I've seen some of these pitches before so I wouldn't be shocked if he was just doing this to have an excuse to repost them and hope some executive sees it and gives him a call.

Edit: oh wait I just saw the description that these were reposted from his old website.

Flying Zamboni fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Oct 28, 2023

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Wife and I watched Bram Stoker's Dracula the other night as part of our weekly movie night. I forgot how slow the film is. It's beautifully done and I appreciate the artistic intent of the film but I find it hard to call the film "entertaining."

That film feels more like going to the theater for a performance than watching a film.

After we finished, she looked at me and said "I feel like I need to watch something with explosions now."

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Good wife

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Grendels Dad posted:

Same but Spine of Night

Which I guess fits because it still needs to get the same appraisal as Fire & Ice, at least

I've never heard of this but that is hands down one of the best movie titles I've ever heard

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/ostx78/status/1716143799183790229?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
That's incredible.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I caught most of this entertaining interview with Werner Herzog on the radio last night while driving to a chum to watch the rugby

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001ry77

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Martman posted:

People just weren't ready to hear that surgery is the new sex.

Segue
May 23, 2007

It's a deepfake. The real cosplayer goes by illusion_alchemy on Instagram. Kinda scary how good it goes over.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Next volcanic eruption might be right by the Blue Lagoon. Which would make it somewhat difficult for it to remain open.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Mordiceius posted:

Wife and I watched Bram Stoker's Dracula the other night as part of our weekly movie night. I forgot how slow the film is. It's beautifully done and I appreciate the artistic intent of the film but I find it hard to call the film "entertaining."

That film feels more like going to the theater for a performance than watching a film.

After we finished, she looked at me and said "I feel like I need to watch something with explosions now."

FFC'sBS'sD is the perfect self indulgent trainwreck movie and I will hear no discussion about it being boring or a chore.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Mordiceius posted:

No.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

CelticPredator posted:

And Kane Hodder and Tony Todd!

It’s a very who’s who of horror

Don’t forget The Tall Man narrates the opening, and the first guy to beef it is Ted Raimi!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MZ be like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92Q7Rv5jT80

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Frankly I’m not that upset

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Saw Five Nights at Freddy's with my step nephews and I do not know anything about the games. I am aware of them.

I thought it was not bad. My nephews absolutely loved it! So all and all in that category I think it was a fun movie to watch!

Would like to add that the audience I was with was REALLY into it. The scene where The man who was in the suit was being murdered by his own creation had people freaking out and my nephews were getting into it. That alone to me was very fun to witness.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 31, 2023

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I’m watching this fake documentary that’s supposed to be about this guy who believes there’s a world of monsters underground, but it’s extremely distracting that the guy is played by Ray Wise. That’s not some guy, that’s Skip Reming!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Thing that comes to mind whenever I see Ray Wise is Reapers. Even when I see him in RoboCop, I say “hey that’s the devil”

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Naw, true connoisseurs are like, 'What the hell is Leland doing here?'

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Ray Wise will forever be remembered by me first and foremost as President Dugan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Naw, true connoisseurs are like, 'What the hell is Leland doing here?'

Skip overwrote Leland in my mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkjMUX7CpH0