Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah they said a couple of months ago that they decided to stop doing live shows that they can't sell VODs of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Will they ever release the VOD or the Jokes Only of The Five Doctors?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Rad VoD is scheduled for November 3rd.

As for The Five Doctors, it doesn't look like that's in the cards. Let's just say the BBC are being dicks about it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The latest Bridget and Mary Jo release is another Mary Higgins Clark movie and the plot is just a jumbled mess. The fake out perpetrator being actually guilty of murdering the girl at the beginning was just odd. Another thing is the love interest was way too stalker-y. Also shocking twist ending they've run out of Mary Higgins Clark movies to riff.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

New short looks a delight:

Comedy Professionals posted:

Like most educational shorts from the 50s, Don’t Be Afraid is about a boy named Billy with a mother who wears a nice dress with an apron over it at all hours of the day. Unlike most educational shorts from the 50s, Don’t Be Afraid centers on the terror of being alive. Buckle up for the existential dread of simply being Billy, kids!

Billy’s afraid of everything, and his mom’s not afraid to shame him for it. Things in the closet, warm stoves, climbable gutters, friendly school janitors: they all chill young Billy to his core. Mom tries to help Billy by pointing out that other kids are afraid of things too, like dogs and bringing home bad report cards to judgmental parents.

But those kids are wrong to be afraid too, Mom says. The world is full of scary things Billy, and everyone is afraid, but you shouldn’t be, because being afraid is wrong. Get it, Billy? Do you feel better now, Billy??

Suffer the icy fear of a 1950s childhood and join Mike, Kevin and Bill for Don’t Be Afraid… if you’ve got the guts!

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

quote:

But those kids are wrong to be afraid too, Mom says. The world is full of scary things Billy, and everyone is afraid, but you shouldn’t be, because being afraid is wrong.

That reminds me of the short "If Mirrors Could Speak," which says that being sad is selfish but you can stop being sad simply by not wanting to be sad.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

my happy thoughts for tonight are that whoever wrote that short is long dead by now.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Friend summed up the latest Rifftrax as "wait, that was the 8th movie in a series of Amityville movies?"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hogama posted:

Friend summed up the latest Rifftrax as "wait, that was the 8th movie in a series of Amityville movies?"

Amityville is a public domain name, I think after the first... four? its different companies cashing in on a name.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Barudak posted:

Amityville is a public domain name, I think after the first... four? its different companies cashing in on a name.

23 Amityville movies in the last 5 years alone.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Amityville Dollhouse is very confusing where the evil starts psychologically messing with people before giving up and just sending fake ghosts. Like it makes the mom horny for the stepson which then leads to... nothing?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Breadallelogram posted:

23 Amityville movies in the last 5 years alone.

And I believe there are 56 movies total

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Canned Panda posted:

And I believe there are 56 movies total

2 good riffs so far, only 54 to go.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Billy Gnosis posted:

2 good riffs so far, only 54 to go.

I'd genuinely love for them to get their hands on the remake with Ryan Reynolds. He's such a hilarious physical upgrade from past portrayals of George Lutz.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rad is now up for backers, I'm assuming it will be available for sale tomorrow.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That means one extra day to have rear end sliding all to ourselves!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

RandomPauI posted:

That means one extra day to have rear end sliding all to ourselves!

Too late. BMX slow dances now belong to us, the lumpenproletariat. :smuggo:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Not gonna lie, hearing a Sparks song during RAD blew my mind.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1723068504079737021

If you're one of those 'I want Just The Jokes for modern movies!' well here you go.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
The Maverick riff is pretty good. But then, how could it be otherwise?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YesCZm6R3nM

Look at that cool cover art.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I've always wanted to see somebody do a cover of this that includes the MST3K lyrics like they're a normal part of the song.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1725572912416202816

So, uh... yeah. Somebody made this movie, ostensibly on purpose.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 18, 2023

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Wait, it came out last year? :psyduck:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
OH! I recognize that woman. RLM covered another one of her vanity projects on Best of the Worst where she was a cyborg. I remember scenes of her standing in the middle of a lot in a housing development as a stand-in for "the desert" or something.

Unless it's another lady-Neil-Breen with horribly botched plastic surgery face....

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Lots of real life mental health issues going on with the folks involved in that "movie"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BaronVonVaderham posted:

OH! I recognize that woman. RLM covered another one of her vanity projects on Best of the Worst where she was a cyborg. I remember scenes of her standing in the middle of a lot in a housing development as a stand-in for "the desert" or something.

Unless it's another lady-Neil-Breen with horribly botched plastic surgery face....

Mel Novak means it is definitely the same woman.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Watching that trailer, there were two women in it (the old lady sitting at the bar and the old dubbed lady at the very end) who looked really familiar to me. And not in a "I recognize them from a movie" familiar but in a "I think they're customers where I work" familiar.

Then I realized that they are both regulars on those Elders React videos on YouTube.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Rifftrax Live: Manos is now free on the youtube channel!

E: oh god that 10 minute edit of the argument is a crime against humanity

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Nov 22, 2023

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Haven't been buying a lot of riffs lately but I used the Black Friday sale to get Paradise Motel and Robocop and the Paradise Motel did not disappoint. It also has way more credits than you'd think for a movie that looks like three people made it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

WHITE BIIIIIRRRD

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Everyone from The Paradise Motel looks like they should be in a Tim and Eric sketch.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm pretty sure they made this joke in Apex Predator but Mel Novak looks like an evil puppet brought to life.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Us beautiful people need to stick together!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Something just sunk in: there was an actual script, as in someone actually wrote this poo poo down, got back to it several times and saw no problems.
This will keep me up at night. Also Mel Novak's face.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is such a weird nothing movie. Especially the ending where it just kind of peters off.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Canned Panda posted:

Us beautiful people need to stick together!

The thing about movies this incompetent that makes them a weird kind of fun is trying to backwards engineer what the people behind the movie even thought they were doing. I think they were trying to do a twist on Psycho, where instead of the creepy motel owner being the bad guy, it's some hitchhikers who also give off "going to be killed in a slasher movie" vibes? Still not sure what the whole subplot about the horny guy in the cowboy hat was about.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Still not sure what the whole subplot about the horny guy in the cowboy hat was about.

I'd like to think he's the only real person, trapped in a dream world conjured by his comatose brain.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
This guy in the bar:

And convicted killer Alex Murdagh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

Does anyone know why they never completed the Hunger Games series? I figured they would've been big sellers, but they seem to be doing less big budget movies these days.