Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grilled Beef
Oct 27, 2023
funniest possible outcome is next time Israel spazzes out and shoots a missile at turkey or Turkish interests, Erdogan invokes article 5

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Chillgamesh posted:

Imo if war is so good for the economy we should start a war with Israel. After all they get their gear from us! Imagine how much money we'd make selling jets to the guys who we're bombing with our jets!

the thing is that the US just gives this poo poo to Israel so it's more like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAKOWcs8w54

honestly the first step to taming those assholes down is to start making them pay for poo poo.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Grilled Beef posted:

funniest possible outcome is next time Israel spazzes out and shoots a missile at turkey or Turkish interests, Erdogan invokes article 5

that's not how nato works

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

they want egypt to cede land to an east berlin shoot to kill zone on the border

:stare:

fizzier
Oct 29, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grilled Beef posted:

对于烤牛肉所描述的场景的喜剧价值来说是个坏消息 -- 第 5 条不具有任何约束力。

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/topics_110496.htm

Article 5

“The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence recognized by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area.

Any such armed attack and all measures taken as a result thereof shall immediately be reported to the Security Council. Such measures shall be terminated when the Security Council has taken the measures necessary to restore and maintain international peace and security.”

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Hezbollah hype trailer watch party

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Blarghalt posted:

This is a golden Qassam rocket. All craftshamassship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with obsidian glass, decorated with bronze, and studded with square sapphires and polished whale bone. On the item is an image of Hamas fighters in a tunnel. The Hamas fighters are shooting Israelis. On the item is an image of Benjamin Netanyahu. He is kneeling before a statue of Hitler. On the item is an image of Palestinian with a rock. The Palestinian is throwing the rock at a tank. The tank is exploding.

:eyepop:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Al-Saqr posted:

how so? im not disagreeing with you thag hezbollah doesnt want to go full scale yet, but theyre getting more and more active on the border and it seems to me theyre making the strategic call that entering full scale will strengthen israels hand by involving america, so theyre waiting until either the military situation in gaza becomes bad for Hamas enough to warrant intervention or for a diplomatic breakthrough.

but yeah i agree tho cuckbollah should intervene fully as soon as possible

Isreal and the USA seem to want an actual good excuse to be able to at the least bomb Syria, Lebanon, and Iran. The carrier groups now give them the ability to do so at the drop of the hat. I think the window for Hezbollah getting meaningfully involved was before the boats got into position.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It's funny when this Keynesian logic gets whipped out to support wars but never to support infrastructure or healthcare or anything that actually helps people.

The CBS person asked JD Vance if he would support war funding if he knew the money was going to arms factories in ohio.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Frosted Flake posted:

lol do you think they're so bold they want Egypt to cede it rather than having that on their own side of the border?

absolutely. they already want egypt to take 2 million people

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

This "Gaza is homophobic" stuff would probably work better if Israel hadn't allowed the same Orthodox Jew to stab people to death at a pride parade twice.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Mr Hootington posted:

Isreal and the USA seem to want an actual good excuse to be able to at the least bomb Syria, Lebanon, and Iran. The carrier groups now give them the ability to do so at the drop of the hat. I think the window for Hezbollah getting meaningfully involved was before the boats got into position.

If the US goes in with their carriers, it is going to cost them as well. Hezbollah has been steadily ramping up the attacks to see when the US' threshold is.

That said, the carriers may not be as effective as one may think against Hezbollah, they have been expecting them.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Mr Hootington posted:

The CBS person asked JD Vance if he would support war funding if he knew the money was going to arms factories in ohio.

What was his answer

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Israeli propaganda has mostly failed on the internet, it's one time stronghold. Television is dominated by Anglo-Germanic elites who won't allow dissent

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Look we should just make a new state called Israel-Palestine where everyone can live peacefully together. This can't be that hard

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Nonsense posted:

Israeli propaganda has mostly failed on the internet, it's one time stronghold. Television is dominated by Anglo-Germanic elites who won't allow dissent

that and the only Israelis they can find to interview are doing their best rendition of “Radio Télévision Libre des Mille Collines”

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

looks like Israel is gonna successfully diminish Hamas's capabilities all the way back to Tel Aviv looooollll

lol

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I dont even know if palestine israel anymore

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

https://twitter.com/AbirKopty/status/1718617343230664950?s=20

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/Targai020/status/1718579626216399020

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

SplitSoul posted:

This "Gaza is homophobic" stuff would probably work better if Israel hadn't allowed the same Orthodox Jew to stab people to death at a pride parade twice.

this loving "hur hur you support GBLT but you know Hamas/Gaza is bad for gays, right" is so goddamn cynical.

you know what's worse for gblt people in gaza than homophobia and cultural biases against them?

annihilationist settler-colonists bent on genocide nonstop carpet bombing them!

often as not the speaker is doing the "would you rather" trope where the vulnerable minority they're mock-concerned about is just a dodge for the minority they'd rather be hurting right now. see also "well we should provide for our vets before regular homeless" but they don't really give a poo poo about anyone.

we're going to have to wait till phase 4 in 2033 for the IRGC to get introduced to the story and by then audiences are going to have franchise fatigue.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

What was his answer

I couldn't hear because I started yelling at the TV and my in-laws finally changed the channel.

fizzier
Oct 29, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
无国界记者组织得出结论,犯下种族灭绝罪的以色列蓄意针对并杀害了黎巴嫩无国界记者伊萨姆·阿卜杜拉。

https://rsf.org/en/rsf-video-investigation-death-reuters-reporter-issam-abdallah-lebanon-journalists-vehicle-was

RSF video investigation into the death of Reuters reporter Issam Abdallah in Lebanon: the journalists' vehicle was explicitly targeted
30 Oct 2023

Reporters Without Borders (RSF) has released a video reconstruction of the tragedy that resulted in the death of one journalist and the injury of several others. The initial findings of the investigation show that the reporters were not collateral victims of the shooting. One of their vehicles, marked "press", was targeted, and it was also clear that the group stationed next to it was journalists.

What happened on the border between Israel and Lebanon on Friday 13 October when a bombing raid claimed the life of Reuters journalist Issam Abdallah? Two strikes of different intensity, about thirty seconds apart, hit the exact spot where seven journalists were standing. They had set up in this area to cover the exchange of fire between Hezbollah forces and the Israeli army. The first strike killed Reuters photojournalist Issam Abdallah and seriously injured Agence France-Presse (AFP) correspondent Christina Assi, while the second blew up the Al Jazeera vehicle in the immediate vicinity, injuring several of their colleagues.

Blamed for the incident by various witnesses, the Israeli army immediately declared that it was "sorry" and that it was “looking into it.” . A week after the events, RSF is reconstructing what may have happened between 4.45pm, the time of the first images collected, and around 6pm, the time of the death of Issam Abdallah, aged 37, in Alma el-Chaab, southern Lebanon. The sources include videos filmed at the very moment of the tragedy and ballistic analysts commissioned by RSF.

At this stage, RSF's investigation can conclude that :

On Friday 13 October, at around 6.00 pm, two strikes of different intensity, 37 to 38 seconds apart, hit the spot where a group of seven journalists had been for more than an hour. The first killed Reuters photojournalist Issam Abdallah, according to his colleagues who were with him.

The second, more powerful strike, with a payload of more than 3 kg TNT equivalent according to RSF's ballistic expertise, ignited the Al Jazeera vehicle, a white Toyota, next to which the reporter was standing, injuring Al Jazeera journalists Carmen Joukhadar and Elie Brakhya, as well as their AFP colleague Dylan Collins. The strike displaced the vehicle by around 90 degrees from its original position.

According to the ballistic analysis carried out by RSF, the shots came from the east of where the journalists were standing; from the direction of the Israeli border.

Two strikes in the same place in such a short space of time (just over 30 seconds), from the same direction, clearly indicate precise targeting.

It is unlikely that the journalists were mistaken for combatants, especially as they were not hiding: in order to have a clear field of vision, they had been in the open for more than an hour, on the top of a hill. They were wearing helmets and bullet-proof waistcoats marked "press". Their car was also identified as "press" thanks to a marking on the roof, according to witnesses.

At around 4.45pm, one of the Al Jazeera journalists interviewed in the video spotted an Israeli helicopter flying over the area and was able to spot the journalists. The reporters were therefore identified in the area by the forces present before the bombing.

An Israeli Apache helicopter flew over the scene a few seconds before the tragedy, according to Edmond Sassine, journalist with the Lebanese television station LBCI, who was stationed around a hundred metres from his colleagues from Reuters, Al Jazeera and AFP.

Five days earlier, on 9 October, the Al Jazeera journalists had suffered a similar attack in the village of Dhayra in southern Lebanon: according to their testimonies, an Israeli helicopter flew over them before a missile fell next to their car – of the same model as the one bombed on 13 October – also bearing the word "press".

RSF is continuing its investigation.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I know it is a bit 🍔 posting, but a ton of the usa support for this is economics based. Q3 USA GDP growth was driven by inflation and government war spending. The other categories were not good. Inflation is possibly finally slowing so to make up for that why not more war spending? Try to game the numbers so a usa recession "isn't happening" before election. This also plays into the usa's own goal of "reshoring".

Isreal's bullshit is nazi based bullshit, but the usa's seems to be much more economically cynical.

Sorry for a bit of 🍔. It is just what I'm seeing from all the crap I've read and watched.

Death to Israel.
Death to USA
Death to the rich.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Mr Hootington posted:

I know it is a bit 🍔 posting, but a ton of the usa support for this is economics based. Q3 USA GDP growth was driven by inflation and government war spending. The other categories were not good. Inflation is possibly finally slowing so to make up for that why not more war spending? Try to game the numbers so a usa recession "isn't happening" before election. This also plays into the usa's own goal of "reshoring".

Isreal's bullshit is nazi based bullshit, but the usa's seems to be much more economically cynical.

Sorry for a bit of 🍔. It is just what I'm seeing from all the crap I've read and watched.

Death to Israel.
Death to USA
Death to the rich.

shut up bitch

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Whoa hey get this, countries support war to boost their economy. Did you know? I've been reading a lot of books lately and figured this out.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lumpentroll posted:

shut up bitch

🙏🏽

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

lumpentroll posted:

shut up bitch

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

Whoa hey get this, countries support war to boost their economy. Did you know? I've been reading a lot of books lately and figured this out.

You get this thread has been having a different audience than normal for cspam, right?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

hosed up that they support war for impure reasons, and not simply for honor and glory and the development of martial techniques

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

too much intra-poster animosity lately and not enough anti-Israel animosity imo

dti

Resistance News Network posted:

The Palestinian masses reject Oslo and its children! In the 30 years since the traitorous deal, the number of settlements have tripled, there are 155 new zionist outposts, and the settler population in the West Bank has more than quadrupled.

Resistance has intensified in lockstep. Today’s resistance culminates from every day prior, a moment in the lineage of revolutionaries who fought the British imperialists and are steadfast against the zionist agents of imperialism today. The fight will continue until complete liberation from US imperialism is achieved.

Read the words of our heroic martyrs on concession, capitulation, surrender, and negotation.
(from t.me/PalestineResist/17239, via tgsa)

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Calibanibal posted:

hosed up that they support war for impure reasons, and not simply for honor and glory and the development of martial techniques

you posted this on the wrong account

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

webcams for christ posted:

too much intra-poster animosity lately and not enough anti-Israel animosity imo

dti

This is normal.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I only support wars for capturing sacrificial victims for the rites of huitzilopochtli

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

the thing is that the US just gives this poo poo to Israel so it's more like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAKOWcs8w54

honestly the first step to taming those assholes down is to start making them pay for poo poo.

I mean we don't give them money to be used for building things, we give them money that they can use to buy weapons from our MIC. It's the international equivalent of giving them company scrip. It's just that they really like the stuff at the company store, so it works out for them (up until now).

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Calibanibal posted:

they already maxed out martial technique

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Zodium posted:

you posted this on the wrong account

olol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Hezbollah hit/took down a drone