Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I want a t-shirt cannon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Finger gun from jaykin bacon

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.
after-kill voice lines from jaykin bacon

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Hi goons, friendly reminder We are doing a 5v5 Goonman Tournament!

Right now, we have 38 people who have signed up, meaning 7 teams with a couple of subs. I'm closing signup at the end of the day tomorrow, will be choosing the captains, and then scheduling the draft with the captains.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

Unbound posted:

I want an AR-15 for t side, give it a tighter spread, less bullets, and less penetration than an ak.

I'd love something like this. Could be to the AK like the A1-s is to the A4. There's a weird russian gun called the AN-94 that's chambered in 5.45x39mm and it also has a unique 2 round burst that would be a really cool addition.

Infernot
Jul 17, 2015

"A short night wakes me from a dream that seemed so long."
Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/leplubodeslapin/status/1718392365071708208?s=20

We need workshop support bad

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

Dongicus posted:

how aboutu a freaking bazooka

How soon we forget

:911:

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I have a Doom mod that I use that's basically the entire CS 1.6 arsenal and I was wondering where the rocket launcher came from. Completely forgot about Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes (or repressed all memory of it because yeeesh. . .).

EDIT: Guys, Counter-Strike 2: Deleted Scenes - do it. I'd love a (actually good) mindless shooty SP campaign in CS2.

Grimthwacker fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 29, 2023

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
CZ deleted scenes own purely because its valve coming in to say wow, this game you guys made is horrible. Pure poo poo. Abysmal. We are NOT making this The Game.

We will release it however, telling everyone this.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Kehveli posted:

CZ deleted scenes own purely because its valve coming in to say wow, this game you guys made is horrible. Pure poo poo. Abysmal. We are NOT making this The Game.

We will release it however, telling everyone this.

You forgot that first you hire another team to make it over again, and release that at the same time, and make sure everyone knows that the game made by the new guys is the real one.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
just got kicked from deathmatch for fragging like 8 guys in a row, love to see it

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I was defending A site on Nuke from behind the tanks, I was trying to grenade tetris, and I massively fumbled it and the grenade bounced into squeaky and killed a T I had no idea of, then I shot the T coming from tetris. Gamesense.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Oct 29, 2023

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Is the only way to get cool items/skins to pay to open a box that *might* have something you want? Can't believe they get away with this loving lootbox bs

Infernot
Jul 17, 2015

"A short night wakes me from a dream that seemed so long."
Grimey Drawer

PirateBob posted:

Is the only way to get cool items/skins to pay to open a box that *might* have something you want? Can't believe they get away with this loving lootbox bs

You can just buy skins on the community market within Steam or a 3rd party skin marketplace. That's what I've done for 99% of my inventory

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Infernot posted:

You can just buy skins on the community market within Steam or a 3rd party skin marketplace. That's what I've done for 99% of my inventory

I'm not about to pay a single dollar for any skin. I just want to unlock whatever rewards I've earned. Without paying.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

PirateBob posted:

I'm not about to pay a single dollar for any skin. I just want to unlock whatever rewards I've earned. Without paying.

The reward is selling the case on the market or waiting until it becomes more valuable. Cases I had earned through play that were about £0.40 when I last played CS:GO were like £6 when I came back to CS2. Opening whatever is inside will be less valuable mostly likely.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Brendan Rodgers posted:

The reward is selling the case on the market or waiting until it becomes more valuable. Cases I had earned through play that were about £0.40 when I last played CS:GO were like £6 when I came back to CS2. Opening whatever is inside will be less valuable mostly likely.

Someone close to me has part of his investment portfolio consisting of about $7K worth of Cases that he bought for about 1K back a few years ago or so. I'm not certain on the timeline.

It's really bonkers. He has this one storage thing where each case in there was $80

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

PirateBob posted:

good news, a lot of them are less than a dollar

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

i got my pretty five-seven purple skin for like $0.04

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i got a cool looking flame test five seven which sucks because im not very good with the five seven

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i play with skins off

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

PirateBob posted:

All the skins that can be free drops are by design very plain, so if that's not an issue you can just rely solely on the weekly drops until you fill out your inventory.

No cases can be unlocked without paying money in some fashion; you either buy the keys to unlock them or you pay extra upfront with souvenirs or the Anubis case.

The thing about CS skins compared to other poo poo is there's always a way to get at least some, if not all, of your money back.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

the main thing stopping me from getting free skins is im not ranking up every week to get a case to sell

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
just sell the case and buy whatever with the money. ez

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

also have you seen esports sweatlords are getting mad that getting shot throws off your aim now lmao

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

PirateBob posted:

You’ve “earned” a loot box (which you can sell for actual real human dollars or pay to open) and a cheap skin on top of that. The game costs nothing by the way.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Alright!

Slotducks posted:

Someone close to me has part of his investment portfolio consisting of about $7K worth of Cases that he bought for about 1K back a few years ago or so. I'm not certain on the timeline.

It's really bonkers. He has this one storage thing where each case in there was $80

Lmao. How do you know which cases might be good investment objects?

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

PirateBob posted:

Lmao. How do you know which cases might be good investment objects?

Certain cases eventually drop less frequently or stop dropping altogether. If there’s 10,000 cases on the market and no new ones on the way, that number is only ever going to go down. If the case has something desirable in it, the demand will stay the same while the supply only continues to drop. Prices stonk.

The “Weapon Case” was the OG case when they introduced skins and afaik stopped dropping years ago. One case is currently $100+.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

hbag posted:

also have you seen esports sweatlords are getting mad that getting shot throws off your aim now lmao

considering its the biggest of the secondary effects of armor, its kind of a big deal even outside of "esports sweatlords"

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
if you're a sweatlord you can just say so, this is a no judgement zone

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Psycho Society posted:

if you're a sweatlord you can just say so, this is a no judgement zone

I mean, Im organizing a 5v5 tournament. it goes without saying

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I was defending A site on Nuke from behind the tanks, I was trying to grenade tetris, and I massively fumbled it and the grenade bounced into squeaky and killed a T I had no idea of, then I shot the T coming from tetris. Gamesense.

where is tetris on nuke?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

PirateBob posted:

Valve invented the loot crate.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Unbound posted:

considering its the biggest of the secondary effects of armor, its kind of a big deal even outside of "esports sweatlords"

if you get loving shot in the chest it kind of goes without saying that your aim is going to be off

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

hbag posted:

if you get loving shot in the chest it kind of goes without saying that your aim is going to be off

it is making awp play very difficult and changing a fundamental part of the game. balance is tilted towards rifles right now with peekers advantage and spam tags.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
sometimes, in video games, concessions to realism are made on behalf of gameplay

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Pandaal posted:

Certain cases eventually drop less frequently or stop dropping altogether. If there’s 10,000 cases on the market and no new ones on the way, that number is only ever going to go down. If the case has something desirable in it, the demand will stay the same while the supply only continues to drop. Prices stonk.

The “Weapon Case” was the OG case when they introduced skins and afaik stopped dropping years ago. One case is currently $100+.

The only cases that never drop any more are the cases from the most recent operations and the old esports cases, so Broken Fang, Shattered Web and Riptide along with the esports 2013/2014 cases. Everything else including the OG cases has a very small chance to drop.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Famethrowa posted:

where is tetris on nuke?

I assume they mean the boxes to get on top of hut.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I'm a plebe who doesn't buy skins so I completely forget how I got the ones I had in GO because I only picked up CS again earlier this year after a decade away. I had quite a few actually!

Grimthwacker fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Oct 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Famethrowa posted:

it is making awp play very difficult and changing a fundamental part of the game. balance is tilted towards rifles right now with peekers advantage and spam tags.

personally i think its good that the oneshot hitscan gun is harder to use now