Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Am I supposed to be cheering for anyone in particular in Blind Alley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Cowslips Warren posted:

I swear I would almost rather see the nasty sex 9Cl poo poo than whatever is happening in Luann or what happened in FOOB. They're all gross but Wonderful Master, or however Brooke signed his poo poo, meant for it to be arousing, shark teeth and all, instead of whatever poo poo the other things are.

No, no you do not want to see it posted again. It's still being posted in BSS' Discord server and while I only skim it from time to time, it's somehow even more gross now that Amos and Edda have children. If the two aren't tongue-wrestling each other in front of their kids to make them learn about sexuality, then it's Amos trying to disguise his lust for his wife in the form of bedtime stories to the twins so that they'd think their mother was sexy too.

And if it's not focused on the hosed up family, Brooke keeps doing all these flashbacks to young Amos and Edda, where Edda keeps going on and on about the intricacies of getting pregnant and what it must feel like. Or Brooke does timey-wimey bullshit and grown-up Edda is creeping on young Amos, or vice-versa. Luann and FOOB are both terrible, but I never get the vibe that authorities would find some questionable content in their computers if they got raided like how I feel when it comes to 9CL.

amigolupus fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Oct 29, 2023

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
Brooke definitely draws 9CL one-handed and in the nude

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (November 25, 2001)

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Pluggers have a face for radio

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

SCARY STORIES COMICS
Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So they just casually killed someone with a wood chipper.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
They routinely just straight up eat people alive. What's your point?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pondus

(This is the season where it becomes dark really early in Norway)

Storefri

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Ok author I was losing the plot a little but now that you've added a talking stick I'm back in there.

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

1. Foobdad appears to be eating handfuls of cotton balls.
2. Buy your own candy, rear end in a top hat! You're an adult!

riderchop posted:

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

I wish there was a local pickle place close to me. Always fun when you get homemade foods nier where you live.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Oct 29, 2023

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Green Intern posted:

Ok author I was losing the plot a little but now that you've added a talking stick I'm back in there.

Yeah that's some rather poor speech balloon placement

Prince Valiant

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

The joke is that people have a different taste.

Mandrake

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 10/28/03

Brenda Starr 12/20-22/51

Smokey Stover 9/1/57

Everyday Movies 11/28/36

"Now listen, sweetie, when the game starts don't keep hollering at me and calling me 'snookums.'"

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 6/18-20/42

I have questions.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

well you can't blueball them after all that

boomers spent their entire lives producing & supporting media that paints an utterly wretched picture of marriage and the nuclear family, and now they wonder why those things aren't as popular

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Selachian posted:

I have questions.

Questions? Well let me blab all my secrets to you minutes after someone tried to steal them away from me.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Bonus Foob from the waffleimages thread

lol

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Peanuts (October 31, 1976)

Crankshaft

Last week's installment of "The Curse of Tangaroa!" was apparently the end of the line for Rip Haywire on Sundays, so onwards to Thimble Theater (June 2, 1940)

Popeye

Skippy's Own Book of Comics

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 29, 2023

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Selachian posted:

Dahir Insaat is older than I thought.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "350 - Jucika Prepares For A Test"

"351 - Jucika And The Crime Fiction Novel"

So that's five weeks of severely limited action, anemic fighting and a finale that resolves itself with literally no input from the heroes and a heavy helping of self-deprecating emotional humor. I get the feeling Randy loving hates Popeye. Or at least the idea of drawing anything more than a walking conversation. Dude has been at this for half a year and a single Thimble Theater is better than his entire run:

quote:

Thimble Theater (May 29, 1940)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Professor Wayne posted:

Hagar the Horrible

Shakespeare won't even be born for a minimum of 500 years.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That's why Hagar and Helga are so confused

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

"In case you forgot, I'm a funny character that everyone remembers!"

Apparently Comics Kingdom has a youtube channel, and there was once a Hägar the Horrible animated special/failed pilot. It's weak poo poo, but there are a handful of decent gags and it looks right, so it's fun to watch the pictures move, at least. Voices are all wrong though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl796YyyGts

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

god drat it.

Lemme Peep That Taco Truck

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Professor Wayne posted:

Hagar the Horrible

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

Unbothered. Moisturized. In my lane. Focused. Flourishing.

Also, this has me wondering if the Sundays accidentally got launched a week out of phase with the dailies, since this one seems to flow directly into last Monday's strip. Or is this more like the Mary Worth weekly recap thing?

FoxTrot

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I hope Luann ends like CAD did back in the day, with a sudden time travel Terminator rip-off ending with Gunther saving the world by heroically sacrificing himself by getting trapped in a time vortex.

For some reason I often think of Luann as a more tepid CAD, without cussing and monkey cheese random, but the writing quality is about the same.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Gunther died on the way back to his home planet

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

drat, that's a fine zombie.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

:hmmyes:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

And you're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone it, people like you.

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

AGAIN YOU ARE DOING WHAT IS WRONG

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Flash Gordon

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Adventures in Higher Mathematics 9/13-15/51

Archie 9/29-31/48

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

There are no native armadillos in California. Nu Mark Trail is driving my inner pedant insane.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm glad to see that Old Man Murphy was able to find a comfortable job after reuniting with his son.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

One of the one-star reviews I looked at in researching this comic took a swipe at the author’s habit of name-dropping “famous people from the 80’s” she’s met, and TBH I kind of feel it.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Weembles posted:

There are no native armadillos in California. Nu Mark Trail is driving my inner pedant insane.

Also, Anteaters are far more closely related to sloths than armadillos. Their related, but I wouldn't say 'closely' related.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

Unless that little explosion graphic is supposed to be contact, the umpire hosed up BIG here. That's not a force play (only way to get a force at the plate is if the bases are loaded), so the catcher needs to get a tag down to get that out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I absolutely love the second to last panel. The entire restaurant turning to watch him yell his MRA slogan, perfect.