Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Lib and let die posted:

The hole in the middle of your pasta spoon = some completely arbitrary poo poo that means nothing

Nah man just make one (1) lb of pasta (dry weight) per person and melt one (1) stick of butter into each serving mixed into the sauce and then cut up three hot dogs on top and add ketchup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

freeedr posted:

Nah man just make one (1) lb of pasta (dry weight) per person and melt one (1) stick of butter into each serving mixed into the sauce and then cut up three hot dogs on top and add ketchup

This is one of the most offensively anti-Italian things I've ever read.

It's wonderful.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

freeedr posted:

Mama mia

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

freeedr posted:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I can't hate on spaghetti with hot dogs though, it's functionally no different from spaghetti and sausage

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Angry Salami posted:

And yet Keanu Reeves still walks among us.

lol

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Lib and let die posted:

I can't hate on spaghetti with hot dogs though, it's functionally no different from spaghetti and sausage

Any dish Europeans make with sausage will get hot dogs substituted by poorer folks.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Lib and let die posted:

todd barry energy

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
I haven’t followed Keanu Reeves’ career closely, but I do remember seeing him in a film adaptation of Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing, and there is no way that casting decision wasn’t a joke.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Y’all can’t keep arguing about Keanu forever. Eventually Somethings Gotta Give.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Grassy Knowles posted:

Gangs of NY, by Martin Scorsese, lionizes a guy who is a stand-in for this xenophobe.

quote:

These firefighting groups were closely tied with street gangs, and were seen as a public service provided by those groups. Throughout the years there was an ongoing rivalry between gangs; over who would be the one to extinguish the fire. There began a common strategy that the Bowery Boys utilized to ensure that other fire engine companies could not put out the fires. Being that upon hearing the alarm sound a member of the Bowery Boys would find the nearest fire hydrant. He would then proceed to flip over an empty barrel upon the hydrant. In doing so it could not be seen or used. The Bowery Boys would sit on the barrel until his own fire engine arrived. Fights over the hydrants would break out, and often the Bowery Boys had no time to actually extinguish the fire.

lol Jesus the 19th century was stupid

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What's more hosed-up is that old New York was once New Amsterdam.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Can't have forane firefighters putting their Papist hands on Good American Fires.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Paladinus posted:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

My favorite part is all these brutal paramilitary street gangs with names like the Top O' The Morning Lads. A tradition kept up by both sides in Northern Ireland until very recently

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Paladinus posted:

Why'd they change it?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Phlegmish posted:

lol Jesus the 19th century was stupid

similar dumb poo poo happened in feudal Japan.

quote:

Firefighters, Parikh explained, occupied a unique position in Japanese culture during the Edo period — both a hero and anti-hero role. “They were seen by the urban population as courageous latter day Samurai but also feared because of their rebellious bravado — while they took on a de facto law enforcement role, they were very rebellious.”

Fights often broke out between brigades over territory, what fire fell under which group’s jurisdiction and the resulting reward from the municipalities. “They would mark a fire with large standards called matoi marked with the brigade’s insignia to show which brigade was combating a fire.”
https://www.worcestermag.com/story/lifestyle/2021/12/20/worcester-art-museum-woodblock-exhibit-eye-firefighters-feudal-japan/8945131002/

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

1stGear posted:

Why'd they change it?

That's nobody's business but the yanks'.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

1stGear posted:

Why'd they change it?

I can't say. People just liked it better that way. :shrug:

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

freeedr posted:

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

:hmmyes:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Grassy Knowles posted:

Y’all can’t keep arguing about Keanu forever. Eventually Somethings Gotta Give.

wtf ever I can do this all day, for me it’s like A Walk In the Clouds

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Entering the :siren:Sonic Zone:siren:

Leaving the :siren:Sonic Zone:siren:... for now.

Air fryers are legit tho :chef:

mind the walrus posted:

Hey meme thread, have some memes:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

shoulda been Burger King

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I once went down a hole on Youtube watching videos that educate your rear end about Kabuki. I watched this one Kabuki play (?) about a group of sumo wrestlers and firefighters whipping each other's asses and it was one of the dopest things I'd ever seen.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Basticle posted:

shoulda been Burger King

https://i.imgur.com/iCsWha8.mp4

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

:lmao:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I liked Matthew Perry film The Whole Nine Yards. It even had tiddies in it.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Hyperlynx posted:

I liked Matthew Perry film The Whole Nine Yards. It even had tiddies in it.

I don't know, Matthew Perry's tiddies don't sound that amazing.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

I don't know, Matthew Perry's tiddies don't sound that amazing.

They obviously weren't adequately buoyant for obvious reasons.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
matthew buried

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

For whom the bell bings

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I used to collect the ones you'd get from Hardee's as a kid - brb taking some ibuprofen for my back.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Older

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Unperson_47 posted:

I once went down a hole on Youtube watching videos that educate your rear end about Kabuki. I watched this one Kabuki play (?) about a group of sumo wrestlers and firefighters whipping each other's asses and it was one of the dopest things I'd ever seen.

The most niche but crazy cool thing I've ever done, my mom took me to a Kabuki retelling of the opening of the Iliad and one of the leading living masters at the time performed as Briseis and took us through his entire makeup routine before the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

I loved them in the Claymation Christmas Special.