Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

an iksar marauder posted:

looks like it's time to spin up the ol' barbarian again

I’ve tried it like 3 times now

Never had anything that clicked for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

McCoy Pauley posted:

I'm interested in trying out the Ball Lightning sorcerer, but through level 50 with a chain lightning sorc, I've seen the Gravitational Aspect drop exactly once. It's a decent roll, and I have the extracted aspect saved, but I'm hesitant to use it given how I haven't found another one.

Is that aspect rare enough that I should save it until I find a really good amulet to put it on? And is it not worth even trying the Ball Lightning build without that aspect?

When it's a build enabling aspect (especially that one) just slap it on any decent amulet asap and let it carry you until you find another later. One item's stats are irrelevant until the very endgame and as a balls sorcerer you can faceroll any content anyway.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.

euphronius posted:

I’ve tried it like 3 times now

Never had anything that clicked for me

kratos barb looks fun

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I'm currently playing double swing berserker atm, no particular build off the net or anything, it just seemed to work well with the affixes I've been getting.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m almost done with this pulverize Druid build

Then I’ll try barba again

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Lol yeah maxroll adjusted their tier lists and Barbarian is their top class now

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
first time fighting lillith since preseason, and holy poo poo they made that fight a bit of a joke. I'm not even using a meta build & still phased her through all her mechanics.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

queeb posted:

Lol yeah maxroll adjusted their tier lists and Barbarian is their top class now

is that just because they arent capable of dying

lol stacking damage reduction while injured now just feels like a cheat code

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 29, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

half the builds are s tier now hahah

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Verviticus posted:

is that just because they arent capable of dying

it's because you can do literally a billion damage in a single swing and also cannot die and also have one of the best clear speeds in the game due to easily hitting 200 ms

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Tonetta posted:

it's because you can do literally a billion damage in a single swing and also cannot die and also have one of the best clear speeds in the game due to easily hitting 200 ms

oh is that death blow build

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Name Change posted:

I would like to report that it's very possible this season to make an endgame one-button build using the basic attack vampire options and basic attack items, at least on sorcerer. Vampiretides and boss runs also make it VERY easy to farm gear for this or anything else you'd care to do.

My sorcerer holds down the Spark button to murder. I can post the build later if anyone's interested.

i'm very interested because I love gimmick builds!

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

i will say that apropos of the convo in the last page, i do think this game is too easy now

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Verviticus posted:

oh is that death blow build

Actually Hota surprisingly, the death blow build was "only" 500 mil ish

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Reporting back after obtaining some standard aspects: blood lance overpower is a lot of fun!

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

queeb posted:

Actually Hota surprisingly, the death blow build was "only" 500 mil ish

overpower seems cool but i havent stockpiled any gear with it so i guess i gotta blood harvest

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

I went through an odd patch with gear last night and ended up solving my squish issues by rolling some good %armor values and went from there.

I didn't pay attention to resistances since cyclone armor exists.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I might try a rend barb again

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Soonmot posted:

i'm very interested because I love gimmick builds!

https://d4armory.io/?account=815049&hero=eb557320-6d6e-11ee-a6de-fd4573179684

https://lothrik.github.io/diablo4-b...O6OY9gNQAigC+QA

On this one I currently have frost nova and the lightning ult on so I can delete bosses faster, but it's not strictly necessary if you don't want to leave single-click gimmick.

Really the only items necessary are:

+% basic attack on staff
+% damage based on primary resource remaining
Basic skills grant damage reduction
Increased armor when you deal any damage (very easy to get max stacks on Spark)

And the big enchants are frost bolt (to apply chill and therefore damage) and Fireball (to wave clear). No need to have these on bar.

Other notes:

- Temerity pants are OP with vampire powers, this is 100% barrier uptime relative to your health
- This doesn't use any mana so it's easy to sit on all or most of the passive skills
- You can almost always stand in place, so the item that gives %damage while you are standing still is actually good
- You don't really proc vuln, everyone else does though

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Name Change posted:

https://d4armory.io/?account=815049&hero=eb557320-6d6e-11ee-a6de-fd4573179684

https://lothrik.github.io/diablo4-b...O6OY9gNQAigC+QA

On this one I currently have frost nova and the lightning ult on so I can delete bosses faster, but it's not strictly necessary if you don't want to leave single-click gimmick.

Really the only items necessary are:

+% basic attack on staff
+% damage based on primary resource remaining
Basic skills grant damage reduction
Increased armor when you deal any damage (very easy to get max stacks on Spark)

And the big enchants are frost bolt (to apply chill and therefore damage) and Fireball (to wave clear). No need to have these on bar.

Other notes:

- Temerity pants are OP with vampire powers, this is 100% barrier uptime relative to your health
- This doesn't use any mana so it's easy to sit on all or most of the passive skills
- You can almost always stand in place, so the item that gives %damage while you are standing still is actually good
- You don't really proc vuln, everyone else does though

Edit: What did you do for paragon boards, or am I not reading the other link correctly?

Oh neat! I didn't know about this site, now everyone can look at ho bad my gear is:

https://d4armory.io/?account=307270530&hero=daa4f990-6d20-11ee-badc-dda5c7969eff

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 29, 2023

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

barb still sucks rear end to level though, i know that much, big oof

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Soonmot posted:

Edit: What did you do for paragon boards, or am I not reading the other link correctly?

Oh neat! I didn't know about this site, now everyone can look at ho bad my gear is:

https://d4armory.io/?account=307270530&hero=daa4f990-6d20-11ee-badc-dda5c7969eff

The enchantment board, the conjuration board only for Swift Conjurer, the Icefall board for +damage to chilled, and the Ceaseless Conduit board for Galvanic Catalyst.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

DeadlyHalibut posted:

When it's a build enabling aspect (especially that one) just slap it on any decent amulet asap and let it carry you until you find another later. One item's stats are irrelevant until the very endgame and as a balls sorcerer you can faceroll any content anyway.

Nice -- thank you. I just hit WT3, so I guess the first decent looking amulet I find I'll put it on there

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

McCoy Pauley posted:

Nice -- thank you. I just hit WT3, so I guess the first decent looking amulet I find I'll put it on there

Ball Lightning aspect has been pretty common in my experience anyways. Maybe its just me and RNG is gonna RNG, but I've scrapped dozens of them so far this season.

Now if I could just find a high level Glacial aspect. Been stuck on a crappy one for ages now.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I've only seen 2 gravitational aspects with my level 55 sorc so it's defintely RNG

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah I’ve had a total of 2 gravitational aspect drop so far (lvl 64). That said, once you get your first one slapped on an amulet the build takes off and you will breeze through poo poo. It’s wild how fun this is. Haven’t switched to a no generator build yet since I’m short a couple of uniques but this poo poo owns. Sorc is finally fun.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Arguably what’s the fastest way to level when you get to 90? Just push highest NMD you can while still speed clearing or farming blood harvests.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
how does barb suck to level, you go fast and you just spam death blow?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

m.hache posted:

Arguably what’s the fastest way to level when you get to 90? Just push highest NMD you can while still speed clearing or farming blood harvests.

NMD are still the thing where you can speed clear 10+ levels above you, so that hasn't changed. Break for world bosses and helltides, etc.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

there is a large group of arpg players who consider anything less than "the entire screen dies" to be agonizingly slow

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

American McGay posted:

Did they actually reduce the soul breakdown percentage or is that just confirmation bias?

They did, it's in the 1.2 patch notes

quote:

- The acquisition rate of Forgotten souls from Salvaging has been adjusted.
- Salvaging a Sacred item has a 5% chance to grant a Forgotten Soul.
- Salvaging an Ancestral item has a 10% chance to grant a Forgotten Soul.
- Two-handed Weapons can grant up to 2 Forgotten Souls from salvage, all other equipment types can grant 1.

Developer’s Note: Forgotten souls became much easier to get in Season of the Malignant. Helltide was designed to be the primary source of Forgotten Souls, but being able to acquire them through other means disincentivized players from playing Helltide. We want to encourage players to participate in Helltide more, but do not want to completely shut down alternative sources of Forgotten Souls. So, we have broadened the types of items that can grant Forgotten Souls when salvaged but decreased the drop rate. Previously, only weapons could provide them when salvaged but it was a guarantee.

Tarnop fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Oct 30, 2023

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

I’m running a very similar build and the problem is basically taking care of stragglers in a large mob. Ball sorc can hit a button and wipe out the entire screen of minor dudes. As a barb though I can oneshot the center of the mob, but then all my poo poo is on cooldown and it takes a few hits to trigger the overpower, and until then I am doing poo poo single target damage only. So if I don’t aim my big 1bil dmg shot right to clear the whole mob, i must spend 4 seconds basically plonking dudes with pillows.

That slows levelling down a lot, by making dungeon clearing slower, ’clear all monsters fast’ events harder, etc.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Bisse posted:

I’m running a very similar build and the problem is basically taking care of stragglers in a large mob. Ball sorc can hit a button and wipe out the entire screen of minor dudes. As a barb though I can oneshot the center of the mob, but then all my poo poo is on cooldown and it takes a few hits to trigger the overpower, and until then I am doing poo poo single target damage only. So if I don’t aim my big 1bil dmg shot right to clear the whole mob, i must spend 4 seconds basically plonking dudes with pillows.

That slows levelling down a lot, by making dungeon clearing slower, ’clear all monsters fast’ events harder, etc.

I feel like this is a problem with a lot of different builds I try out in this game. Just spending a lot of time plonking dudes and waiting to do the fun stuff.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Who is the freckled little freak who decided helltides should have hours of downtime in between them?

Also WTF do I actually do in helltides? I don’t see any whispers to do, all the tortured gifts are boring and suck poo poo, the events are just the same old overworld events. I feel like i’m just running around aimlessly killing whatever pops up. Is that really all there is too it?

I get whiplash damage every time I go from superawesomefun vamptides to these hell-snores. I hope i’m doing something wrong cause these things suck really hard so far.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’ve been getting 600 or so helltide currency / 30 mins just running around and doing events

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
yes they suck, but you’re doing it right if you just go event to event, killing in between. get your living steel chests and then gtfo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My goal is a living chest, a mystery chest and an ring or amu chest. Usually takes 30mins or so

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
figure out a route between events, just loop that killing things and opening any tortured souls or w/e and fiend roses otw

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
Quench your thirst for annihilating Lilith’s legions by partaking in a Mountain Dew scavenger hunt. Attendees will need to locate cans of Mountain Dew touched by Lilith’s hatred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Verviticus posted:

i will say that apropos of the convo in the last page, i do think this game is too easy now

same tbh. the barber last season got me thinking that too. if, while leveling, i can off-screen clear end game leveled mobs with leveling yellows, idk doesn’t seem like there’s much to chase