Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
that's what Chamberlain said

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

oh poo poo

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
welp

sell sell sell!!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Oh gently caress

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

RIPeroni, been fun everyone

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

God drat it

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Time to say bye to your loved ones

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Was a pleasure posting with you goons.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

OhFunny posted:

Was a pleasure posting with you goons.

what if jim cramer said "who must go"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNWBsWihYjM

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

Trabisnikof posted:

Also there were better system incentives to be cunning, smart, or even just self-preserving. But those incentives are no more. It matters little if you’re cunning or smart, only if you’re already wealthy. So we get fewer cunning elites because they don’t need to be cunning.

Then incentives to be cruel and dehumanizing however remains.

I think this is spot on. The American ruling classes really have become unspeakably stupid and ossified after a couple generations of ruling the world unopposed. This is particularly evident in regards to domestic policy. When you think about it, can you name a single fucker in both houses of congress who could actually design or even plan a modern public transit system? We can’t even get a loving train built connecting San Francisco and Los Angeles, and that’s in just ONE loving STATE. You don’t even need to understand basic infrastructure or engineering or any kind of craft and profession to get elected in America, and it’s been that way for 50+ years. At least politicians back in the New Deal era knew how to build poo poo and understood the importance of public sanitation and disease control, much less give a poo poo.

The only thing you need to know how to do as a politician in America is lie. And it looks like the Israeli status quo is more important to the American ruling classes anyway given how they’re all salivating over literally criminalizing milquetoast critiques of genocide instead of doing literally anything for the American population. Just lol.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the middle east summit attended by
(top row) global finance,
(second row) global industry,

hamburglar, representing burger interests in banking and trade
abbadon rothschild and his demon, representing european burger interests
prince bootlickah al cuckold, representing burger interests in the middle east
the ingurgitater and the holy offerings of the globe, the burger and the bomb, representing the vital spirit of burger
prime minister crying baby hitler, representing burger interests in the other part of the middle east
president cheese burger, your president, representing your burger interests
the antichrist
prime minister supplicant chan, representing burger interests in the far east
vice president chicken head, no one invited him, no one wants him here, but he's so insignificant no one can be bothered to tell him to leave

front row, the presidential hogs, greed and gluttony, representing themselves

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM-e46xdcUo

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
on the other hand i hope the stuff about a Filipino FA-50PH defeating an F-22 kill at the Cope Thunder joint exercise is not fake

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Lol it's literally called Cope

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lol it's literally called Cope

lol yeah

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/starsandstripes/status/1718969751240614177?s=20

quote:

Forty is the new 30 when it comes to the Air Force and Space Force.

Men and women as old as 42 can now pack their boots and bifocals for basic training, under a policy change that gives the two services the highest age limit for recruits of all the military branches except the Coast Guard.

The previous maximum age for Air Force recruits was 39, a change authorized in 2014, when the service raised its enlisted accessions age limit from 27.

Raising the cutoff by three years aligns the Air Force and the Space Force with the maximum enlistment age allowed by the Pentagon. It also comes amid a recruitment crunch.

The Air Force announced last month that it will miss its active-duty recruiting goal by about 10%, its first recruitment shortfall since 1999. The service fell about 2,700 applicants short of its fiscal year 2023 goal of 26,877.

An Air Force memo dated Tuesday that was posted on the service’s website outlines the policy change for both officers and enlisted members.

Comments posted Thursday on the Reddit Air Force channel poked fun at the idea of “middle-aged” recruits.

“42?! Dudes will be enlisting at the age I’m eligible for retirement!” said one comment.

“Just in time for the mid life crisis Dodge Challenger!” said another.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

have they tried eliminating the asvab

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Allowing older recruits in the chair force actually seems like a reasonable thing to do. I would wonder about the type of person that would join at that age, however.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

cat botherer posted:

Allowing older recruits in the chair force actually seems like a reasonable thing to do. I would wonder about the type of person that would join at that age, however.

Powerfully divorced.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Gripweed posted:

Powerfully divorced.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

cat botherer posted:

i think it's probably the same as recruits of any age: stupid assholes

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

an 18 year old saying they want to murder poor people for money vs. a 42 year old who wants to murder poor people for money

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
no poor people in space yet

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/axios/status/1718978834094232035?s=20

quote:

The U.S. military is bulk buying Japanese seafood to help offset China's import ban of the products after Japan began releasing treated radioactive water from the Fukushima nuclear power plant in August.

Details: The seafood bought by the U.S. military will be used to feed soldiers in military facilities and sold in shops and restaurants on military bases, Emanuel said.

The first purchase was about a metric ton of scallops, a fraction of the 100,000 tons of scallops China imported from Japan last year, per Reuters.
The purchases will gradually grow to include all kinds of seafood, Emanuel told Reuters.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Is that better or worse compared to Japan having to buy rice from US and then just feeding it to animals.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Cuttlefush posted:

no poor people in space yet

no but space force was trying to get the icbm command a few years ago

anyway here's a little passage i found amusing:

quote:

The Space Force today hosts ICBM tests at Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif., where its launch range works with Air Force Global Strike Command to send missiles into the Pacific Ocean.

take that, you lousy ocean!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

OK I know we were just mocking the people who would join the air force at an older age but the prospect of all you can eat government subsidized seafood is very tempting to me.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I can't get a waiver to re-up under the colours and yet they're signing stupid assholes, smh.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

OK I know we were just mocking the people who would join the air force at an older age but the prospect of all you can eat government subsidized seafood is very tempting to me.

it's radioactive

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
so are bananas

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
yep and that's why i won't eat fruit or veg

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Frosted Flake posted:

I can't get a waiver to re-up under the colours and yet they're signing stupid assholes, smh.

https://twitter.com/Ned_Donovan/status/1717795116188901852?t=qSf7Unlhv7_AfehfAy8xzw&s=19

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Don't threaten me with a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

fits my needs posted:

The first purchase was about a metric ton of scallops, a fraction of the 100,000 tons of scallops China imported from Japan last year, per Reuters.
The purchases will gradually grow to include all kinds of seafood, Emanuel told Reuters.

lol imagine their favorite anglo master paying anything close to the unit price of what china used to pay, let alone the quantity