Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lions' first NFCN championship ever and it's gonna be clinched by like week 10 :rubby:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

why do you tear other ligaments but rupture your achilles. anyway sorry Vikings fans

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Some postgame quotes from Green Bay:

COACHING

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

epic bacon posted:

why do you tear other ligaments but rupture your achilles. anyway sorry Vikings fans

It’s dependent on the force that’s put on the tendon. Your Achilles tendon is so pivotal in running, and any sort of pushing off maneuver, which a quarterback is going to be using constantly under high loads, that there’s a higher chance for it to tear completely / rupture than say your rotator cuff which is also used a lot, but has less force in that movement. Your Achilles also has high baseline tensile strength, think of it as a steel cable that snaps under too much pressure.

Fake Edit: Lions NFC champion here we come

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

oshuaj posted:

If Kirk really is done then let the Lions have the division. Packers, Bears and Vikings are in a tank battle for the next 10 weeks.

I really had no concerns about them, but now the table is set for peak lions.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Teddy Bridgewater for Danielle Hunter and... I dunno someone else we could use. :chord:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Vikings have a surprisingly great O-line, a pair of amazing receivers, a solid TE, and an average defense. That might be attractive to some QB out there.

Call Tom.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
Even if it were playing out exactly the same way, I'd feel so much better about this season if Barry had been fired last offseason. At least it would've shown LaFleur is capable of realizing that something isn't working and changing it.

Also, Love seemed generally fine today? The receivers really need to figure out how to fight for a ball though.

SirPablo posted:

Vikings have a surprisingly great O-line, a pair of amazing receivers, a solid TE, and an average defense. That might be attractive to some QB out there.

Call Tom.

It is shocking to me that I haven't heard about more teams knocking down the Commanders' door for Jacoby Brissett.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh the packers lost?

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Abugadu posted:

This division is drat dire. 7-10 will be enough to win it.

Watch Jarren Hall ball out and take the Vikings out of a high draft position, lol.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

That went about as expected, the offense show some life and Love was ok except for a few missed throws. I still just see complementary receivers and not a true #1. MLF's handling of personnel is baffling. Why do they keep suiting up Jones if they're not going to give him the ball?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
I imagine this is what Mahomes would have looked like on the Bears. Ints, fumbles, and running for his life.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Oh no! The Packers fixed the Broncos! :ohdear:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Where the guy being smug about how the lions will lose to the cowboys? I’m sure his team played today. How they doing?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i believe that guy's team is the lions. the cowboys won a blowout. don't really know what's going on

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Yeah, I don’t think he was a lions fan

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Still not buying that Detroit will win the division until maybe a week after they've already clinched it, I've seen this song and dance before. Time for Bagnet to tap into the Crossfit equivalent of the Speed Force and rip our hearts out.

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Where the guy being smug about how the lions will lose to the cowboys? I’m sure his team played today. How they doing?

Nah they play tomorrow lol

Check my post history ITT. We're on the same side!

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I honestly didn’t remember who said it, so I apologize for not actually going back the four or five pages to check. I just figured it was a packers fan doing a drive by making GBS threads.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that makes sense. let's loving kill the packers

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Cavauro posted:

that makes sense. let's loving kill the packers

:hmmyes:

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
at this point that's like pushing a guy who's jumping off a building

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
How are the so many 2 win teams this late in the season?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ghosthorse posted:

As you should, so their family can collect the insurance

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jesus Christ Bagent

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I am firmly a Bagliever now

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Packers dead, so what?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

ghosthorse posted:

Only way to be sure.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SirPablo posted:

Call Tom.

Do you think the Cards will trade Dobbs

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

HootTheOwl posted:

How are the so many 2 win teams this late in the season?

Asked this in the main N/V thread (though about 2-3 win teams more broadly) and the only answer I got was "defenses are playing better in the red zone, so teams have to rely on higher-variance play in order to get ahead"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SirPablo posted:

Call Tom.

This is such a stupid scenario that is is absolutely going to happen if it is at all possible.

…I assume that there are a lot of reasons that it isn’t possible, right?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Help
I’ve
Taken
Something

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Harbringer of
Injury
Touchdown Tom,
Sacked

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

This is such a stupid scenario that is is absolutely going to happen if it is at all possible.

…I assume that there are a lot of reasons that it isn’t possible, right?

As someone who thought all offseason Tom wasn't staying retired, Tom's absolutely staying retired this year because enough QBs (including ones who were at least as healthy as him, if not healthier) have gotten significantly hurt already it's making him enjoy not taking these hits or being on these turfs more than he already was enjoying it

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

Darth Brooks posted:

Aw, dang it.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

As someone who thought all offseason Tom wasn't staying retired, Tom's absolutely staying retired this year because enough QBs (including ones who were at least as healthy as him, if not healthier) have gotten significantly hurt already it's making him enjoy not taking these hits or being on these turfs more than he already was enjoying it

While logical, he’s just a year out from a divorce so logic probably should not be used.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Help!
I
Think Jordan Love
Sucks!

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

The bears schedule has been very forgiving by making them play teams that are also very very bad. But the bears don’t give up in the face of this! They make it look very difficult to win, regardless of opponent.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Just realized we're getting Bears @ Packers in week 18 lol. That'll be a wild one.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/startkyIeorton/status/1718797947985330509

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

C-Euro posted:

Just realized we're getting Bears @ Packers in week 18 lol. That'll be a wild one.

Suck for Luck Caleb.