Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter good sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Shindragon posted:

Im gonna get beer and pizza to feel better.

I am following your lead.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

algebra testes posted:

Also the Panthers won today right so that's good for Arizona?

i think so, us and the panthers are the 2 teams with only 1 win now.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

razorscooter posted:

my home football team, the seattle football seahawks, won a close game and made a bunch of passes, so it was a good game if you ask me

Disgusting.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Mustached Demon posted:

Disgustingly awesome

FTFY

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Kinda feels alot of teams are not establishing the run anymore.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

:nixon:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

there were fun runs, too, but more importantly it was a fun to watch game, and if you had fun, you won :)

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
I definitely expected this loss going in so it wasn't too big of a surprise. Purdy has played 16 regular season (+3 postseason) games so he's right in the middle of a sophomore slump. We'll see if he can adapt to the league adapting to him and continue to improve as a player.

Nov and Dec are going to be a big challenges for him and we'll see if he's actually got the stuff to play QB in the NFL at a high level. I can't blame the defense too much today, Burrow is good and turnovers are the offense's fault. Wilk's seat is definitely getting hotter though.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Waltzing Along posted:

Bend but not break is a legitimate style if you do the other half which is get stops on 3rd down. But you can't just keep bending and bending and bending. The goal is to put the offense in the position where they have to keep converting and eventually they won't. But playing soft as coverages makes it pretty easy to convert.

But this season is done because anything other than a super bowl win is a failure. They pretty much have to go 9-0 out of the break to have a chance and that is not happening with this defense. Thanks NFL and your stupid playoff bye system which is completely broken. Team still has a legit shot at the #2 record which is meaningless now.

gosh, niners fans really are in full lostseason.txt

I'm gonna enjoy this before they wipe the floor with us twice in three weeks

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

shirts and skins posted:

We got too close to the sun after that Cowboys game, and now we’re suffering the consequence of our hubris.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Walker and Charbonnet had a good combined game of run establishment that allowed Geno to thrive. I'd call that a success.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Tua had a similar slump last year after his concussions. I wonder if Purdy is going thru the same thing. these QB’s brains are fragile

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I am NOT lostseason.txt and in fact am predicting the Thanksgiving turnaround, but they have been very annoying these last three weeks.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

epic bacon posted:

Tua had a similar slump last year after his concussions. I wonder if Purdy is going thru the same thing. these QB’s brains are fragile

I think so. He looked really good up until a run where he got hit pretty hard. Didn't hit his head but after a concussion it doesn't matter as much. He threw two straight interceptions right after the hit and then fumbled later. Last week was night and day after the concussion. The week before he just couldn't throw a spiral due to the wet ball. Still led them to a game losing FG attempt.

I am not worried about Purdy. I'm more worried that Kyle won't do the needful and can his POS defensive coordinator. I think he was partly hired because they were hoping to get comp picks again. Not because he was right for the job. Especially when Fangio was out there and I don't believe they even kicked that tire.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

epic bacon posted:

He took a good bonk on the ground today too.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Shindragon posted:

I think like burrow barely had any incompletions that game. If you cant pressure a qb or cover well enough they will burn you every time. Wilks needs to stop these soft rear end coverage, praying the defense line gets to the QB first.

28/32, 283, more TDs than I like to think about.

Coldforge posted:

We got too close to the sun after that Cowboys game, and now we’re suffering the consequence of our hubris.

As good an explanation as anyone on the outside of the organization can come up with.

After that bonk on the head when he went down I wanted them to pull Purdy. Hell, maybe don't push his luck with his brain and start Darnold. Young QBs are getting treated like cheap meat in the NFL these days and it's disgusting.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

seiferguy posted:

Walker and Charbonnet had a good combined game of run establishment that allowed Geno to thrive. I'd call that a success.

We've definitely gotta do this more. It feels like we suffered a lot offensively because we got away from it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mustached Demon posted:

He took a good bonk on the ground today too.

Bonk and then grabbed his head... dudes brain is shook up.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

shirts and skins posted:

DK gonna have a field day cuz our corners are poo poo

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Nervous posted:

Purdy good news for the Niners :(

Turned out to be Purdy bad news for the Niners :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Regardless of Purdy's play and the bad defensive playcalling, I also continue to see way too many missed tackles, including by normally reliable superhumans such as fred warner.

Hufanga's an exception. 8 tackles and 2 assists. Ask why the safety is getting so goddamn many tackles, it's because the opponent's offense is consistently getting past the linemen and linebackers and deep into the secondary.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

algebra testes posted:

The Hawks are probably Paper Tigers but who cares leading the Division baby woo!

Seattle is a mediocre team catching some good variance.

I myself look forward to another classic Seahawks season of making the playoffs then immediately losing the wild card.

I also look forward to losing more games in the back half of the season to really stifle any hype. Seahawks have lost more in the second half of the season compared to the first half of the season in; 2022, 2020, 2019, 2017. Note that 2021 and 2018 had the same amount of losses in the back half as the front half.

At this rate Seattle is going to do well enough that PCJS get to come back and the draft pick is going to be high enough that the team can't draft an elite QB prospect. Mediocrity doldrums continues.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Leperflesh posted:

Regardless of Purdy's play and the bad defensive playcalling, I also continue to see way too many missed tackles, including by normally reliable superhumans such as fred warner.

This. I haven't really gotten into my stride about yelling at the defense, but the poo poo-weak tackling is a huge factor in three consecutive losses. An elite defensive squad is giving up career games. Look to the leadership.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Shindragon posted:

DK someone on the packers is gonna have a field day cuz our corners are poo poo

Fire that piece of poo poo Derion Kendrick into the sun - lovely person, and a worse DB. How he's a starter is baffling.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Oct 30, 2023

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Pungry posted:

Seahawks find a way to win yet again and will probably lead the NFC West today, but oof. Geno's really not looked good these past 3 weeks.

Only 3 Weeks?

Manoueverable posted:

We've definitely gotta do this more. It feels like we suffered a lot offensively because we got away from it.

So what you're say is the Hawks need to... establish the runs?

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Oct 30, 2023

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?
He’s better than a backup QB but not by much. The offense is really good barring Geno.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

JPrime posted:

i think so, us and the panthers are the 2 teams with only 1 win now.

Everything's coming up cardinals

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

seeing New England, Green Bay, Indianapolis, and Denver in the top 10 is all very good and funny

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

razorscooter posted:

there were fun runs, too, but more importantly it was a fun to watch game, and if you had fun, you won :)

Remember that even the Hawks WRs decided to get into the running attack for a TD... BOBO!

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Not gonna lie if the hawks lost to XFL legend PJ walker I'd definitely be writing a *lost season* screed. I love DK and he had 14 targets yesterday. Many of them were not advised targets. Geno showing he definitely is not IT these last 3 weeks, just forcing the ball to DK when he is not open. Others dudes a re porbablymopen geno get them the ball

The run was good tho. And lol the adams header

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Qwijib0 posted:

I legit think they should keep Gannon. The cards have no talent and yet give scrappy performances consistently.

This is the ideal tank scenario - everybody trying their hardest but still in a prime position to get the first overall pick.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

EmbryoSteve posted:

Not gonna lie if the hawks lost to XFL legend PJ walker I'd definitely be writing a *lost season* screed. I love DK and he had 14 targets yesterday. Many of them were not advised targets. Geno showing he definitely is not IT these last 3 weeks, just forcing the ball to DK when he is not open. Others dudes a re porbablymopen geno get them the ball

The run was good tho. And lol the adams header

I disagree, DK is supposed to be one of those receivers who is always open 1:1 regardless of how close the DB is. But he actually sucks at contested catches and didn't even try on a couple of those that looked like "bad throws" but should have been at least something he could make a play on. He just plays incredibly soft for someone with such a hard image.
Like, nobody complains about the QB "forcing the ball" to AJ Brown when he's 1:1 with a guy 6 inches shorter than him. Because he's actually open!

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
DK really is incredibly overrated, maybe the most overrated player in the whole league, and I hope a team out there is dumb enough to offer a high pick for him so the Hawks can make him someone else's problem.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Qwijib0 posted:

so is whatshisname definitely staying in school

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

if everyone on the cards is trying their hardest and they still only win one or two games all season, doesn't that suggest that getting the first overall pick mayyyy not be enough to turn them into a competitive team?

Like that's always the cloud around which the silver lining of top pick is wrapped. Lots and lots of bad teams have stayed bad after drafting first overall.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Niners just getting their bad stretch out now while missing the best tackle in the game and a very important playmaker. No I'm not nervous, why do you ask?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Leperflesh posted:

if everyone on the cards is trying their hardest and they still only win one or two games all season, doesn't that suggest that getting the first overall pick mayyyy not be enough to turn them into a competitive team?

Like that's always the cloud around which the silver lining of top pick is wrapped. Lots and lots of bad teams have stayed bad after drafting first overall.

They’re in a multi-year rebuild, being a playoff team next year probably isn’t in the Cards (ha) and that’s fine, as long as they’re improving and have a long term answer at QB.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Edit: weird double post from phone posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Shanahan seems to have an issue when star players are hurt (either they're out or on the field & dealing with something nagging), he cannot adjust to work without it. Like Purdy is clearly not 100%, and without Deebo he's just all over the place.

When everyone is good, he's on fire, but it is the NFL and you gotta adjust better for injuries.