Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Bisse posted:

I get whiplash damage every time I go from superawesomefun vamptides to these hell-snores. I hope i’m doing something wrong cause these things suck really hard so far.

They are definitely getting feedback that blood harvest is way more fun than helltides and I hope they take it on board. Better density, always available, ambushes that basically just mean mobs get delivered into your blender of death, the fun escalation of the hunt system culminating in a blood seeker fight, a central event location to get people working together. There's a lot there that's easily adaptable to helltides.

I'd enjoy the boss event a lot more if we had a loot filter though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Verviticus posted:

i will say that apropos of the convo in the last page, i do think this game is too easy now

euphronius posted:

half the builds are s tier now hahah

They definitely erred on the side of overpowered this season but it's better than it being a slog imo. That's the good thing about seasons, you can let people play whatever build is op nonsense and then rein it in next season while buffing some other stuff and using uniques and borrowed power to enable new builds or refresh old ones that fell by the wayside.

Future seasons are also unlikely to be preceded by such sweeping changes to damage and defense so I expect they'll land closer to the mark

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
events are a trap, just run across the map a bunch and try not to run over your own path within like 3 minutes. prioritize areas that have packs of mobs that explode into other mobs, simply teleporting out and teleporting back in will give you a new shard. I get around 2000-2500/helltide doing this

Tonetta fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Oct 30, 2023

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Bisse posted:

Also WTF do I actually do in helltides?

Kill stuff, open the chests with a boss attached that require 300 cinders when you find them and give living steel for summoning, look at your amount of forgotten souls, see that you got enough for a handful of rerolls or a couple of upgrades, blow your rerolls and get trash modifiers, sigh, then go back to the rest of the game.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bisse posted:

I’m running a very similar build and the problem is basically taking care of stragglers in a large mob. Ball sorc can hit a button and wipe out the entire screen of minor dudes. As a barb though I can oneshot the center of the mob, but then all my poo poo is on cooldown and it takes a few hits to trigger the overpower, and until then I am doing poo poo single target damage only. So if I don’t aim my big 1bil dmg shot right to clear the whole mob, i must spend 4 seconds basically plonking dudes with pillows.

That slows levelling down a lot, by making dungeon clearing slower, ’clear all monsters fast’ events harder, etc.
Hemomancy my friend. I was stacking Overpower to go with Death Blow and Overpower is better with more health; more health makes Hemomancy nuts. I can post more about my build that is nuking everything I look at tomorrow if people want, Barb is nuts this season.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
are nmds best source for upgrades outside of farming ubers?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

World boss for 925 weapons, vampire boss summoning event for just massive volume of loot if you have the lures for it. Otherwise yeah, NMDs are a full bag if you pick up everything. You can also push the level to get higher level gear

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
For the seasonal achievement that requires looting 6 different caches during a Helltide, does this have to be during a single Helltide event or can you spread it out over multiple events?

And when it says "different" does something like Protection count as one across all the different varieties, or would you get credit for Protection: Chests and Protection: Legs separately?

it's just super confusing because the achievement tracker shows 0/1 and that's not helpful at all.

Also I wish PVP stuff wasn't even a requisite for seasonal. I've never been able to extract without some level 100 eradicating me in seconds so it's basically a no-go until you're 100 yourself and I assume completely respecced into PVP build and gear.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
im lvl 100 now and i killed all the ice beast bosses i could make after all the nmd runs i did leveling up, i dunno maybe 8 of them

got three of the duriel summoning material, enough for 1.5 summons. pretty lame. also the mat you need 9 of per summon is a...chance to drop for finishing a NMD? cmon

also i saw One (1) umbral aspect the entire time and it's one point better than the codex version, lol

i had two shockwave aspects drop total until about level 95, also very stupid

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I just beat the campaign for the first time! That was super fun! Three things

Question 1: Regarding the campaign plot ending/epilogue wtf is Neyrelle doing and why? I was expecting a classic "lol Neyrelle was a villain the whole time" plot twist when it is revealed she leaves with the soulstone but what actually happens seems to make less sense? I know the meta reason for Neyrelle's actions is so that there is a plot for the Mephisto expansion. But what is the in-game justification for her actions?

Question 2: Why the heck did Lorath go 0 to 60 with killing Iosef outside of the desert chapel? Yeah the cathedral had orders to arrest us, but drat Lorath escalated quick

Reaction 1:I thought Lilith's graphics in phase 2 of her fight was awesome. What a nice touch and connection to Mephisto :)

I quite enjoyed this campaign!

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 30, 2023

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Hemomancy my friend. I was stacking Overpower to go with Death Blow and Overpower is better with more health; more health makes Hemomancy nuts. I can post more about my build that is nuking everything I look at tomorrow if people want, Barb is nuts this season.

post it!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I never paid really close attention, but I assume that the higher level NMD that you complete, the more XP you get to upgrade the glyphs?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

obi_ant posted:

I never paid really close attention, but I assume that the higher level NMD that you complete, the more XP you get to upgrade the glyphs?

yes

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Question 1: Regarding the campaign plot ending/epilogue wtf is Neyrelle doing and why? I was expecting a classic "lol Neyrelle was a villain the whole time" plot twist when it is revealed she leaves with the soulstone but what actually happens seems to make less sense? I know the meta reason for Neyrelle's actions is so that there is a plot for the Mephisto expansion. But what is the in-game justification for her actions?

I think that has been discussed a lot much earlier in the thread. My personal opinion: incredibly lazy writing

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Question 2: Why the heck did Lorath go 0 to 60 with killing Iosef outside of the desert chapel? Yeah the cathedral had orders to arrest us, but drat Lorath escalated quick

1 - a combination of "room for expansions" + "oh gently caress we forgot about anything that didn't have Lilith". In-game it's very vague, with the handwave of ~~**SOULSTONES**~~

2 - Lorath is a very angry man who has gained the taste for blood. That and probably some PTSD from being in the Horadrim most of his life

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Tarnop posted:

vampire boss summoning event for just massive volume of loot if you have the lures for it.
Just raising this a bit in case anyone had missed it. What you do is gather 2-3 people at the summon pedestals to kill things fast so you can stoke the fire quickly. What happens is the game throws everything it’s got at you for several minutes, you’re standing in the middle of a blender and meat is coming in from every direction, after that there is a neverending parade of elites. I go into the thing with empty inventory and usually have to leave a few rares on the ground because i’m full, I also get a Unique drop about every other time at lvl76. It is the best thing in any Diablo game ever, don’t miss out.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Re: game too easy, IDK yet about a maxed out lvl100 char, but it seems like you choose the difficulty yourself based on which level of NMDs you run and when you tackle certain dungeons? I tackled the Elias capstone dungeon at lvl55 which was doable but very, very hard and I had to respec my whole build. Currently I can sorta breeze through NMD32 but NMD40+ would probably be hard.

Outside of that, yes the game is very easy at lvl70+, but I honestly am having mountains of fun just mowing down mobs and watching my damage numbers push through the stratosphere. I deeply enjoy FromSoft two phase bosses that oneshot you, but apparently I also shamelessly enjoy killing 10k enemies/h and making numbers go big.

Also Hardcore exists, but i’m worried of dying to a lag spike, otherwise I would give it a shot.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Oct 30, 2023

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Jelly posted:

For the seasonal achievement that requires looting 6 different caches during a Helltide, does this have to be during a single Helltide event or can you spread it out over multiple events?

There is a goal to open 10 different caches during a single helltide. You need to open all of them in the same helltide. It means you need to open all "regular" chests, the ones that cost, 75, 125 and 150 and probably 1-2 mysterious caches. It is not hard but it requires you to really go for it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Base damage also scales hemomancy

Like “damage as were bear”

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bisse posted:

I feel like i’m just running around aimlessly killing whatever pops up. Is that really all there is too it?

I get what you mean specifically for helltides since their loop could be a little better but aimlessly killing whatever pops up is literally all we do everywhere in this game lol. Honestly the vampire zones are starting to annoy me because the some objectives are garbage (rescue survivors) or annoying to find (vampire shrines). The kill crimson and mages objective and the kill 150 of trash are much better. The siphon genuinely slaps and is my favorite addition to random overworld stuff.

Helltides need their rewards increased or tuned so the drops are all mostly good if they’re going to insist on you losing cinders on death. That and losing then when the ride ends. And the hour or so gap between tides also sucks.

Ok helltides are kinda bad.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Question 2: Why the heck did Lorath go 0 to 60 with killing Iosef outside of the desert chapel? Yeah the cathedral had orders to arrest us, but drat Lorath escalated quick[/spoiler]

Reaction 1:I thought Lilith's graphics in phase 2 of her fight was awesome. What a nice touch and connection to Mephisto :)[/spoiler]

I quite enjoyed this campaign!

no telling how much influence mephisto has had on ppl so far, horadrim just bury soulstones and build cities over them anyway so maybe its time to try something new liking running away but also yes sloppy writing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think the whole idea was that Mephisto was already starting to influence people, as evidenced by Iosef suddenly turning against you in the epilogue and Lorath turning to the camera to say "wow I guess there is so much HATE in the world these days." It's typical Diablo style "the villains are always one step ahead of you" except not in an iconic "I am not the archangel Tyrael" way.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I half expected Lorath and Donan to have a go at each other because they hinted at it, being in the primal throne room of pure hate and all with two guys with lingering resentment and grief issues.

It isn't entirely satisfying but there's nothing asspull about the ending. Mephisto never breaks keyfabe at the end because he is a Prime Evil, truly immortal and has done this song and dance before. It is amusing to him that we thought this soulstone would contain him when the entire storyline has people giving into rabid seething hatred just from speaking to his daughter face to face. One corruption by proximity and some words to a child from one of the elders of the seven Satans and he gets what he wants no sweat.

We tried to make the most of a lose/lose scenario with a touch of thinking we were smarter than every other time this happened. That's Diablo writing, that's the Horadrim, doing what must be done and eating a truckload of tragedy for it. Luckily we can also physically beat Mephisto up later.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I actually switched off Hemomancy just because it kept loving with my Death Blow resets and it was making me mad lol.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mephisto’s plan was good and would have prevented that bullshit final phase against Lilith.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Yeah it's a good vamp power but it messes with exploit (first attack on an enemy makes them vulnerable) glyph a wee bit too much. I'd be opening a treasure chest and it'd aggro the next room and trigger exploit on them way before they reached me.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I actually switched off Hemomancy just because it kept loving with my Death Blow resets and it was making me mad lol.
Big same, but it helped early before I had the unique two handed Mace that makes Death Blow totally insane.

Will do after work!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Doomykins posted:

We tried to make the most of a lose/lose scenario with a touch of thinking we were smarter than every other time this happened.
I guess it's also the nature of the series - the prime evils can never be defeated (at least not by humans) and the best 'victory' you can hope for is sealing them away for a while and buying humanity / sanctuary a bit more time.

With that in mind it makes perfect sense that Mephisto wouldn't be too bothered about getting soulstoned, since like Doomykins pointed out he's eternal and can just wait however long it takes for the stone to fail / its guardian to fall / a city to be built over him that he can corrupt.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Oct 30, 2023

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

How hard are Varshan and uhhh the other dude you need to kill to get Duriel mats? Playing as a ball lightning sorc coming up on level 75 and thinking about giving them a try but I don’t want to burn the mats to summon them if it’s something you should only mess with at like 85+.

Also is there any way that goons are coordinating Duriel runs? Would love to stretch the mats out as far as I can once I get them.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Yeah it's a good vamp power but it messes with exploit (first attack on an enemy makes them vulnerable) glyph a wee bit too much. I'd be opening a treasure chest and it'd aggro the next room and trigger exploit on them way before they reached me.

The patch notes for 1.2.1 mentioned that hemomancy triggering from non-damaging actions is a bug that they've fixed (patch goes live tomorrow)

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Bold Robot posted:

How hard are Varshan and uhhh the other dude you need to kill to get Duriel mats? Playing as a ball lightning sorc coming up on level 75 and thinking about giving them a try but I don’t want to burn the mats to summon them if it’s something you should only mess with at like 85+.

Also is there any way that goons are coordinating Duriel runs? Would love to stretch the mats out as far as I can once I get them.

Varshan isn't too bad. I think I did it around 70ish. Duriel hits a lot harder, I was around 80ish the first time and had 0 potions at the end of the fight. Varshan you get the mats like crazy doing vamptides and the whispers in them, so I wouldn't be too stingy with them. Duriel I might wait on unless your damage is that silly that you can kill him quick and have good poison resist. The mats are harder to come by so they're worth saving up until you're confident, IMO. What tier NMD can you do? Duriel is level 100 and was much harder than any bosses I was doing in Tier 50-60, IIRC.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

How many goes do you get at a boss per set of mats? Is it like NMDs where you get limited revives or is it one and done?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
the beast in the ice is straight up a nmd with 4 revives but i dont think the rest have any limit, i died to varshan a few times. no idea about durial though i havent tried him yet

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I guess there's the technical revive limit in terms of if you die enough your gear breaks (never had it happen but does that mean its destroyed or just stops giving you bonuses?) Although I guess you can just portal back to town and fix it if you're quick.

Reminds me of cheesing Duriel back in D2r by abusing town portals mid fight to replenish healing, rez my mercenary and refresh mana.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oh so if you make the ice monster sigil but don’t have inventory space it’ll just take the mats and give you nothing. So that’s fun.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

m.hache posted:

Oh so if you make the ice monster sigil but don’t have inventory space it’ll just take the mats and give you nothing. So that’s fun.

it doesnt just drop it on the ground? i could have sworn when you did this for other stuff it just kind of drops like from a chest but i might be wrong or it could be a second funnier option, this one sigil was coded differently for some reason

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
It drops on the ground for me.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
come on

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

the helltides enjoyer has logged on i see

im super annoyed bc i somehow lucked into the vasilys prayer ancestral roll immediately but im waiting on the endless fury drop from grigore/beast in the ice and ive done the former maybe 10 times and the latter thrice now with no luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend