Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Scary Go Round (December 16-19, 2003)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Love that baba

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Kennel posted:

Love that baba

this is a really cute comic and a cute baby.

it's what Daddy Daze wishes to be.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

thisusedyet posted:

Unless that little explosion graphic is supposed to be contact, the umpire hosed up BIG here. That's not a force play (only way to get a force at the plate is if the bases are loaded), so the catcher needs to get a tag down to get that out.

Look at how that ump is adjusting his hat. They tryin to do our hosed up boys dirty :mad:

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Selachian posted:

Archie 9/29-31/48

Hey.

Who else is in the bull costume.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I created a backlog again so gonna split this up a bit. Here's your first helping of Ballard Street

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Drimble Wedge posted:

Caption It!

"Caption It!" is a new cartoon caption contest that runs every week in this space. Are you creative? Do you have a weird sense of humor? Then send us a submission along with your name and town!
Email entries to captionitcartoon@gmail.com or go to @caption_it_cartoon on Instagram to comment/like.
Remember to keep captions brief and clean. Good luck!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

So this guy in Mary Worth used his resources as an ex-cop to track down Kitty's mother, when she clearly didn't want anything to do with him. He then spends the entire meeting with this woman being aggressive and intimidating, which is doubly scary given he's built like a tank. He was treating her like a criminal in an interrogation, and acting like an entitled dipshit when Kitty's mom isn't bending over backward to accommodate him.

And yet the reason she didn't tell him she was pregnant was not because he's a cop and a terrible person, but because she didn't want to be a liability? Or how she didn't want to marry a guy who was married to his job? gently caress off with this bullshit, Mary Worth.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

amigolupus posted:

So this guy in Mary Worth used his resources as an ex-cop to track down Kitty's mother, when she clearly didn't want anything to do with him. He then spends the entire meeting with this woman being aggressive and intimidating, which is doubly scary given he's built like a tank. He was treating her like a criminal in an interrogation, and acting like an entitled dipshit when Kitty's mom isn't bending over backward to accommodate him.

And yet the reason she didn't tell him she was pregnant was not because he's a cop and a terrible person, but because she didn't want to be a liability? Or how she didn't want to marry a guy who was married to his job? gently caress off with this bullshit, Mary Worth.
But see, he deserved to know he had a biological child somewhere with someone he had only dated a few months(and who was scared away when she realized he'd use her pregnancy to pressure her into marriage who would have been a liability to him, somehow?).

Can't wait until they try to turn his daughter's political leanings into "she's rebelling against authority because she never had a dad" or some nauseating poo poo like that.

1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Haifisch posted:

1981 comics

...???

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (November 26, 2001)

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

amigolupus posted:

Haifisch posted:

But see, he deserved to know he had a biological child somewhere with someone he had only dated a few months(and who was scared away when she realized he'd use her pregnancy to pressure her into marriage who would have been a liability to him, somehow?).

Can't wait until they try to turn his daughter's political leanings into "she's rebelling against authority because she never had a dad" or some nauseating poo poo like that.

I've been trying to figure out what liability even means in this context. Would she have been at risk for kidnapping by an enemy group? Would she have hobbled his career by taking his money and time to have a family?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Kennel posted:

Love that baba

It's an extremely accurate representation of a wee gurgler.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Jan. 03, 1960)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Weeni

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 10/29/03

Brenda Starr 12/23/51

Spoilered for a bit of cultural appropriation.

Smokey Stover 9/8/57

Everyday Movies 11/30/36

"The football team did so bad this year I'm thinking of quitting college altogether."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 6/20/42

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Not enough action comics about cross country nowadays.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

You never heard of the Nancy/Red Dawn crossover event?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

No one will ever suspect that the jewels set in my easily portable golden lamp are my jewels

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

The only thing worse than baby talk is inconsistent baby talk. How come she can say the "L" in "ladybug" and "th" in "think" but neither in "Elizabeth"?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
ah yes Safe Havens logic! We can turn you into any animal for research but not for a costume party!

Or we will turn you into another animal because you deserve some punishment. Or because you were rude. Or you looked at me in annoyance. Or I need a new form for a slave.

But never ever for anything that benefits you.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

amigolupus posted:

No, no you do not want to see it posted again. It's still being posted in BSS' Discord server and while I only skim it from time to time, it's somehow even more gross now that Amos and Edda have children. If the two aren't tongue-wrestling each other in front of their kids to make them learn about sexuality, then it's Amos trying to disguise his lust for his wife in the form of bedtime stories to the twins so that they'd think their mother was sexy too.

And if it's not focused on the hosed up family, Brooke keeps doing all these flashbacks to young Amos and Edda, where Edda keeps going on and on about the intricacies of getting pregnant and what it must feel like. Or Brooke does timey-wimey bullshit and grown-up Edda is creeping on young Amos, or vice-versa. Luann and FOOB are both terrible, but I never get the vibe that authorities would find some questionable content in their computers if they got raided like how I feel when it comes to 9CL.

Just wanted to say how much I appreciated this dose of sanity. Posting 9CL should be like using the HOT or ATTENTION tags. Automatically out of here.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Basically the rationale behind putting 9CL in the #newspaper-comics-hall-of-shame folder is that it's findable, but it's not shoved at you unless you make a free-will choice. That's the theory, anyway.

Which reminds me: nobody's posting Luann or Holbrook on a regular basis over there. Just sayin' is all.

Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (October 29, 1935)

Peanuts (October 30, 1976)

Crankshaft, featuring Mindy as the voice of reason. At least for today.

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Li'l Abner (December 17-19, 1934)

Thimble Theater (June 3, 1940)

Out Our Way (March 8-10, 1943; spoilered for more wartime racist playtime.)

1943 Bonus: Hey gang! The government lifted the ban on sliced bread!

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Pluggers

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Cowslips Warren posted:

ah yes Safe Havens logic! We can turn you into any animal for research but not for a costume party!

Or we will turn you into another animal because you deserve some punishment. Or because you were rude. Or you looked at me in annoyance. Or I need a new form for a slave.

But never ever for anything that benefits you.

It's really telling how the only time they made something that supposedly benefited regular people, it was a free solar-powered energy tech to help with global warming that somehow no one used. And then they used it to make cellphone batteries, because that's somehow going to be eco-friendly.

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft, featuring Mindy as the voice of reason. At least for today.

Reminder that Batiuk bragged to Times Magazine about doing a 10-week storyline about Les' former bully committing suicide because he had CTE and how it'd affect his family. Which by week 3 focused on how Les felt about it, instead. And by week 5, the whole storyline was suddenly cut short so that Batiuk could do his stupid Pizza Golem schtick for Halloween yet again.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Scarlet O’Neil doesn’t care how far-fetched the action has to be to advance the story and dammit I love that.

EasyEW posted:

1943 Bonus: Hey gang! The government lifted the ban on sliced bread!

This is the best thing since…something.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

... wait, it's over? I mean, I wanted it to be over. But it sorta seems like things were in the middle. Like, the moles attacking the house got hit by gumballs and then just... left?

Georgia this is so, so bad.

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

CLASS.IC. HAT. CLASS.IC. HAT. CLASS.IC.HAT.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pancho Jueves posted:

The only thing worse than baby talk is inconsistent baby talk. How come she can say the "L" in "ladybug" and "th" in "think" but neither in "Elizabeth"?

Nope it’s very possible.
My twins do this even at 13.
So my daughters name is “Tabitha”.
My son says “Ta’i’tha” all slurred together since the day he could speak and still does.
The first syllable of any word is the easiest to say for sure.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Murdstone posted:

This is the best thing since…something.

I was going to make a crack about bootleg slicers screaming "TRY AND STOP ME, JOHNNY LAW!' But dammit, that's exactly what happened.

Atlas Obscura posted:

On January 24, less than a week after the ban, the whole thing began to unravel. New York Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia made a public announcement that bakeries that already had bread-slicing machines could carry on using them. Needless to say, this caused a rift between those bakers with slicing machines and those without. One baker by the name of Fink, who also happened to be a member of the New York City Bakers Advisory Committee, publicly advocated for the ban, then was fined $1,000 (more than $14,000 today) for sneakily violating it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Classic Fingerpori

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Classic Fingerpori

middle panel sheep is a good avatar

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Shugojin posted:

Yes. But the last one is incredible. :allears:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shugojin posted:

Poil posted: