Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Exodee posted:

I'm not seeing any listed fixes regarding the hand-cannon blessing? It's really easy to see for yourself regardless; have a revolver with hand-cannon equipped and then crit a Crusher with your melee weapon. You'll do a shitton more damage than you're supposed be doing.

LOL, I'm sorry. I could have sworn that they fixed it in patch 14.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Yeah, going into the meatgrinder the crits hit harder on crushers with a hand cannon revolver equipped.

Here I thought the dueling sword on my revolver psyker was just absurdly good at head stabbing, though with the rending blessing it still deletes crushers even without the bugged hand cannon.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Oct 30, 2023

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Exodee posted:

As a fellow halberd (+ spear and billhook) enjoyer I really hope they'll add some polearms to DT in the near future because I miss them.

Yeah the revolver's great, I love how it makes you feel like you're in a John Woo movie as you're sliding around popping heads. The only reason I'm not using it right now is because the Hand-Cannon blessing is basically cheating since it's currently bugged to also give rending to your melee weapon.
But on the other hand it made me try a bunch of other sidearms and the heavy las pistol is actually no slouch either! I think it's thanks to its high finesse multiplier so it does a ton of damage on crits and weak spot hits which goes great on a crit-build Zealot. Full Auto mod is recommended though.

Same with polearms. My psyker already has a large brimmed hat with feathers. Yes I paid RL money for that as… it’s dapper!
Interesting about the laspistol. I only tried that very briefly back when my psyker was lil. How does it compare to the auto pistol? Might give that a go if it can hold its weight long range. Good groups with vets or brain popping psyks handle long range but I like the backup if things go badly. I really wanted to stick to flamer but had a couple of games where vets just decided to only shoot trash mobs and let snipers pick us off. Annoying.

Couple of questions for you guys:
Psyker - duelling cutlas Vs force sword. Tried them out in the psykarium and it just feels like cutlass is simply faster. On Xbox so pre-nerf but how’s force sword now after the patch? What’s yer guys opinion?
Ogryn - normally just take whatever for ranged. Fave ripper is mark 5 but can’t decide about double heavy stubber. My guys named Dakka sos I like a bit of dakka but no idea if one model is obviously “better”. I am not a ranged build but hey… if I get a moment to loose might as well give heavy stubber a go.

Aryoc
Nov 27, 2006

:black101: Goblin King :black101:
Grimey Drawer
On Ogryn stubbers, the Gorgonum has the highest damage per shot but slowest rate-of-fire, it's also the most accurate at long range. Achlys fires fastest but gets pretty inaccurate so it's more of a close range gun, and the Krourk is in-between the two. All of them are viable, Gorgonum might be the most popular due to the higher damage but I've seen people be very effective with an Achlys as well, particularly in melting bosses.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

DogsInSpace! posted:

Couple of questions for you guys:
Psyker - duelling cutlas Vs force sword. Tried them out in the psykarium and it just feels like cutlass is simply faster. On Xbox so pre-nerf but how’s force sword now after the patch? What’s yer guys opinion?
Ogryn - normally just take whatever for ranged. Fave ripper is mark 5 but can’t decide about double heavy stubber. My guys named Dakka sos I like a bit of dakka but no idea if one model is obviously “better”. I am not a ranged build but hey… if I get a moment to loose might as well give heavy stubber a go.
Psyker - Dueling sword is faster, but for max mobility you're looking at a knife. I'm running Force swords simply for Deflector ( so when my kinetic shield is on cooldown I've got something to help against ranged ) and the special attack which takes a few moments to wind up and generates peril, but is wonderful for oneshotting mutants and ragers.
Ogryn - Try the Kickback. Yeah it's the starter gun, it was pretty ordinary on release but at the moment is brutal. Even with lovely Blessings this thing owns at making gaps in crowds and putting down elites and specials, and what it doesn't kill it put's on the ground ( except Bulwarks, but still knocks them around ). At mid ranges you're putting down snipers ( long and extreme ranges? spot that thing and hope you have good teammates, or throw something ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwmdHjvc-W8

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Oct 30, 2023

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Dueling sword feels really great, up until you find yourself 10 feet away from an elite gunner that noticed you and you can't move forward or get away, then you wish you had deflector.

Estel
May 4, 2010

ZombyDog posted:

Ogryn - Try the Kickback. Yeah it's the starter gun, it was pretty ordinary on release but at the moment is brutal. Even with lovely Blessings this thing owns at making gaps in crowds and putting down elites and specials, and what it doesn't kill it put's on the ground ( except Bulwarks, but still knocks them around ). At mid ranges you're putting down snipers ( long and extreme ranges? spot that thing and hope you have good teammates, or throw something ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwmdHjvc-W8

I really liked the Kickback on release because if you didn't have teammates that reacted fast enough to specials or disablers you could knockback anything you shot even snipers at long distances giving time to your teammates to react.

Now it's really really good weapon.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I tried out the buffed Kantrael IV and... it's pretty fun now? Still nowhere near the best but, to use the Kantrael XII as a measuring stick, the IV went from ~44% damage per shot, to ~58% damage per shot, at double the fire rate. This means you can theoretically output more damage in the same amount of time as the XII now, and is more forgiving of misses because of the RoF. Anyway I've been enjoying it, using it as sort of a weird infantry auto/infantry lasgun hybrid.

I want to try out the Kantrael 1a as well, since they buffed it quite significantly, to about 86% damage at 1.5x the RoF versus the XII, which sounds good on paper but it's still missing the "far" modifiers for unarmored and infested that the other two variants get. I've yet to roll one up though so I can't try it out.

Absolutely use the full-auto mod though if you value your clicking finger.

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Oct 30, 2023

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Dunno how the gently caress it would be justified, but the ogryn should get a custodian guardian spear.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Aryoc posted:

On Ogryn stubbers, the Gorgonum has the highest damage per shot but slowest rate-of-fire, it's also the most accurate at long range. Achlys fires fastest but gets pretty inaccurate so it's more of a close range gun, and the Krourk is in-between the two. All of them are viable, Gorgonum might be the most popular due to the higher damage but I've seen people be very effective with an Achlys as well, particularly in melting bosses.

I recently got the Ogryn to 30, not really that fond of the Ogryns playstyle (throwing rocks at things though will never not be comedy gold), but running with the Gorgonum and opening up when there is a huge horde event feels like the Tiger tank delousing scene at the end of Saving Private Ryan, it mulches everything in sight. Definitely my favourite of the Ogryn guns and the one I felt the most effective with.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Black Griffon posted:

Dunno how the gently caress it would be justified, but the ogryn should get a custodian guardian spear.

"Ehhhh... where did you get that, big man?"

"Found it!"

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

DogsInSpace! posted:

Interesting about the laspistol. I only tried that very briefly back when my psyker was lil. How does it compare to the auto pistol? Might give that a go if it can hold its weight long range. Good groups with vets or brain popping psyks handle long range but I like the backup if things go badly. I really wanted to stick to flamer but had a couple of games where vets just decided to only shoot trash mobs and let snipers pick us off. Annoying.
The laspistol got buffed a bunch recently so it's much stronger now. On top of that the talent-trees made it a lot better too since you can build for crits really easily which goes well with its high multipliers. Probably not nearly as good as the revolver at snap-killing snipers (but then again, what is?), though it can get the job done.

edit: Although I just now noticed you're on xbox so you can't get the full-auto mod which makes it a lot more convenient to use. I'd probably advise against it then unless you don't mind pulling the trigger a thousand times per run :v:

Exodee fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 30, 2023

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

GoldStandardConure posted:

I recently got the Ogryn to 30, not really that fond of the Ogryns playstyle (throwing rocks at things though will never not be comedy gold), but running with the Gorgonum and opening up when there is a huge horde event feels like the Tiger tank delousing scene at the end of Saving Private Ryan, it mulches everything in sight. Definitely my favourite of the Ogryn guns and the one I felt the most effective with.

Ogryn with gorgon has been my favorite playstyle since the update, so goddamn cathartic. With a toughness build + Gunlugger ability it feels like a very solid all-round build that can clutch in a lot of ways. It's got a decent enough accuracy at range to pop snipers and bombers at their usual ranges, even without bracing, and the constant stagger is hilarious when opening up on groups of elites. The toughness regen on shot from gunlugger is great for breaching into rooms full of gunners where you can just supress and/or knock down a whole room with a sweep of the gun while you facetank their bullets. Box o' nades is no Rok or Nuke, but the stagger is great for breathing room and rez moments.

Unrelated: Damnation pubbie Zealots tho. Zealot is 50/50 on whether you'll get someone competent or someone very confident in being competent. Had a beautiful example of the latter yesterday on our first Damnation game of the night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN9k2AZi6AU

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 30, 2023

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

If they slot Loner as aura, it goes without saying they'll be top tier players :evilbuddy:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Anyone got opinions on scoreboard mods? I quite like this one for showing the team/defense/offense summaries, it's also the only one I've tried so far.

Edmond Dantes posted:

"Ehhhh... where did you get that, big man?"

"Found it!"

There we go, justification enough.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Black Griffon posted:

Anyone got opinions on scoreboard mods? I quite like this one for showing the team/defense/offense summaries, it's also the only one I've tried so far.

It's the only mod of its kind to my knowledge, and it's definitely valuable. Keep in mind that it's entirely customizable, and things like crafting resources collected and number of blocked attacks can be safely removed from tracking.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Magitek posted:

It's the only mod of its kind to my knowledge, and it's definitely valuable. Keep in mind that it's entirely customizable, and things like crafting resources collected and number of blocked attacks can be safely removed from tracking.

There's this one too, which is trending atm.
https://www.nexusmods.com/warhammer40kdarktide/mods/241

Might customize it a bit though, that sound useful.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
The most important stat from any given run are the ones I got green circles on obviously

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

There's this one too, which is trending atm.
https://www.nexusmods.com/warhammer40kdarktide/mods/241

Might customize it a bit though, that sound useful.

Just remember to turn off the numerical scores for each category. I don't know how they are calculated, and they are basically green circles all over again.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Magitek posted:

As a picker upper of resources I will never remove that part!

Weird to me how it seems to accurately track boss damage but never increments on the number of bosses killed.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Legit Businessman posted:

Just remember to turn off the numerical scores for each category. I don't know how they are calculated, and they are basically green circles all over again.

but have you considered that when I have the highest number it means I feel nice and cool

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
So I am addicted to the Catachan MKIII Combat Blade. I run real fast and nothing can hit me it rules. Are there any other weapons that give you mobility anywhere close to the combat blade? It feels a bit samey to be running it on 3 of my 4 classes.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

There we go, justification enough.

If the mission is accomplished, the specifics of what my teammates did is between them and the emperor.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

So I am addicted to the Catachan MKIII Combat Blade. I run real fast and nothing can hit me it rules. Are there any other weapons that give you mobility anywhere close to the combat blade? It feels a bit samey to be running it on 3 of my 4 classes.

Check out the Duelist swords on Psyker, they get the same super dodges the combat knife does and it gets funnier if you take the 50% dodgier dodge node.

If you run it with right side tree blue whack a mole you get huge move speed bonuses as you zip between stabbing the blue heads.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

Devil Claw Swords might not be as mobile, but they get to parry any attacks so long as you've got enough stamina. And there is something incredibly satisfying killing things with that parry.
Rager group? Parry their chain of attack and watch the entire group get shredded.
Mauler/Crusher hammer slam? Parried with a cheeky slap of the blade back at them.
Sniper/Flamer kick? Parry it and teach em a slicy lesson.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Does the Zealot "sprint counts as a dodge" skill proc on-dodge skills like the +50% crit damage one?

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

.Z. posted:

Devil Claw Swords might not be as mobile, but they get to parry any attacks so long as you've got enough stamina. And there is something incredibly satisfying killing things with that parry.
Rager group? Parry their chain of attack and watch the entire group get shredded.
Mauler/Crusher hammer slam? Parried with a cheeky slap of the blade back at them.
Also parrying everything the Plague Ogryn does including its stomp's shockwave. Or the Chaos Spawn's entire combo attack (extra stamina is recommended for this one though!)

Reiley posted:

Does the Zealot "sprint counts as a dodge" skill proc on-dodge skills like the +50% crit damage one?
Nope! I've posted about it before but that sprint skill's description is super misleading: You already make enemies lose tracking of you if you sprint sideways from their shots, and all that skill does is make it so that you benefit from that even at 0 stamina. There's no dodge-proccing involved at all unfortunately.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Scoreboard mod is nice for gauging your own performance with new builds or weapons or etc.. And if a team mate is basically AFK like one pubbie was the other day having something like 60 total kills by the end of the match it helps you understand why that level felt more difficult.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Lassitude posted:

Scoreboard mod is nice for gauging your own performance with new builds or weapons or etc.. And if a team mate is basically AFK like one pubbie was the other day having something like 60 total kills by the end of the match it helps you understand why that level felt more difficult.

It's also great to poo poo talk your friends during the interminable loading screens.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

.Z. posted:

I may have to try this on the vet I'm levelling. Do you just hold parry and they die to the damage being reflected back or something?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

tangy yet delightful posted:

I may have to try this on the vet I'm levelling. Do you just hold parry and they die to the damage being reflected back or something?

You want to time the parry with their swing iirc, to minimize stam loss. Idk if it still one-shots ragers but it used to

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Lassitude posted:

Yeah this is why I use it tbh. I tried the much beloved columnus on my vet to see what the buzz was about, for example, but I found that I played way better and more effectively with the Vraks Mk VII, and it was interesting to see how my stats reflected that.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

here's my Psyker hot take:

Deflector is overrated and just a personal taste thing, I literally haven't used it since the start of the game and it's just more effective to take the gunners out than defend against them. The real use of Force Swords is the ability to quell with your melee weapon and make use of the Warp Attack Kills Give Toughness (Soulstealer) with your melee weapon out. Illisi is imo the best for this, but Deimos has a use case that I just prefer not to use. Obscurus is kind of too much of a middle ground at this point to be worth using imo.

That said without infinite dodges now other melee weapons have a lot more viability. I'm liking the dueling swords a lot, along with the Devil's Claw swords (especially with kinetic deflector).

Here's my other, more general hottake:

Combat knives are overrated and you shouldn't be taking them on anyone except Zealot. Both Vet and Psyker have way better options for the knive's job in the ranged weapon or blitz category, and you're hamstringing your ability to handle a horde line with minimal movement or defend yourself vs overwhelming numbers in bad spots.

If you like it that's fine and a lot of viability is becoming personal preference which is great, but it has a use case and a lot of people just slam it into builds when it isn't really appropriate. :colbert:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Which close combat weapons do you recommend for a vet? I enjoyed my chainsword and switched to an axe and I don't think I like it nearly as much.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

knife because it allows you to dodge backwards the furthest before continuing to shoot everything

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

PSA: I have theorized a bleed/burn build with the Kantreal Shotgun, the incendiary shot CAN crit, which means it should be able to proc the flechette blessing...

except on the combat shotguns, it is only a Tier 2 blessing which means lol you aren't gonna get it via crafting. If you see it on a shotgun in brunt's armory, grab it! I wasted 12k plasteel trying to get it, fuckin' rip. At least I have all the t4 shotgun blessings now.

The Kantreal blessings I'm thinking of are Scattershot/Flechette, and you just incendiary shot every and it dies to double dot. Optimal? Maybe not. Funny af? I loving hope. :allears:

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Which close combat weapons do you recommend for a vet? I enjoyed my chainsword and switched to an axe and I don't think I like it nearly as much.

Devil Claw Sword, Power Swords are apparently back in a good spot now too.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I have settled into Plasma/Shout/Krak Grenade for my build. This loadout covers elites and specials well, so to round things out I want lots of cleave to handle hordes when I inevitably get stuck in melee. For a while I was using a Devil's Claw (Mk 1?) because you can spam horizontal heavies with it at head level. I decided to try out the Shovel today because I had a lot of mats lying around and I think I love it. It fills the same niche of having spammable horizontal heavies, but I also like its special poke attack to interrupt Ragers and Maulers. Not certain if it interrupts Crushers as I prefer to throw a Krak at them or blast them with Plasma instead of getting anywhere close to them.

Not sure if I just got lucky with bleed last hits here or if I was actually doing a ton of damage to all these gunners. I very much enjoy the CLONK sound the Shovel makes, you may have to open the mp4 in a new tab to hear it.

https://i.imgur.com/rVrVV6I.mp4

I really like the twirl animation when you wind up a heavy attack.

https://i.imgur.com/NRqEHMP.mp4

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 31, 2023

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
I like the knife because I can GTFO real fast. Also scoring a knife that gives 8 bleed stacks on crit was why I've kept with it.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Oct 31, 2023

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Power sword mk6 is rather overtuned right now imo, but you need both Power Cycler and Brutal Momentum to make it shine. Once you do though you can cleave through anything weaker than a Mauler like butter with just charged light attacks, and since they're lights it's a lot quicker and more comfortable to use than the old mk3 heavies.
Perhaps more impressive though is that you can two-shot Crushers with a quick two-hit combo of push-stab into light, though this requires a good setup to pull off. These guys go over this and more in (a lot of) detail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggcSlbYWTn4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Now that I have wasted bought the white/green psyker outfit with all my cash, I think I might throw away all my plasteel rolling for power cycler 4, assuming that you still get two extra empowered hits?