Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

TheKevman posted:

Man CP3 off the bench is just insane, don't care how old he is dude is so high basketball IQ. This squad feels sooo much better not having a dude dribble dribble dribble (TO).

or chuck up a dumbass 3 with 18 seconds on the clock. 21 assists with 4 turnovers is exactly what they need. they're still not good enough though and I can't quite pinpoint why. kuminga and moody still not turning a corner maybe? or everyone else plateaued while steph kept getting better? rip klays tendons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

TheKevman posted:

Man CP3 off the bench is just insane, don't care how old he is dude is so high basketball IQ. This squad feels sooo much better not having a dude dribble dribble dribble (TO).

Yeah two of the top 3 career PGs on the same team? Actually pretty good

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Ammanas posted:

or chuck up a dumbass 3 with 18 seconds on the clock. 21 assists with 4 turnovers is exactly what they need. they're still not good enough though and I can't quite pinpoint why. kuminga and moody still not turning a corner maybe? or everyone else plateaued while steph kept getting better? rip klays tendons

it's because they don't have enough size and smart passing to actually run their motion offense. the only lineups with enough passing+shooting to run it are tiny or can't defend. they don't have a roll man that can actually finish (their best one might be the rookie TJD).

Kuminga's been way better but is also kind of a knucklehead. moody is really good but can't really guard 1 on 1 because he's not strong enough yet. he doesn't fall down constantly anymore though! I think it's more of a thing where 25 year old moody is gonna be really good but he just kinda needs to mature physically (or the strength training staff sucks)

they have lineups that will give most teams problems but will probably always struggle against LA if AD is healthy. but steph gives them probably the best weapon against Jokic in the league

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Spite posted:

but steph gives them probably the best weapon against Jokic in the league

this is ja morant erasure

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ja Morant is doing a fine job erasing himself

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

steph curry would get outplayed by christian braun in a nuggets/warriors series lmao

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

i still remember delly fondly

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Spite posted:

it's because they don't have enough size and smart passing to actually run their motion offense.

bogut was a brute but it makes the system work. iguodala and livingston were geniuses and i want their numbers retired in the rafters.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

TDepressionEarl posted:

bogut was a brute but it makes the system work. iguodala and livingston were geniuses and i want their numbers retired in the rafters.

Livingston would be on the court iso'd and everyone in the building would know he was going to fadeaway J from like the elbow and no matter what they couldn't stop it and he never missed.

He was so :stare: when he was in his dubs prime

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Paul Pierce-esque

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

RCarr posted:

Paul Pierce-esque

Rare to see this used in a non-fecal context

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Being the sixth option on a team that signed Kevin Durant after losing the finals with a 3-1 lead has its advantages

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

how do the bucks fix their atrocious defense

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

and if your only answer to this is "it's gonna take time" then gtfo this is a Haters Only conversation

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Aye Doc posted:

Trade Lillard for Jrue

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Aye Doc posted:

it's as if trading the best defensive guard for the worst may hurt their defense.

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.

Aye Doc posted:

Giannis full time center

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Aye Doc posted:

Find a mature coach that instills fundamentals in the pre-season then sticks with their structure until the players grow into their roles/assignments.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

dokmo posted:

it's as if trading the best defensive guard for the worst may hurt their defense.

playing malik beasley beside him is certainly not helping them out any

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Aye Doc posted:

Like achievably with Dame still on the floor they cannot play Beasley, and honestly probably shouldn't be giving a lot of minutes to Crowder.

They do actually kinda miss Grayson Allen and Jevon Carter in this situation

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

playing malik beasley beside him is certainly not helping them out any

playing brook lopez for just 24 mpg and giving those extra minutes to portis is not going to help either.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
For the warriors, you typically only get to small or slow and the warriors are mostly both. They are good at everything else but I think that's going to be an Achilles heel.

For the Bucks yeah their backcourt is bad defensively but they'll round out better over time. (Don't give in to October haterisms)

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
You can win games by just scoring more than the other team.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Evergreen statement for why the Bucks aren’t working: A healthy Middleton should help

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

this is a Haters Only conversation

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.

dokmo posted:

playing brook lopez for just 24 mpg and giving those extra minutes to portis is not going to help either.

I kinda think they wont be able to scramble out to open shooters with both him and Giannis in.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

dokmo posted:

their point of attack defense probably took a huge step back lol

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Atlanta is starting to come together.

Best team in the east.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Lockback posted:

(Don't give in to October haterisms)

autumn is hatin rear end season. if you arent hatin in october, november, december youre gonna be hating during the part of the season that's actually cool and good

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Now is the greatest time to hate. ‘It’s early, your poo poo team will regress to the mean’ looking at you Orlando, Indiana, and OKC

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

i am a moron posted:

Now is the greatest time to hate. ‘It’s early, your poo poo team will regress to the mean’ looking at you Orlando, Indiana, and OKC

One more year, one more year your superstars get older, one more year those new kids get to develop.

Nuggets repeat.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

i am a moron posted:

regression hit OKC all at once in the game vs Denver

"Nikola Jokic Praises Chet Holmgren, But Says He Needs to Get Fatter"

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
A 2L a day keeps post moves in play

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

ex post facho posted:

A 2L a day keeps post moves in play

to me, he looks like walking talking lactose intolerance

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

He's probably right and also it might kill Chet's career. Wemby needs to stay in slim reaper mode.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

WhyteRyce posted:

After watching 30 minutes of Gabe Vincent I have decided it’s not a good idea to sign Heat role players

We’ve known this for a while! Which makes the insistence that Tyler Herro is worth trading for even funnier.

Although Strus has looked decent.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/MacPena/status/1718651620429340773?t=bhFGLfsAhjII1IiGUTou4A&s=19

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lol all of these suck https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38772965/how-bold-new-nba-season-tournament-courts-came-fruition

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Eh none of them are amazing but I'm glad they're doing something that clearly differentiates the in-season tourney games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

They should just admit it’s a bad idea and not do it at all