Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

smoobles posted:

I'm gonna eat one of these and explode violently

"HAMAS fills BABIES with SPONGE BOMBS"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

trucutru posted:

Until now

lmao

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I do sort-of admire how Zionism is a powerful enough ideology to seamlessly shift to playing the German role in the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising with no discomfort or dissonance.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

smoobles posted:

I'm gonna eat one of these and explode violently

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Frosted Flake posted:

I do sort-of admire how Zionism is a powerful enough ideology to seamlessly shift to playing the German role in the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising with no discomfort or dissonance.

neolibs control the narrative and neoliberals do not believe in history

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

trucutru posted:

Until now

i wanna see what happens when the bag accidentally rips inside a tank

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Also, when I think of "things reservists with a weekend refresher course are good at doing", "handling binary explosives in confined spaces" is at the top of the list.

It feels like Reserve combat engineers almost always end up blowing off a finger or toe on their super course in Gagetown over their summer training. I don't know how this would go better.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

I'm just curious how far down the list the conscripts sent to combat engineering are.

Think about the officers! Imagine being a civil or mechanical engineer in Israel instead of working in app development!

who needs em when you've got trash bags full of foam?

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

our tolerance for civilian casualties is not unlimited. it has a limit and that limit is 256,892. so you better not kill more people than that.

Real talk NYT putting out anti war propaganda, even if framed as "we love you israel please only do a half genocide" is dire for Israel. Public pressure starting to get Dems/neolibs sweaty.

If you can't make the DC protest on Saturday please go to a local one, individually is meaningless but is morale boosting for Palestinians and demoralizing for the genociders

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
spongebomb squarepants

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

yeah they were doing that in 1948. what is occupied palestine but lebensraum?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Frosted Flake posted:

Also, when I think of "things reservists with a weekend refresher course are good at doing", "handling binary explosives in confined spaces" is at the top of the list.

It feels like Reserve combat engineers almost always end up blowing off a finger or toe on their super course in Gagetown over their summer training. I don't know how this would go better.

they said they are gonna use robots, so i guess they are gonna strap some explosives to an rc car and send it down the tunnel.
hell, hamas could probably do the same thing right?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Brogeoisie posted:

Real talk NYT putting out anti war propaganda, even if framed as "we love you israel please only do a half genocide" is dire for Israel. Public pressure starting to get Dems/neolibs sweaty.

If you can't make the DC protest on Saturday please go to a local one, individually is meaningless but is morale boosting for Palestinians and demoralizing for the genociders

yeah it feels like the consent factory is trying to retool its assembly line for half-genocide after the bottom fell out of the market for full-genocide

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

trucutru posted:

Until now

dudes rock

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

yeah it feels like the consent factory is trying to retool its assembly line for half-genocide after the bottom fell out of the market for full-genocide

again proof that libs can only think like a week in advance while every person with a soul was just looking on aghast as the west jumped into supporting Israel with both feet.

BUUNNI
Jun 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

trucutru posted:

Until now

Comically getting myself stuck on one of these bags as my Hamas buddies in the tunnel film everything

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

trucutru posted:

Until now

Who lives in a war tunnel under the ground?

sponge bomb square pants

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Brogeoisie posted:

im trying to catch one of the buses unironically

funny to me considering i just moved out of dc

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Brogeoisie posted:

It's worth showing up to protest for another reason as well: writers on the subject say that Israel points to trends that will emerge in all western societies. What they're doing in Gaza could just as easily happen on the Mexican border in ten years, or to Russian minorities in the Baltic, or who knows what else.

Israel's Death Hierarchy posted:

In opting for excessive force that shields soldiers by targeting enemy civilians, namely by employing FCT, the military’s ability to attain the ultimate war goals may be reduced because of the impact of this policy, which embitters civilians. So the right to protection is undermined again. Second, burden distribution weakens the bargaining power of the middle class, many of whose political rights were confiscated. Furthermore, in the extreme case, when the arsenal of rights accrued by means of converting the right to protect into other rights dries up and the first strategy is also less viable in a skeptical climate, the state will commodify both sets of rights.

This scenario was not the case in Israel, but it typifies Western democracies. The right to protect is gradually removed from the set of rights with the decoupling of soldiering from citizenship, epitomized by vocationalization and the market regulation of recruitment that it breeds. Limited military participation then extends to political apathy surrounding the deployment of military forces, implying citizens’ surrender of their right to control the armed forces. Vocationalization, moreover, has been increasingly entwined with contracting out military missions to private security companies. Contracting out reduces public transparency, favors the executive branch over the legislature, and may empower private corporations to influence and even carry out policies that deviate from agreed-upon national goals. This is especially so as contractors’ bargaining power is poor, which has implications for reducing the public’s interest in the military. “The logic of the market could be extended to challenge the notion that armies should be run by the government,” warned Sandel.

At the same time, marketization does not stop at military service. It extends to the increasing marketization of security, impairing the right to protection as well, as citizens’ access to protection is differentiated according to their market position—that is, their capacity to pay for the security services they seek. Gated communities, private police forces, private security packages (such as private bomb shelters), private protective suits against chemical and biological threats—all of these gradually make protection a private, rather than a public, good. However, these forms of privatized protection appeared largely as a result of the destabilization of the role of the military as the monopolistic public service, which opened the door to alternative service suppliers. With the new hierarchies, privileged groups are provided with more security and also face less risk in combat.

This brings us back to the Hobbesian contract: it may not work, and the state may fail to maintain political order and security unless its citizens are ready to sacrifice or, more importantly, prevent their rulers from sacrificing others instead. Israel’s likelihood of survival will be determined by how it meets this imperative, but it is also a lesson for the entire democratic world.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Oman formally Cancels airspace allowance for Israeli airlines, will no longer allow flyovers for any israeli planes over its airspace.

this is the first real concrete action any arab country has taken against israel

https://x.com/alarabytv/status/1718979322680086909?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

fits my needs posted:

they said they are gonna use robots, so i guess they are gonna strap some explosives to an rc car and send it down the tunnel.
hell, hamas could probably do the same thing right?

“IOF” sending bomb robots down the tunnel and then the robot comes out of a hole behind them and blows them up.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
eager to see israel's calm and sane response to oman's actions

PawParole posted:

“IOF” sending bomb robots down the tunnel and then the robot comes out of a hole behind them and blows them up.

lol

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Frosted Flake posted:

It's worth showing up to protest for another reason as well: writers on the subject say that Israel points to trends that will emerge in all western societies. What they're doing in Gaza could just as easily happen on the Mexican border in ten years, or to Russian minorities in the Baltic, or who knows what else.

the west has been setting itself up for doing 'what needs to be done' for a while now and while i try not to get doomer about things, i have this feeling they're getting ready to get brutal during the climate crisis

i think they're officially 'ok with genocide'

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Frosted Flake posted:

zionism is by definition in favor of the creation of an ethnostate, it should not come as a surprise that it's willing to do the same kind of poo poo other attempted ethnostates have done

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Hamas will be shortly releasing a recorded statement from the prisoners aimed at Netanyahu and the israeli govenment

https://x.com/alarabytv/status/1718981204509069646?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

as i typed this post the statement was released, here are the main points

Israeli detainees at Al-Qassam to Netanyahu:

‎📌 We have been in captivity for 23 days and there must be a ceasefire
‎📌 We bear your political, security and military failure and your failure on October 7
‎📌 You and the army want to kill us all. Isn’t the massacre you committed against us enough for you?
‎Free us now. Isn't the number of Israelis killed enough?

https://x.com/alarabytv/status/1718986349863162039?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

trucutru posted:

Until now

that seems like something that would accidentally explode

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Rubellavator posted:

that seems like something that would accidentally explode

no need to worry, they're milspec trashbags

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I can't find any literature on the "sponge bomb" despite a flood of articles and press releases about it, which tbh makes me think it's a euphemism for chemical weapons. They'll explain that the tunnels were sealed off and Hamas asphyxiated, but are really just using ponchos and trash bags to seal tunnels where they've used gas, which is what there were rumours about a week ago. I can't think of any binary agents that rapidly make a solid and impermeable barrier. I might be wrong, but this feels deeply weird and there's been a big media push.

The other thing that raises an eyebrow are references to training accidents that make it seem a lot more like a chemical weapon than some sort of construction material: "The Sponge Bombs are made up of volatile liquid emulsion, which has resulted in unfortunate incidents, with some soldiers reportedly rendered blind."

Israel conducting tests of 'chemical grenades' to seal off Hamas' tunnel networks

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

Hamas will be shortly releasing a recorded statement from the prisoners aimed at Netanyahu and the israeli govenment

https://x.com/alarabytv/status/1718981204509069646?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

as i typed this post the statement was released, here are the main points

Israeli detainees at Al-Qassam to Netanyahu:

‎📌 We have been in captivity for 23 days and there must be a ceasefire
‎📌 We bear your political, security and military failure and your failure on October 7
‎📌 You and the army want to kill us all. Isn’t the massacre you committed against us enough for you?
‎Free us now. Isn't the number of Israelis killed enough?

https://x.com/alarabytv/status/1718986349863162039?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

here it is

https://twitter.com/trhxianl/status/1718981412726939901

and this is an alleged full translation

https://twitter.com/royalintel_/status/1718981184707805606

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

PawParole posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je3Lpve84CU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Israel is so terrible Peter Daou who was a member of the lebanese forces and a hillary clinton fanatic (who completely did an about turn during 2020 elections) hates israel now

https://x.com/peterdaou/status/1718761999021093366?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Grilled Beef
Oct 27, 2023
so basically. IDF tried to go in to Gaza City, got loving rocked, retreated to Zaytun, and are now slaughtering civilians there because they are scared and angry

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I imagine if it's real and not a euphemism or cover for chemical weapons is like a gallon of the stuff you get at the hardware store for sealing gaps and cracks, it's like polyurethane in a foaming agent and hardens/expands pretty quick (not instant though)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Israel is so terrible Peter Daou who was a member of the lebanese forces and a hillary clinton fanatic (who completely did an about turn during 2020 elections) hates israel now

https://x.com/peterdaou/status/1718761999021093366?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

he's running even hotter this morning
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1718977000117784659?s=20

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Grilled Beef posted:

so basically. IDF tried to go in to Gaza City, got loving rocked, retreated to Zaytun, and are now slaughtering civilians there because they are scared and angry

they didnt even try to go to Gaza city they tried to cut the north south highway in a not urban area and got shredded

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Justin Tyme posted:

I imagine if it's real and not a euphemism or cover for chemical weapons is like a gallon of the stuff you get at the hardware store for sealing gaps and cracks, it's like polyurethane in a foaming agent and hardens/expands pretty quick (not instant though)

They want it to be like the bakelite from evangelion, but it's loony toons war crimes.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I'm putting this to the STEM crowd, but could it be Two Part Polyurethane Expanding Pour Foam? It's highly flammable, creates suffocating smoke when burned, as well as deadly gas.

In the IDF, apparently the munition is called "Pkak" if anyone wants to look into it. I just see references to all of the blindings during training exercises (wtf?). "It’s basically a two bags of polymeric liquids, that when combined quickly turn into a rapidly expanding ball of tough foam that plugs the entrance."

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

I can't find any literature on the "sponge bomb"

It's because you have to use the civilian term "elephant toothpaste bomb"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

mods rename me Staunch Daouist