Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

receiving reports the idf has invented the gloo cannon from prey 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
oh hey lol

https://navysbir.com/n23_2/N232-081.htm

quote:

High Expandable Sticky and Incapacitating Foam
Navy SBIR 23.2 - Topic N232-081
MCSC - Marine Corps Systems Command
Pre-release 4/19/23 Opens to accept proposals 5/17/23 Closes 6/14/23 12:00pm ET

N232-081 TITLE: High Expandable Sticky and Incapacitating Foam

OUSD (R&E) CRITICAL TECHNOLOGY AREA(S): Sustainment

OBJECTIVE: Develop a non-toxic sticky foam material capable of expanding and sticking to targets to non-lethally entangle, restrain, and disable them.

DESCRIPTION: The Marine Corps through the Joint Intermediate Force Capabilities Office (JIFCO) is seeking to develop a sticky foam material that is capable of expanding and sticking to targets in order to non-lethally entangle, restrain, and disable them.

Relevant efforts were previously developed by the U.S. Government for security purposes to support the Department of Justice, the Department of Energy, and the Department of Defense. In the 1990s, the Marine Corp developed a sticky foam gun which was used in Operation United Shield to assist in the withdrawal of UN peacekeeping forces from Somalia.

closed in june, huh?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

It's almost certainly just a bigass batch of expanding polyurethane foam that's used in construction, noone is going to write white papers about it because the stuff was invented decades ago and most scientists aren't using it or thinking about it in the context of pursuing a genocidal war of aggression

Also lol at an expanding foam being "nonlethal" I am not a chemist but I would think such a reaction would be exothermic and leave nasty burns

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

The real way IDF can deal with those pesky tunnels: pour in diet pepsi and then start dropping in mentos

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

So how is the IDF blinding their troops when training with it? How difficult is it to work with this stuff?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Jel Shaker posted:

have to be careful because the whole tank will explode once you do that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBCQ0_ZNJf8&t=75s

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

moths posted:

It's almost certainly some form of spray foam. It's a neat idea, but the trick is getting all of the chemicals to react.

I imagine throwing something like that is going to splash the reagents. Instead of rock hard Judge Dredd riot foam, you get a fun lumpy puddle.

Even a perfectly-executed 30 bags volume of foam isn't going to stop anybody forever, and lol if they think Hamas dug themselves airtight dying holes.

i imagine the foam is easier to dig through than the dirt they initially had to displace

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

How do I hide verified tweets again?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the IDF are studying tapes of Caddyshack to analyze where Bill Murray's character went wrong

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Popy posted:

hope those dodge challengers were worth having just to end up facing a very angry hamas

Sitting in a ditch in Israel getting shelled by qassams as you worry about making the payments on your 1200 a month hellcat lease

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

quiggy posted:

receiving reports the idf has invented the gloo cannon from prey 2017

They figured out the "?????" ingredient in the Kiba Barrier from Rainbow Six Siege

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

So how is the IDF blinding their troops when training with it? How difficult is it to work with this stuff?

IDF reservists keep trying to use it for foam parties

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
IDF requests pause in ground invasion to replenish supplies of Nickelodeon Gak

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Rubellavator posted:

this is what i'm hung up on, they have to be making these "bombs" in the field at the exact site where they're using them because there's no way you could carry something like that around

oh, you don't think every dipshit piece of garbage idf nazi is hauling around 125 lbs of polyurethane in garbage bags?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Frosted Flake posted:

The first problem I thought of is getting all of both the reagents to react.

You can fix that with a quick shake. But then you get the problem they're describing.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

mcmagic posted:

A mob running around an airport looking for jews to beat up is a newsworthy thing. It's not the same kind of nonsense as sarah silverman being triggered by the from the river to the sea chant.

It's more that it's a perfect propaganda piece, because it hits every note the West has been pushing all at once. Russia bad, Russia racist, Jews in danger, Israel is the underdog. It's not surprising that it's been blasted everywhere

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

this is the idf were talking about

theyre just gonna fill up one of those firefighting planes and try to dump it over a neighborhood

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

It offgasses irritating fumes during the cure process/reaction. It's generally not that hard to work with but again, that's in the context of like plugging an old vent hole and not a bunch of 18 year old reservists dumping gallons of it into a hole with no PPE

You can smell it but it's not that bad just out of a rattlecan but I can't imagine gallons of the stuff, it'd be super dangerous dumping it in a confined space like that

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

trucutru posted:

Until now

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Grapplejack posted:

It's more that it's a perfect propaganda piece, because it hits every note the West has been pushing all at once. Russia bad, Russia racist, Jews in danger, Israel is the underdog. It's not surprising that it's been blasted everywhere

Particularly since apparently the SBU was involved somehow

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i don't think the foam would be that hard to get through, just need like one guy with wolverine claws to guard each tunnel

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

but where's saddam hiding?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Justin Tyme posted:

It offgasses irritating fumes during the cure process/reaction. It's generally not that hard to work with but again, that's in the context of like plugging an old vent hole and not a bunch of 18 year old reservists dumping gallons of it into a hole with no PPE

You can smell it but it's not that bad just out of a rattlecan but I can't imagine gallons of the stuff, it'd be super dangerous dumping it in a confined space like that

With the frequency of IDF accidents over the past few weeks, I can't imagine this goes off without a hitch.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

i imagine the foam is easier to dig through than the dirt they initially had to displace

And better insulting! You don't often get to thank the IDF, but it's rare that they'll willingly trade their eyesight for your comfort and convenience.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Hitler 2 is openly going to talk about the need to kill the hostages pretty soon. They've been taken over by the Hamas brain bug.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i don't think the foam would be that hard to get through, just need like one guy with wolverine claws to guard each tunnel

if they had a guy next to it he could just spread it around the tunnel interior with a shovel and use it to harden the tunnel

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Hatebag posted:

if they had a guy next to it he could just spread it around the tunnel interior with a shovel and use it to harden the tunnel

okay but that's not as cool as clearing it out in a berserker barrage?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

ive got a brilliant plan to defeat hamas, and the only way it can fail is if my opponent is very good at digging

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

The Russia airport thing is apparently the new hook, it's all over all the news sites

Oh, now the Western media is concerned about potential ethnic violence in the Caucuses?

Tough break for the Armenians.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Justin Tyme posted:

It's almost certainly just a bigass batch of expanding polyurethane foam that's used in construction, noone is going to write white papers about it because the stuff was invented decades ago and most scientists aren't using it or thinking about it in the context of pursuing a genocidal war of aggression

Also lol at an expanding foam being "nonlethal" I am not a chemist but I would think such a reaction would be exothermic and leave nasty burns

yeah but like a beanbag round is considered non lethal too

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

okay but that's not as cool as clearing it out in a berserker barrage?

you'll jam up your claw holes with polyurethane!

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
https://twitter.com/m7mdkurd/status/1718982214166204787

a very solid majority in favour of genocide

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the DSM-V will have to invent a whole new mental disorder called Stockholm syndrome 2 to explain this away

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Al-Saqr posted:

Israel is so terrible Peter Daou who was a member of the lebanese forces and a hillary clinton fanatic (who completely did an about turn during 2020 elections) hates israel now

https://x.com/peterdaou/status/1718761999021093366?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

absolutely loving garbage-tier modding.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Brendan Rodgers posted:

They figured out the "?????" ingredient in the Kiba Barrier from Rainbow Six Siege

the only thing that would stop is an iron deficiency

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Hezbollah is hitting IOF naval sites

Resistance News Network posted:

🟡🟢 Hezbollah:

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
"Permission [to fight] has been given to those who are being fought, because they were wronged. And indeed, Allah is competent to give them victory."
This is the Truth of Allah the Most High, the Almighty.

On Monday, 30-10-2023, at 3:00 PM the fighters of the Islamic Resistance targeted the technical equipment of the Ras al-Naqoura naval site with guided missiles, achieving direct hits.

"And victory is only from Allah, the Mighty, the Wise."

Monday, October 30, 2023
14 Rabi' Al-Thani, 1445 AH
(from t.me/PalestineResist/17408, via tgsa)

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

throw a spongebomb in the netanyahole

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Jonah Galtberg posted:

is israel actually overrated?

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011