Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I've learned from posters itt getting extremely mad at me that if your team is good then it's weird to have any sort of emotional reaction if they start making lots of stupid mistakes/play poorly.

We are supposed to remain perfectly zen and believe wholeheartedly in our team's inevitable victory. In fact, it's a waste of time to even watch games if your team is good, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Having finally caught Eagles highlights

Eagles offense is really really good when not turning the ball over. The Eagles bizarre Kenny Gainwell fetish cost them one but I have no idea what happened on the botched sneak. They ran the play the same as the last 1000 times but fumbled somehow. No good replays because its just a mass of dudes, but would have liked to see that

What causes the Eagles defense to short circuit against the Commies every single time? Howell's two best games have been vs the Eagles and only 1 sack is pathetic. Thank goodness for the blatant misfire pass for the INT, otherwise yowza.

Commies throwing on 4 and 1 at the end second half was insanely dumb. Just fall forward for the yard

I also don't understand how the Cowboys oscillate between amazing and poo poo. Hopefully its the poo poo version next week

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Howell is accurate on quick plays and can run

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah honestly Howell isn't the worst QB you could have by any means and I think Bienemy has done a pretty good job of crafting an offense around what he can and cannot do. Those of you hating on him are crazy imo, the real crime is that your defense is as bad as it is with a sack rate roughly equal to the Eagles.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

euphronius posted:

I wish it was by choice instead of the pocket disintegrating.

He's fun to watch and has tons of potential, I'm worried that he won't stay healthy though.

Seasons over. Take the time to continue working on pass accuracy and don't dive for firsts (except maybe when playing Dallas).

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Howell's two best games have been vs the Eagles and only 1 sack is pathetic.
For real, how was there only 1 sack today?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

beep by grandpa posted:

I've learned from posters itt getting extremely mad at me that if your team is good then it's weird to have any sort of emotional reaction if they start making lots of stupid mistakes/play poorly.

We are supposed to remain perfectly zen and believe wholeheartedly in our team's inevitable victory. In fact, it's a waste of time to even watch games if your team is good, really.

It's not being extremely mad its laughing at you guys bitching while our teams are complete trash dumpster fires. Philly fans are trash and don't deserve their team. You should revel in that but you don't, which makes it even worse.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I for one revel it in and lmao at danny dimes 100% of the time

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

euphronius posted:

The Giants didn't have many issues with that. Or the Bears

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Diqnol posted:

I for one revel it in and lmao at danny dimes 100% of the time

fwiw you're one of the good ones because whenever anyone says poo poo about Philly you just laugh at them which is 100% what you're supposed to do as a superior team towards inferior teams

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

It's not being extremely mad its laughing at you guys bitching while our teams are complete trash dumpster fires. Philly fans are trash and don't deserve their team. You should revel in that but you don't, which makes it even worse.

The only thing you all Agree on is being wrong about Dak Prescott

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

? I thought that was just you

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/PHLEaglesNation/status/1718831556079354023?t=

I hope these tweets do not foreshadow seeing this man's leg explode one day

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
How very normal and not at all worrying.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

I didn't see him take any major hits. What do you even do for an hour as treatment for a knee?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s a deep bruise I think so idk massage, heat and cold

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

blarzgh posted:

McCarthy calls his offense the "Texas Coast" offense because it coasts down to the red zone, and then settles for a field goal

In the offense is best performance of the season, Dallas called the highest percentage of pass plays on first down, the highest percentage of past plays overall, completed the most passes over the middle of the field as a percentage of target share, I had the shortest third down yardage on average

This is what the offense will look like when McCarthy stops trying to " Run the dang ball"

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Doltos posted:

Our? Our?

My team has won 10 games (no more than 10!) 3 times in the last 30 years. But yes, that’s why it’s infuriating to see Eagles fans unironically poo poo on their team.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Some very completely normal people itt reminding others exactly how much criticism and praise they are allowed to give a team before it sets them off again and again :laugh:

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish
I would like to clarify some comments I made recently regarding the Eagles. To start, the Eagles swear that criminals are merely social rebels. Despite the emphasis that it places on that asseveration, we all know that it’s a willful, malicious, and deliberate lie that serves only to prove that the Eagles extricate themselves from difficulty by intrigue, by chicanery, by dissimulation, by trimming, by an untruth, by an injustice. If the mass news media were actually in the business of covering news rather than molding public attitudes to cultivate networks of snitches and spies to ensure that any unity against the Eagles can immediately be nipped in the bud, they would clearly report that some people apparently believe that if we don’t bother the Eagles, the Eagles won’t bother us. The fallacy of that belief is th

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

I hate that the Cowboys are good enough that I'm going to be rooting for the Eagles this weekend but that's the NFC:East I guess.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I hate the Eagles very much and I think it would be just swell if the Cowboys could beat them on Sunday.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

beep by grandpa posted:

Some very completely normal people itt reminding others exactly how much criticism and praise they are allowed to give a team before it sets them off again and again :laugh:

You can post better than this.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I hate the Eagles very much and I think it would be just swell if the Cowboys could beat them on Sunday.

Same. I would get a tickle if my team is victorious on Sunday.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

I’m going in expecting the eagles to win but it would be very funny if they didn’t

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'd prefer the opposite but I do understand your position on the matter.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

3rd and 4th ranks of best NFCE qb on the line in the Dallas / eagles game

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

pro starcraft loser posted:

I didn't see him take any major hits. What do you even do for an hour as treatment for a knee?
Maybe ultrasound therapy which can take a bit of time. I had a plica injury and had to do a few sessions of it.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 30, 2023

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

shyduck posted:

Maybe ultrasound therapy which can take a bit of time. I had a plica injury and had to do a few sessions of it.

Oh! I thought euphronius had a good point too with a bruise because knee bruises loving hurt

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

There’s a trade offer in for Montez Sweat (from somebody). The offer is a 3rd that converts to a 2nd if he signs an extension. Take that poo poo and run!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

CapnAndy posted:

How very normal and not at all worrying.

Pretty banal stuff for a game played at FedEx field actually

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

pro starcraft loser posted:

Oh! I thought euphronius had a good point too with a bruise because knee bruises loving hurt
I mean it could be that too, ultimately who knows. I just remember having to deal with a plica injury I think I likely developed from running with those "barefoot" zero support running shoes. It was pretty aggravating but not debilitating. The material gets inflamed and out of place and can end up pinching in your joints. Not fun! I did 3-4 sessions of ultrasound and massage along with PT to get it resolved. This was 10ish years ago and it never came back

shyduck fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 30, 2023

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

:same:

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

I don't usually kinkshame, but this really is the kind of thing you should keep to yourself

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Sam Williams as punt gunner is wild to see. Now if he could just break out on the DLine.

https://twitter.com/GehlkenNFL/status/1719020826421280913?s=20

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1719009027852501374?t=qSAf2ofo2sjFc02ZkcC8lQ&s=19

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I really think things will be looking up for Washington in a few seasons. A real GM and a new coach are surely in the offing, and it seems we have a QB, for now, and we’ll be farther removed from the Snyder miasma, tho 20+ years of incompetence isn’t going to be erased overnight.

I’d like to see us move Chase Young and Jacoby Brissett before the trade deadline. Sweat can go if we actually get fair value. Need to stockpile as much draft ammunition as possible for the next regime

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
I thought it was really cool after Julio caught that TD how Smith and Brown went over and were celebrating as hard as if they'd caught it

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

NattyBo posted:

I really think things will be looking up for Washington in a few seasons. A real GM and a new coach are surely in the offing, and it seems we have a QB, for now, and we’ll be farther removed from the Snyder miasma, tho 20+ years of incompetence isn’t going to be erased overnight.
Any news as far as a new stadium? I think leaving that dump would be a major step.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

shyduck posted:

Any news as far as a new stadium? I think leaving that dump would be a major step.

Bowser is attempting to give Snyder the land where RFK Stadium currently is but afaik nothing has actually been inked yet.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

shyduck posted:

All 3 jurisdictions (DC, MD, VA) are now jockying to entice the team. DC is working to get the RFK site transferred from the federal govt. Current DC mayor is publicly courting the team.

In MD, governor is supportive & they’re offering the land next to FedEx and offering to build town center style developments around it or some such.

VA governor is supportive of bringing the team but VA always makes noise and I’m not sure anything would get through their legislature.

I think it’s fair to say every thinking WSH fan prefers a return to the city proper.

The new owners have been touring every NFL stadium the last few months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ayudo posted:

Sam Williams as punt gunner is wild to see. Now if he could just break out on the DLine.

https://twitter.com/GehlkenNFL/status/1719020826421280913?s=20

Big dude has wheels.