Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
For which system will you be getting Assassin's Creed: Mirage?
This poll is closed.
PC 14 18.67%
PS5 5 6.67%
XSX 3 4.00%
PS4 1 1.33%
XBO 1 1.33%
I am going wait for the Switch port 51 68.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

[Bravely shoving my offbrand 4MB Nintendo 64 expansion pack into the top loader]: Courage. Courage for our friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Why’s Nintendo the only one that gets it right? Feels like there are a ton of third party controller choices for thr switch. Sony locked it down with the PS4 and Xbox was always weird about it

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Ah, the "we're just defending you from making poor choices" argument. I feel like you don't see that as often with hardware.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

hatty posted:

Why’s Nintendo the only one that gets it right? Feels like there are a ton of third party controller choices for thr switch. Sony locked it down with the PS4 and Xbox was always weird about it

It's extra fun cause they release the hounds at a drop of the hat for any :filez: nonsense, but as long as you've bought the console they really don't give a rats what you use.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I really want a controller with a 10/10 dpad

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's also bad timing because Xbox was primed to court the FGC after announcing a new patch for Killer Instinct and people generally having unpleasant experiences with the PS5 hardware during EVO but nope, gently caress your fight sticks now.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

killer instinct? on snes?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

hatty posted:

Because theirs break the most

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Sega Dreamcast posted:

Microsoft about to have some PR fun :munch:
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1718780303467258008

Oh what's that? The price for official controllers is magically going to go up in the future? :munch:

Good job creating an instant pile of e-waste as well.

Monopolies ftw

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Mr Hootington posted:

Monopolies ftw

Mad Catz stays losing

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

wizard2 posted:

Mad Catz stays losing

quote:

As long as you're using a product from manufacturers that have officially paid for the Xbox license, you should be in the clear. Brands like Turtle Beach, Razer, and others featured on our Best Xbox Headsets and Best Xbox Controllers lists fall under this category and won't be affected by the recent change. Wireless headsets already need a security chip approved by Microsoft to incorporate wirelessness on Xbox, but it seems this is now being extended more broadly to controllers and similar accessories too.

They're probably fine, unless they didn't do that

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Man, I know it's not even past October yet but where I am there's a gentle snow falling and I've got a cup of coffee here and holy poo poo the urge to wrap myself up in a quilt and just play my switch in Christmas vacation mode is overpowering.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I came across https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...47-b1a841d69d95 while installing Windows Vista/7 games, seeing as how the Windows 10 games have advertising. The mintywhite.com link at the end worked, but OP never replied and may have died January 2013, 15 months before the final reply. Sad that Microsoft took this guy's Texas Hold 'Em away

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

galenanorth posted:

I came across https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...47-b1a841d69d95 while installing Windows Vista/7 games, seeing as how the Windows 10 games have advertising. The mintywhite.com link at the end worked, but OP never replied and may have died January 2013, 15 months before the final reply. Sad that Microsoft took this guy's Texas Hold 'Em away

:(

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Does 8bitdo controllers not work on Xbox now? Because those are mostly very good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they work

i think this is talking about unlicensed controllers which is mostly a) zero dollar poo poo you get off AliExpress, or b) enthusiast-level stuff which lets you connect your xbox to a flight simulator controller from 2006

the latter is definitely bad and has relevance to certain fighting game players but basically any third party controller you'd find in a store that says "works on xbox" is almost certainly licensed

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

bone emulator posted:

Does 8bitdo controllers not work on Xbox now? Because those are mostly very good.

At least on Amazon all the 8bitdo xbox controllers say they are officially licensed. I'm not sure what even is banned but the xbox thread said something called Cronus is likely going to get hit.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

History repeats... Cronus is overthrown by his son, xbox

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Zachack posted:

At least on Amazon all the 8bitdo xbox controllers say they are officially licensed. I'm not sure what even is banned but the xbox thread said something called Cronus is likely going to get hit.

the Cronus is kind of like a souped up turbo feature where it's a dongle that lets you add scripts and macros to do stuff faster than you'd be able to do with your hands

theres also stuff like the XIM which lets you use M+KB in FPS games where the aim assist is set up assuming everyone is on controllers

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Zachack posted:

I'm pretty sure none of the wireless ones work, because iirc MS only recently started licensing non-wired controllers.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Avatar out here looking like FPS Horizon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlZv-YMIeuA

Def feeling like a wait-and-see sorta game, as it doesn't look fully polished just yet.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what the gently caress kind of bending is that supposed to be

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/KaroshiMyriad/status/1718890269532414247?t=09QBM3cKANM7Y4Xa9S_oTA&s=19

Another one for the pile

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
More like 404 Game not found

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I love GaaS

Truly the Games of the Future

Cause you can't go back in the past and play them

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Nobody downloaded that game because they thought it was broken.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I can't believe some game I've never heard of despite reading game news and posting in games forums all the time didn't do well.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Saint Freak posted:

I can't believe some game I've never heard of despite reading game news and posting in games forums all the time didn't do well.

I googled to try to find information about it and all that came up was articles about it shutting down and articles from when it was announced.

Apparently it was by the guy who made Nier.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Yoko Taro one is Sinoalice, which is still going

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

stay tuned for my smash hit game: Website

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Given that this looks exactly like every cheap shovelware anime game I've ever ignored the ads for... I'm hardly shocked.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Waffleman_ posted:

That one's also ending by the start of next year. Although of all gacha games, a Yoko Taro based one is the one I'd actually want to nuke the gameout of existance, tis only fitting.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffleman_ posted:

Euro gamer says 404 Game Rest was Yoko Taro too

Muscle Tracer posted:

Given that this looks exactly like every cheap shovelware anime game I've ever ignored the ads for... I'm hardly shocked.

I like the girl on the right in the big puffy jacket, she looks cool.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yoko failo

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

that is the least legible video game title I have ever seen

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Feldegast42 posted:

Yoko_taro.txt

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Feldegast42 posted:

Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Feldegast42 posted:

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP1063-PPSA03042_00-VOIDTERRARIUMPS5

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Feldegast42 posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/368640/htoLNiQ_The_Firefly_Diary/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And in other 2023 trends, layoffs!

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1719049303564386486?t=Ve_qeWvvBRY8hmXyLtp8CQ&s=19