Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Apparently Suh has visited with the Ravens.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...alked-to-ravens

I'd rather not depend on another 30+ guy(in this case 36) even if we get him cheap. You have to think that Van Noy and Clowney, while playing well, might not be able to keep up their level of performance for a full season. That's why if we go defense we should trade for Burns. That will take the pressure off those guys and also the improved Oweh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Here we go steelers, here we go, ooh ooh

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

Apparently Suh has visited with the Ravens.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...alked-to-ravens

I'd rather not depend on another 30+ guy(in this case 36) even if we get him cheap. You have to think that Van Noy and Clowney, while playing well, might not be able to keep up their level of performance for a full season. That's why if we go defense we should trade for Burns. That will take the pressure off those guys and also the improved Oweh.

Dude looked in football shape when he showed up to the toddler soccer game a few months ago. When I say football shape I mean jacked with a notable limp.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

g'f

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Wonder what Derrick Henry is going to cost

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

https://x.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1717626943560900738?s=20

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

please don't say the E word, Todd

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

One thing I do like a lot about Monken is that when it's 3rd and long he doesn't run some stupid give-up play like a lot of our coordinators did in the past.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

just learned that the ravens fumbles are only tied for second in the league. who the hell has as many or more

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here's fumbles

here's fumbles lost

here's mvp

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

lol at the jaguars ratio

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

vikings having a cool one this year

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Fumble is such a perfect term, I love it

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
bengos are scary

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

brock

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Billy Jeans vs Trubisky TNF

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

a regular, run-of-the-mill weekend where the good AFCN teams won (Ravens, Bengals, Titans)

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Bengals have this division locked up.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
If all your wins are NFCW that really sus

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sole ownership of last place in divisional wins and conference wins. only team in the nfl with no in-conference wins

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

Bengals have this division locked up.

No the ravens are winning it and are hosting the titans in the wild card

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Can't say I feel terribly confident with our win given the upcoming schedule. Arizona has been frisky though and they are not really as bad as the record suggests.
We really need to make a move at the trade deadline. I liked the idea of looking for an RB, its not our weakest position but a Gus injury would really put us in a bind, and Hill still makes me nervous with mesh point fumbles.

I've noticed something with Lamar this year, he seems to be looking for a pass more when the play breaks down instead of rushing right away, but it almost seems to have swung TOO far in this direction - he gets sacked sometimes when he could have taken off.
The protection was kinda off this game so it was more noticeable, but I hope we find a good balance of keeping him as a rushing threat.

Metapod posted:

I would legit have PTSD if we faced the titans again in the playoffs

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

mightygerm posted:

I've noticed something with Lamar this year, he seems to be looking for a pass more when the play breaks down instead of rushing right away, but it almost seems to have swung TOO far in this direction - he gets sacked sometimes when he could have taken off.
The protection was kinda off this game so it was more noticeable, but I hope we find a good balance of keeping him as a rushing threat.

It would help if our receivers could get loving open or if we'd actually USE FLOWERS LIKE A loving WIDE RECEIVER AND NOT whatever we're using him as. I do not understand for the LIFE OF ME what we are doing with him.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Metapod posted:

oh God please no

mightygerm posted:

I think the fact that the grass/turf/whatever sucked rear end and kept making everyone slip had something to with it today

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

bengals

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mystic Stylez posted:

oh God please no

I think the fact that the grass/turf/whatever sucked rear end and kept making everyone slip had something to with it today

i want to agree but i'm starting to get mad at justice hill for how much that mf slips and falls down all the goddamn time

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

he has too much burst, speed, and vision to be bad, but his loving fumbles and his stumbles are just pissing me off

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mystic Stylez posted:

oh God please no

Billy Jeans is coming for yall

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Kawalimus, Odell has 0 touchdowns this season. Why does Lamar hate him like Baker hated him to spite him and not give him looks?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

that’s correct

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Gatts posted:

Kawalimus, Odell has 0 touchdowns this season. Why does Lamar hate him like Baker hated him to spite him and not give him looks?

He doesn't get any separation. Our WRs have three total TDs this year. Marquise Brown has 4 now.

We should use Flowers more like a receiver and have Bateman be our guy we give it to and try to make YAC if we do that. We also have Duvernay who has been solid at that. I like some of what Monken has done but just like normal OCs he does not get the most out of the receiving talent. Not that it's that great but we can do a little more with them. So I have to think some of it is from Harbaugh himself.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Oct 30, 2023

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

A beacon for the liars and blind.
Michael Pierce had second breakfast.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Bengals/Bills should be a lot of fun.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Bengals/Bills should be a lot of fun.

I am rooting for a game where the broadcasters never have to say what kind of trauma center that UC hospital is.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Diontae Johnson:

“The refs were killing us the whole game.”
“They were calling some stupid stuff.”
“They should get fined for making terrible calls and stuff like that.”
“(The Jaguars) were getting every little call.”
“Everything was in (the Jaguars’) favor.”
“(The officials) wanted (the Jaguars) to win.”
“(The officials) must have gotten paid well today.”

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Steelers are so whiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I watched that whole horrible game and only remember one bad RTP call on the Steelers