Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tai posted:

lol the Russian 10 year bond keeps on climbing

So number go up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Actually the ability to weaponize Twitter is amazing. Just wait until Your Posting Enemy links a tweet then comment on it on Twitter with a gore video, pop back here and report them.

Bam, ban+30. If they fall for it again, they might even get perma'd.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Rust Martialis posted:

Actually the ability to weaponize Twitter is amazing. Just wait until Your Posting Enemy links a tweet then comment on it on Twitter with a gore video, pop back here and report them.

Bam, ban+30. If they fall for it again, they might even get perma'd.

Switching to screencaps is most likely mandatory precaution in the future.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

speng31b posted:

you can't actually moderate this in a punishment capacity because the comments are always changing (new ones added) & reordering. My personal stance as an IK is if someone in the thread posts something like "holy poo poo dont scroll in the comments of this tweet!!!" i will edit the post to make sure people indeed don't do that.

However you can't actually punish people for this stuff as long as tweets are legal. I'd place a wager that almost basically any tweet that has been posted about this kind of subject matter, if you scroll in the comments at one point or another, has some horrific stuff. It is a pretty good argument for banning tweets entirely from threads about thorny subject matter and allowing screencaps only. But until then you can't annihilate posters for it.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Let's not start breaking rule 2 everyone. The SAD discussion may be relevant to this thread but let's not derail into probe territory. However to my knowledge it is mostly aimed at discussion elsewhere of the I/P conflict because as far as I'm aware we have been on good behavior lately.

This goes without saying but don't post death videos! Screen cap is probably safest, and it's doubtful that the veracity of captures will be contested. And if they are there are usually other sources to prove wether events did or did not happen which are less volatile than tweets.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Der Kyhe posted:

That should be done anyway. gently caress posting twitter links expecting others to visit that garbage site. In fact it should be a thread rule to either screencap or copypaste the text in any tweetpost.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

weg posted:

Let's not start breaking rule 2 everyone. The SAD discussion may be relevant to this thread but let's not derail into probe territory. However to my knowledge it is mostly aimed at discussion elsewhere of the I/P conflict because as far as I'm aware we have been on good behavior lately.

No, it's going to be a site wide thing. Doesn't matter if it's war gore, sports gore, work place gore etc.

I posted it more so to get awareness to it as SAD isn't read by everyone so people aren't caught out. And also to pop over to SAD to read/post.

Spengs post I quoted is a good stance imo

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Still scratching my head about the concept of a my little pony mod for a war game.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The rule change shouldn't affect anyone ITT unless they're extremely stupid

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Dead Sex-Parrot posted:

Still scratching my head about the concept of a my little pony mod for a war game.

anime and sex mods are the scuttling pests of modding everywhere, and every single game with any modding scene has some. its like being surprised that a grand hotel has bedbugs

my little pony counts as anime

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Shinjobi posted:

The rule change shouldn't affect anyone ITT unless they're extremely stupid

oh no

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:negative:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

anime and sex mods are the scuttling pests of modding everywhere, and every single game with any modding scene has some. its like being surprised that a grand hotel has bedbugs

my little pony counts as anime

This reminds me one of the potential new admins was immediately outed as running a Riven, the sequel to Myst, rape roleplay discord and got permabanned. Goldmine link for anybody interested: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027368

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

So number go up?

Yeah which isn't a good thing. 10 year bonds are what the rest of the world thinks about your economy. It's the go to place to see the state of a countries economy and the confidence everyone else has about it. Number steadily increasing is not good.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

bad_fmr posted:

That should be done anyway. gently caress posting twitter links expecting others to visit that garbage site. In fact it should be a thread rule to either screencap or copypaste the text in any tweetpost.

Counterpoint, gently caress no that's more work than posting deserves

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Der Kyhe posted:

TBF I am all for this anyway because gently caress Elon

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

EorayMel posted:

This reminds me one of the potential new admins was immediately outed as running a Riven, the sequel to Myst, rape roleplay discord and got permabanned. Goldmine link for anybody interested: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027368

What is this fresh hell of a rabbit hole that you have drawn me into..

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Gejnor posted:

What is this fresh hell of a rabbit hole that you have drawn me into..

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

HonorableTB posted:

Counterpoint, gently caress no that's more work than posting deserves

If it makes you to stop simply dumping garbage twitter links in the thread then it is a sacrifice well made.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

bad_fmr posted:

If it makes you to stop simply dumping garbage twitter links in the thread then it is a sacrifice well made.

Getting a set of curated plausible(ish) front line rumors and items that haven't yet reached the main stream newsworthiness from social media from both sides of the frontline is the best content of this thread, always has been. Otherwise its just wanking about and poo poo jokes.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Sure. Just take 5 extra seconds to copypaste them or screenshot instead of pasting twitter links which require the readers to wade into the muskovite website to actually read. Espescially if the comments are relevant since they cannot even be seen these days without logging in.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

bad_fmr posted:

Sure. Just take 5 extra seconds to copypaste them or screenshot instead of pasting twitter links which require the readers to wade into the muskovite website to actually read. Espescially if the comments are relevant since they cannot even be seen these days without logging in.

Just log in you baby

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Dead Sex-Parrot posted:

the way my little pony took over the universe for a few years still does my head in

never forget fallout equestria

or preferably do, god help me i've tried

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

spankmeister posted:

Just log in you baby

I dont even have a twitter account :smuggo:

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

bad_fmr posted:

:agreed:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

hell, same

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

bad_fmr posted:

:emptyquote:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Lol at all the performative anti-twitter circlejerking when it's by and away the best source of news on the ground since we can't have telegram embeds

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

HonorableTB posted:

Lol at all the performative anti-twitter circlejerking when it's by and away the best source of news on the ground since we can't have telegram embeds

didn’t you take a month off specifically because of this?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Dead Sex-Parrot posted:

It's so people can empathize more.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dead Sex-Parrot posted:

because reasons apperently.

Blistex posted:

It's so people can empathize more.

You can create a pretty totalterian pony land of have it explode into a syria style civil war.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

bad_fmr posted:

it should be a thread forum rule to either screencap or copypaste the text in any tweetpost.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Get telegram embeds to work and then we can talk

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Big whiny energy ITT from Twitter loving muskheads imo

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

spankmeister posted:

Get telegram embeds to work and then we can talk

I'm not the computer toucher

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1719091390913675306?s=20

I don't think he's willing to negotiate, guys.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Only if we get functionality to directly place images from the clipboard directly into posts.

From my other post, I think this solidifies we've entered the Protocols zone.

Oscar Wilde Bunch fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Oct 30, 2023

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

https://yle.fi/a/74-20054074 "Putin: West caused the war in Gaza - Russia is fighting the same enemy in Ukraine"

if this isn't a proof that the current situation in Israel wasn't planned and funded as a distraction by Russia et al. I don't know what is.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Karma Comedian posted:

I'm not the computer toucher

If Jeff and the admin team start actually caring for this place to implement changes, otherwise it's a waste of effort. (See: the imgur project)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Der Kyhe posted:

https://yle.fi/a/74-20054074 "Putin: West caused the war in Gaza - Russia is fighting the same enemy in Ukraine"

if this isn't a proof that the current situation in Israel wasn't planned and funded as a distraction by Russia et al. I don't know what is.

I seriously doubt Russia has the means and capability to do such a thing. Iran on the other hand...