Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Didn't the mom literally talk to raver lady when she was being held by Hamas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

stumblebum posted:

it's going to stop with the palestinians when the palestinians defeat the settler state of israel

Thats right. I’m just saying that for the benefit of anyone who thinks some sort of ceasefire or peace can be brokered, or that some sort of negotiation is still possible.

It isn’t.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It is seriously crazy seeing huge headlines about this one German girl from the rave when there are thousands of Gazans dying right now.

It is about as expected as the sun rising in the morning.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

israel is pincered by hundreds of millions of people that hate it from the north, south and east, and is only being held together by the whims of ~1000 politicians and donors from the west. Its demise is inevitable, mercifully.

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It is seriously crazy seeing huge headlines about this one German girl from the rave when there are thousands of Gazans dying right now.

She was attractive so people care more.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

apatheticman posted:

OK but have you considered that she died from gunfire at the rave so it isn't Israel's fault when her body is found among the rubble

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

:hmmyes: Israel should unconditionally surrender to Hamas

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

apatheticman posted:

i dont think so, but she did say to journalists that she received news that her daughter was still alive a few days after the rave, so who knows

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Ardennes posted:

the longer this goes on, the cost for Israel is going to be greater. They are going to have to put more and more reservists who have no idea what they are doing into urban combat. The Israeli middle class/liberals are fully into this thing right now, but the question is when the total starts adding up and the question becomes who has to go into the meat grinder after the professionals.

besides the military cost, the economic cost is also huge and growing. the dollar has risen significantly against the nis, which means huge price increases on everything that's imported. that's on top of a significant part of the work force becoming unavailable either do to people getting called to the reserves or due to security limitations shutting down workplaces.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
"forces of civilization versus forces of barbarism"

hamas fires barbaric rockets whereas we fire civilized rockets

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

this Hitler 2 guy fuckin sucks

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's simple:

German girl = person, likely young, attractive and photogenic. Oh she was such a special girl, had such a bright future ahead, ah the tragedy. etc. You've heard this tale many times before.

Gazans = not people, animals, scum, vermin etc. Snarl hiss. More bombs. No, try bombs with white phosphor. Gas? Do we have any nerve gas bombs?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

bespoke western civilizational missiles vs barbaric mass-produced middle-eastern Hamas rockets

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Nail Rat posted:

I got a probe in the d&d thread for posting about posting, but the posting I was casting in a bad light was pro Israel "Oct 7 is all that matters" posting about posting. That thread is like 80% "but what about Oct 7" now at least by post volume if not posters

We will never stop hearing about October 7 because that was the last time anybody believed in Israel's self-aggrandizing lies. Most importantly Israel itself abandoned them.

The morning of October 7, they had:
An invincible iron dome
The UN by the balls
The (grudging) respect of the world
Palestine under control
Top shelf Starship Troopers IDF, complete with special forces!
Enough comfort to rave by the prison walls
Some level of trust with the international community
Plauable genocide deniability
A premiere intelligence network
A billion dollar fence
An iron grip on messaging and functional propaganda
America's full military a phone call away

Each of those assets, in the course of one day, were revealed to have been flimsy stage props all along.

But Israel can't acknowledge any failures existed before October 7th because where could they even stop? The tree is rotten to the roots.

Its defenders will blame October 7th for changing everything. Nothing changed on that day. On that day they had the same arrogant, hateful leadership, weaknesses, and fragile toys they did on the day, week, month, and year before.

They've spent every day between 1948 and October 6th 2023 building that house of cards. There is no way they'll fill that checklist again in our lifetime.

gently caress that's a lot of words, sorry

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

double nine posted:

bespoke western civilizational missiles vs barbaric mass-produced middle-eastern Hamas rockets

West european-ishly: Middle eastern? That's extra barbaric!

(gasps, drops tea cup)

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Orange Devil posted:

Hamas just killing every tier one operator on the planet is not a thing I saw coming.

I thank them for their service and suggest we send in the Australians next.

Gaza is Dust2

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Homocow posted:

"forces of civilization versus forces of barbarism"

hamas fires barbaric rockets whereas we fire civilized rockets

it's why they're called smart bombs :smuggo:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Thats right. I’m just saying that for the benefit of anyone who thinks some sort of ceasefire or peace can be brokered, or that some sort of negotiation is still possible.

It isn’t.

It's impossible now that Israel has destroyed more than half of Gaza and its infrastructure. There's nothing left to go back to. There is no “return to normal.” It's fight or die time, and Palestine WILL win.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I'm still having trouble with the whole random skull fragment DNA test poo poo and am expecting her to turn up alive in a month or two tbh

The light standards for evidence and incredible lack of skepticism always seems to come around when we're justifying a war of aggression on civilians and this conflict is no exception

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

If the Nordstream pipeline “mysteriously exploded” to remind the Europeans there would be no peace with Russia, who is to say all of Israel’s non-military airports couldn’t also “mysteriously explode” to remind the Israeli people that taking one step back is no longer permitted.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Judgy Fucker posted:

I like my babies like my IDF wins: rare

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Clip-On Fedora posted:

If the Nordstream pipeline “mysteriously exploded” to remind the Europeans there would be no peace with Russia, who is to say all of Israel’s non-military airports couldn’t also “mysteriously explode” to remind the Israeli people that taking one step back is no longer permitted.

If there were infrastructure attacks I think they'd be on power plants and desalination plants. Israel has very serious water supply issues and is reliant on those assets for potable water.

I just assume blowing up a water reclaimation plant isn't a very sexy target so not likely.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1718712166763700288

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

:hmmyes: Israel should unconditionally surrender to Hamas

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I'm tired of hearing about this one white girl.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

keep punching joe posted:

The IDF bombed her.

Jizzny Princess
Aug 24, 2021

WHILE YOU WERE LEARNING TO SPELL YOUR NAME,
I WAS BEING TRAINED TO CONQUER GALAXIES
UwU
https://twitter.com/anthonyzenkus/status/1719071536567447759

No wonder the USA supports this genocide, there's oil under Gaza and West Bank!

Also explains why Israel wants to kill every palestinian. There is no way they want them to have a penny of any oil money.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Watching some clips of the marches and In all the Israel "marches" around the world, they all seem extremely white and middle class while all the Palestinian ones are like very much more a cross section of society.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

keep punching joe posted:

As a conventionally attractive white woman you will hear about her death and the obscene speculation on how she died for the next thirty to fifty years tbh

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

People outside of the Ukraine thread may not know that by far the more popular proposal for a Jewish homeland was Galicia - the region in Western Ukraine where Ukrainian nationalism and all of the figures being rehabilitated in the western media recently, come from.

This connects to what others were saying about the Polish interwar government and others supporting Irgun and the Stern Gang, there were conflicting nationalisms in Central and Eastern Europe. The same impulses that led to the creation of Israel led to the eradication of the European Jewry by the collaborators and perpetrators who shared the region with them.

Until this generation, Galitzianers were an identifiable community within Israel and the diaspora which retained a lot of their more progressive social beliefs and a conception of a Jewish community within a multinational and/or multicultural state.

Imagine what would have happened to a Soviet-created state like this in 1990. The Yugoslav wars on ten times the scale.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

I mean they do say that

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

DancingShade posted:

If there were infrastructure attacks I think they'd be on power plants and desalination plants. Israel has very serious water supply issues and is reliant on those assets for potable water.

I just assume blowing up a water reclaimation plant isn't a very sexy target so not likely.

I’m not talking about destroying infrastructure. I’m talking about the US or Likud diehards ordering the destruction of any means if fleeing the country once things start going really bad in order to force people to stand and fight.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
reading Avi Shlaim's Iron Wall and came across this speech from 1956 by the head of the IDF talking about a kibbutznik who was murdered by Arabs (wikipedia even calls this speech the Israeli gettysburg address lol):

quote:

Let us not today fling accusations at the murderers. What cause have we to complain about their fierce hatred for us? For eight years now, they sit in their refugee camps in Gaza, and before their eyes we turn into our homestead the land and villages in which they and their forefathers have lived. ... We are a generation of settlers, but without the steel helmet and the gun barrel, we shall not be able to plant a tree or build a house. ... Let us not be afraid to see the hatred that accompanies and consumes the lives of hundreds of thousands of Arabs who sit all around us and await the moment when their hatred will be able to reach our blood. Let us not avert our gaze, for it will weaken our hand.

if you want to know why arabs hate israel, take it from the horse's mouth

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Imagine what would have happened to a state like this in 1990. The Yugoslav wars on ten times the scale.

That's a good point. Brussels having ironclad support behind both Israel and the people who would carry out pogroms if Israel was in Eastern Europe is strange.
Does anyone remember how many Israeli citizens were killed in Ukraine in the first two weeks of the war as suspected Russian Saboteurs?

In any case, Israel is obviously internally unstable as well.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

my pen-palestinian says all this stuff is no bueno

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Confusedslight posted:

Watching some clips of the marches and In all the Israel "marches" around the world, they all seem extremely white and middle class while all the Palestinian ones are like very much more a cross section of society.

Supporting a genocide? In this economy?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Calibanibal posted:

my pen-palestinian says all this stuff is no bueno

it's so cool that they speak three languages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

she also said "PS please send fertilizer and metal tubes" so i guess im going to home depot