Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Yeah there's only one class whose gameplan is forever supposed to be "get to fatigue, play one card and win" and that's Priest. Except of course that half the time Blizzard forgets to print the "play one card" part, and also why can Priest never have an actual loving wincon Blizzard? This set is pure dogshit for the class unless there's a neutral legendary we're still waiting on, it's all overpriced value generators.

Honestly though CNE isn't a terrible card, it's just that the class has a half-dozen better ways to win. Why jump through the deckbuilding hoops of CNE when you have a reasonable combo deck, a reasonable swing-out deck, and a reasonable "I am inevitable" deck already?

orangelex44 fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I can play prison of yogg for 7 and it would likely accomplish the same effect. So dismayed.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
if druid didn't exist i think post-nerf jailer would have been totally fine without the "destroy your deck" effect

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Cne is terrible because, as you would expect from a three rune card, it is three different effects tacked onto one card but the card costs 10 friggin mana so there’s no way to leverage those effects into the one you really want. It’s a mid game card that is trying to be a finale.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
CNE was also kinda gimped because good corpse spenders were pretty limited. Maybe Maw and Paw and the 3-mana "spend up to 8 corpses, get a random minion" spell will help with that. I'll definitely try slotting that into a rainbow excavate deck and be sad that it sucks.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

kater posted:

Cne is terrible because, as you would expect from a three rune card, it is three different effects tacked onto one card but the card costs 10 friggin mana so there’s no way to leverage those effects into the one you really want. It’s a mid game card that is trying to be a finale.

CNE's time to shine is in Duels right now, there's a strong and fun Scarlet deck that makes good use of it. by making it cost way less, lol

Edit: I just got a 'Welcome to Festival of Legends, start playing with ETC now!' popup when I logged in. Weird.

Sloppy fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 27, 2023

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Sloppy posted:

CNE's time to shine is in Duels right now, there's a strong and fun Scarlet deck that makes good use of it. by making it cost way less, lol

Edit: I just got a 'Welcome to Festival of Legends, start playing with ETC now!' popup when I logged in. Weird.

That happened to me too.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Did they botch the patch or something? I got a login banner just saying some hunter cards were nerfed. Then my refundable cards were symphony of sins which I thought got nerfed last time but not this? And yogg is not fully refundable?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

GTO posted:

Did they botch the patch or something? I got a login banner just saying some hunter cards were nerfed. Then my refundable cards were symphony of sins which I thought got nerfed last time but not this? And yogg is not fully refundable?

Worked for me after I did the update on my PC.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

I quit and reloaded and got the real update. Still managed to get the full dust refund on symphony of sins and a few other cards though.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

GTO posted:

This happened to me last balance patch just log back out and back in and everything's where it should be

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That azurite snake makes excavate warlock very interesting

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's pretty disgusting, especially if you can bounce it and use it again. I suspect getting more than 1 a game is going to be quite rare though

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
You can do 20 on turn ten with celestial projectionist or the new 2 mana bounce panda. If the meta allows for turn 10 there’s enough redundancy that it could be pretty consistent

Firebert fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Oct 28, 2023

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Between the snake, the trains, and the sludge warlock looks to have a lot of fun stuff this expansion

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
It looks like dragon druid is getting pushed hard. That's cool with me, I loved playing dragon priest a few years ago

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

skaboomizzy posted:

It looks like dragon druid is getting pushed hard. That's cool with me, I loved playing dragon priest a few years ago

Agreed, I’m excited to see another strong dragon deck

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Whatthefuck?
Requires 4 excavates though, so I guess it's ok...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Also Mage excavates are incredibly slow

Ol' Limber Legs
Nov 20, 2002

PLEASE KILL ME NOW
dear god, I finally actually hit (wild) Legend

only took me what, almost 6 years? I can quit the game now, right? RIGHT?

Gotta give credit to Desert Bus’s deck building skills... "Beasty Boys" did most of the work and got me over the finish line.

### Beasty boys
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (0) Serpentbloom
# 2x (1) Alleycat
# 2x (1) Awakening Tremors
# 2x (1) Springpaw
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (2) Starving Buzzard
# 1x (3) Acidmaw
# 1x (3) Dreadscale
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 2x (3) Master's Call
# 2x (5) Shadehound
# 2x (5) Tundra Rhino
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 2x (6) Hollow Hound
# 1x (6) Hope of Quel'Thalas
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 1x (8) Stranglethorn Heart
#
AAEBAda+BQbJFMoU25EE57kEsJMF0/gFDLsF2QnquwKghQOkiAOizgPm7gOU/AODyATA7QSP5AXI9gUAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Ol' Limber Legs fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Oct 30, 2023

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Ol' Limber Legs posted:

dear god, I finally actually hit (wild) Legend

only took me what, almost 6 years? I can quit the game now, right? RIGHT?

Gotta give credit to Desert Bus’s deck building skills... "Beasty Boys" did most of the work and got me over the finish line.

Thanks! I used the same thing to hit Legend this time around. It's fun and it wins. (Also your link was broken)

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Why is Desert Nestmatron not a mech?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

kater posted:

Huh?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

kater posted:

this took me a second

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I have to admit that I’m totally baffled by the design direction of Demon Hunter over the past year. After getting a Titans set that was basically a big pile of nothing, the Showdown set is half dedicated to an archetype that, even if it works, is going to immediately collapse once Sunken City rotates, and half generic utility cards that don’t really congeal into anything in particular. Even their Highlander card is a disruption effect (and one whose power level I find difficult to judge) rather than something you can proactively build around. Meanwhile, all of their existing powerful packages — Relics, empty hand, big Demons, Outcast, and spell — rotate in April, along with their most powerful defensive tool, Unleash Fel. I know S’theno and Sinful Brand burned you pretty bad, guys, but DH in April may end up as weak as any class has ever been.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I don't think naga's going to collapse as hard as people think it's going to, if only because naga is a full tribe and at minimum there's going to be a handful of new nagas and all the small Demon Hunter spells that synergize with the standard naga playstyle. Still, DH and Death Knight are both in a weird spot where they came out swinging with some overpowered stuff, but (nearly) every expansion past their launch has had them be a janky mess where they don't get any ideas that aren't the devs' most half-baked card package concepts. I'd call it another sign of Hearthstone's decline, but there's always been classes with long streaks of consistently bad packages. DH and Death Knight just have class identities they don't know what they're doing with.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I feel like naga will always be relevant in DH just because they are so closely entwined with class fantasy/Illidan. It’s not just gonna be a one-off thing like the naga support in mage or hunter.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

bravesword posted:

I have to admit that I’m totally baffled by the design direction of Demon Hunter over the past year. After getting a Titans set that was basically a big pile of nothing, the Showdown set is half dedicated to an archetype that, even if it works, is going to immediately collapse once Sunken City rotates, and half generic utility cards that don’t really congeal into anything in particular. Even their Highlander card is a disruption effect (and one whose power level I find difficult to judge) rather than something you can proactively build around. Meanwhile, all of their existing powerful packages — Relics, empty hand, big Demons, Outcast, and spell — rotate in April, along with their most powerful defensive tool, Unleash Fel. I know S’theno and Sinful Brand burned you pretty bad, guys, but DH in April may end up as weak as any class has ever been.

unfort. poo poo's been going downhill for a bit, and they've got a massive card pool now, introduced some crazy and messy keywords (wish discover was never a thing), and there's been turnover. now with the merger complete, microsoft is prolly going to do some real cost cutting err i mean streamlining so it's only gonna get worse from here.

the macrotransctions poo poo that has been going on with d4, cod, etc. has been really awful so even more is prolly headed to hs.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

edit: you know what forget it

peer fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Oct 31, 2023

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it has been almost a decade since discover was introduced to hearthstone

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Also, discover is one of the best mechanics, they just really overused it.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

With the Gunslinger Kurtrus reveal and someone on the BG Discord calling him Kurt it just clicked with me that his whole name is one of Blizzard's pop culture references.

KURTRUS aShfaLLEn. (transpose the E 2 places left)

They played the long game here.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Just realized some of those DH spells are really good with Jotun.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Navaash posted:

With the Gunslinger Kurtrus reveal and someone on the BG Discord calling him Kurt it just clicked with me that his whole name is one of Blizzard's pop culture references.

KURTRUS aShfaLLEn. (transpose the E 2 places left)

They played the long game here.

I don’t get it

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Kurt Russell.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

remember 7-mana sprint? here it is now

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i'm out of touch with hearthstone templating, can you cast that on an empty board/without targetting a friendly minion?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

flatluigi posted:

i'm out of touch with hearthstone templating, can you cast that on an empty board/without targetting a friendly minion?

Nah you can't use target a minion cards on an empty board.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Did Reynad ever end up releasing that card game he was working on forever ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Excavate Rogue looks like it’ll be fun

peer posted:

remember 7-mana sprint? here it is now

Yeah this looks like one of the cases of too much draw