Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

WhyteRyce posted:

not to pile on Rick but I'm very confused why the Lakers decided to spam DLo shots when the Kings had Harrison Barnes guarding Anthony Davis for the rest of the game

or why Rui and Wood were both banished to the bench after they were torching the Kings

I think the idea was to get Fox out of the game since he has 5 fouls and D’Angelo had been drawing fouls successfully in the fourth. Live by the D’Lo, die by the D’Lo.

The Rui/Wood thing is not an answer I have. I dunno, it’s October and coaches try weird poo poo in October, and Ham is a weird poo poo trier in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

no, he was saying hoos will not replace us

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Herr Jordan

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

It’s the same Duke as the villains in Harlan County USA though

Gross. I really didn’t want to look up if I was wrong somehow, but I had a feeling there was a 99% chance that Duke was still related to some sort of racist or evil group anyways

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I'm old so I'm UNC. But come on, can you fault me.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

The Maestro posted:

Gross. I really didn’t want to look up if I was wrong somehow, but I had a feeling there was a 99% chance that Duke was still related to some sort of racist or evil group anyways

yeah thats where the duke basketball team is

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
You all are speaking him going to Duke in to existing, did LaVar teach you nothing?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
I've got to see those Cup Courts on TV before judging because it really seems like they are all going to be awful in practice. Just a whole lot of solid color.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

For the record, the guy competing with cooper flagg for the number one pick in the 2025 draft is carlos boozer’s son. I know who I’m rooting for

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The Maestro posted:

Nobody told him there’s no relation to David Duke

Technically no, but spiritually yes.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Maestro posted:

wikipedia posted:

James Buchanan Duke (December 23, 1856 – October 10, 1925) was an American tobacco and electric power industrialist best known for the introduction of modern cigarette manufacture and marketing,[1] and his involvement with Duke University. He was the founder of the American Tobacco Company in 1890.

Potentially one of the worst humans to ever exist

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

Rick posted:

You all are speaking him going to Duke in to existing, did LaVar teach you nothing?

He is going to duke, he announced today

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

uggy posted:

Are NIL deals public info? Any way to know what he is getting paid to go there?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

uggy posted:

Ohhh…I thought it was fake, I can’t keep up.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Jesus Christ. Welcome to Boston

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Never seen a BB IQ this high, kid plays The Right Way

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
spooky

https://twitter.com/PelsUniTracker/status/1719030127470813473?s=20

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like that skelican. it reminds me of november 1994 to february of 1997. after that them sort of things didn't go around as much

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

Algund Eenboom posted:

For the record, the guy competing with cooper flagg for the number one pick in the 2025 draft is carlos boozer’s son. I know who I’m rooting for

Boozer is the 2025 draft class, Flagg is now 2024 draft class

Flagg seems like one of the best hs us prospects in a bit unfortunately

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

morestuff posted:

This guy has the worst vibes of any prospect I've ever seen

Oh no hahahhahaha

Much smarter than going to g league and getting smothered by poo poo spacing and random rear end roster decisions. duke will build around him at least

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

morestuff posted:

This guy has the worst vibes of any prospect I've ever seen

his nickname's KKK Reddick? thats unfortunate

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

uggy posted:

Boozer is the 2025 draft class, Flagg is now 2024 draft class

Flagg seems like one of the best hs us prospects in a bit unfortunately

No he's not. 2024 is the next draft class. Flag is in HS right now and won't qualify for the 2024 draft. College bball already started so he's at Duke next year.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Coo...mobile&ie=UTF-8

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug

Athanatos posted:

I've got to see those Cup Courts on TV before judging because it really seems like they are all going to be awful in practice. Just a whole lot of solid color.

As a Blazers fan: TV broadcasts don’t like huge blocks of red, the color doesn’t get brought over accurately at all, looks kind of blobby. I’m curious what all of those red courts are going to look like.

When they said fancy courts were going to be created, I didn’t really think it would be this, I thought a little more effort would have been put into the design.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Good lord that is the Dukiest thing I've ever seen and I once met Christian Laettner

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

humpthewind posted:

Are NIL deals public info? Any way to know what he is getting paid to go there?

His NIL deals are with Koch Industries and Harlan Crow.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

That’s my PG

https://twitter.com/MattGeorgeSAC/status/1718812009289142502?s=20

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Cooper flagg is by far the best american player in his age cohort and is not dukey at all. Comes from normal family in maine.
Hopefully they dont damage him during his years

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

He declared he's going to Duke so he is very dookie

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Cooper Flagg, Randall Flagg, Maine, Duke, it's all connected by the dark tower

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
cooper flagg

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Cooper has a twin brother named Ace who also plays basketball. but not as well

In NBA News, https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1719120513539162546

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

The Maestro posted:

Nobody told him there’s no relation to David Duke

speaking of, does david duke jr still play for the nets?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/1719074205692531011
Luka averaged 41 pts, 11.5 reb, and 8.5 assists that "week".

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

thats not 13.0 rebounds tho

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

fart simpson posted:

thats not 13.0 rebounds tho

Points are more important than rebounds.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Rebounds represent potential points, including threes. So if you get a bunch of dunks and layups, a rebound might have more potential.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

a new study bible! posted:

Rebounds represent potential points, including threes. So if you get a bunch of dunks and layups, a rebound might have more potential.

You don't win games off of potential points, you win them off actual points.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

this is the first week in the history of me watching basketball that i knew who won those awards. i was secretly thinking that jokic played ten to fifteen times better than luka but now its been confirmed as officially true and i dont have to live a lie anymore. thank you

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

jokic won 3 games and luka only won 2 games and that's the most important stat of them all as it pertains to winning games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Spacebump posted:

You don't win games off of potential points, you win them off actual points.

Idk about that