Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It's a pub rite of passage when playing against goons, too.
During the last /all return in 2020 I exclusively played the Lefh.
Telling people "nice catch!" or asking why they don't "just drive away so I can't hit you" when I know too-well they're permastunned by the HE induced what I assume to be a slew of chat bans, given the colourful replies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Khablam posted:

It's a pub rite of passage when playing against goons, too.
During the last /all return in 2020 I exclusively played the Lefh.
Telling people "nice catch!" or asking why they don't "just drive away so I can't hit you" when I know too-well they're permastunned by the HE induced what I assume to be a slew of chat bans, given the colourful replies.

:allears:

I miss all chat.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Clearly I need to become independently wealthy to afford all these premiums that're constantly on sale.

E: Poland I am begging you to have better fake tanks.

https://i.imgur.com/k0IK1qC.mp4

Orv fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Oct 26, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

An hour of this poo poo and I'm once again seriously asking myself why I play this loving game anymore.

Literally every game is a loving 15-3 steamroll where half of one team do one shot of damage or none, and it's over in two minutes.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 26, 2023

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

That's a very good question to be asking yourself.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

That's a very good question to be asking yourself.

:hmmyes:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Please explain how it makes a bit of loving sense that I am fourth

- most damage
- most kills
- last to survive

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It's mostly about how much juice you bring to the generator.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

It's mostly about how much juice you bring to the generator.

But there's a limit to how much you can bring in, and if someone beats you to it you're just screwed I guess?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Maybe the Top 3 there have Double Secret Probation Premium?

(extremely unlikely, I know)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Great night for a loving win 4 daily.

Our Kranvagn camped in A1 and managed to empty a clip into the enemies as they rushed him at 14-2.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

But there's a limit to how much you can bring in, and if someone beats you to it you're just screwed I guess?

Yes.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

awesome design

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

World of Tanks:

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

awesome design

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Losing 15-3 over and over is fun. I swear it's been a bloodbath since my premium expired.

I was almost discouraged enough to quit again and then I blindshot killed an Even 90 by shooting a bush with HE on Lakeville and it released enough dopamine to my lizard brain that I will keep playing for a while.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Losing 15-3 over and over is fun. I swear it's been a bloodbath since my premium expired.

Literally 90% of the games these days are 15-3 one way. It's not a premium thing, that's just some loving Claus Kellerman tinfoil bullshit.

When a loving arty is top 4 in damage on Berlin with under 1000 damage, your team did amazingly well. And that's how the vast majority of games go nowadays, just a matter of luck which side you end up on.

E:

and with teammates like this it's not a wonder.

Yeah definitely jump straight into a T8 nazi wagon.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 28, 2023

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

In general, players have gotten better at recognizing when they have an advantage and pressing it, which leads to lopsided matches occurring more frequently.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Isn't 15-3 the kind of score you'd expect once you hit a certain level of skill in the playerbase? Like once you get a 2 or 3 gun advantage if there is any team cohesion at all that snowballs into effectively free kills very quickly.

Games that don't end in a snowball would require a truly evenly matched game where you can only ever get 1 for 1 trades so nobody gets a numerical advantage, which would obviously be extremely rare.

Orv
May 4, 2011
My memories of 2011 World of Tanks are not super vivid at this point but I definitely remember most games just being five minutes, if that, as everyone drove to the designated Fight Spot and the carnage resolved itself. Maybe not on that one map that was like El Halluf but without the northern route so everyone just sat on their cliff for 15 minutes but otherwise I find it hard to believe that the whole 15-5 thing just magically went away for the intervening years. People were always terrible at the game.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Vando posted:

Isn't 15-3 the kind of score you'd expect once you hit a certain level of skill in the playerbase? Like once you get a 2 or 3 gun advantage if there is any team cohesion at all that snowballs into effectively free kills very quickly.

Games that don't end in a snowball would require a truly evenly matched game where you can only ever get 1 for 1 trades so nobody gets a numerical advantage, which would obviously be extremely rare.

Yeah, exactly. Usually the only thing that stops a snowball is if it happens because the bad players on a team all died early, the remaining good players switch to full defense, and the team with more players feeds themselves to the defenders one at a time.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
What the game really needs is to bring back 9v9 matches

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Fewer players per match would really allow the skill difference between players to become apparent.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Vando posted:

Isn't 15-3 the kind of score you'd expect once you hit a certain level of skill in the playerbase?

Sure but the thing is it happens so god drat fast Like a third of one team will just die in a minute and then it's a minute of wrap up and game over.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Sure but the thing is it happens so god drat fast Like a third of one team will just die in a minute and then it's a minute of wrap up and game over.

I just watched a P43 drive into the middle of four enemies, all of which were completely lit before he drove around the corner and then sat in the middle of them. That behavior/decision making seemingly just never goes away for some people and it brings me back to my Battlefield Thesis of "How are you having fun if you're playing that badly?" Personally not a thing I could do.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Vando posted:

What the game really needs is to bring back 9v9 matches

Ninety second matches! :v:

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

What is the name of the mod that shows where you got hit? I often feel like I'm hiding my weakspots only to be penned anyways. I often feel like I am not exposed enough to allow me to shoot at a tank yet they are still hitting me and penning me.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It's called Battle Hits. If you install it prepare yourself to see some of the worst bullshit you have ever seen in your life.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

What is the name of the mod that shows where you got hit? I often feel like I'm hiding my weakspots only to be penned anyways. I often feel like I am not exposed enough to allow me to shoot at a tank yet they are still hitting me and penning me.
Battlehits, it's in Aslain's pack.

re: 15-3 or worse matches, these are why I cut my playtime to effectively nothing. You can spot them coming from game-start and all it would take to fix it is a light touch of MM.
Whilst no one wants to wait 10minutes on NA for a fully skill-based MM to find 30 equal players, all they need do is team-balance based on WG's own metrics.
If one side has a unicum light and a wheelie, and the other has someone in their third game in a wheelie and the light is a tomato, swap the lights or wheelies over. If one team has 3 55% WR heavies and 5 52% WR mediums, swap them left and right until the average WR is more even.
They could do this with the same 30 players they pulled, invisibly if need be, and reduce the whitewashes by an insane degree.

If CS 1.6 had server mods to do exactly this I can't imagine it's anything other than intentional design at this point.

e: whilst 3-man platoons can't be split they're already biased against meeting either another 3 man or 2 2-man platoons, and in either regard platoons are the problem in maybe 5% of washouts, the rest is the MM feeding you a poo poo sandwich.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Thanks all.

For my entire career my WN8 was steadily increasing. Until this last time I came back.

I'm getting worse by the game.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

I'm getting worse by the game.

Me too :hmmyes:.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Clearly the solution is to stop playing while your stats are still enviable: https://wotlabs.net/na/player/destruya

(my WN8 is actually a liability at this point as my skills have atrophied so loving much from when I used to play regularly that it instantly makes me a loving MUST KILL target for the enemy team)

Also, doesn't the anonymizer not ghost your WN8?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Getting Ace Tanker on all the tier 1 tanks took longer than getting the Obj. 260. I had to get 7 kills, defender, and invader to Ace the last one.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Clearly the solution is to stop playing while your stats are still enviable: https://wotlabs.net/na/player/destruya

(my WN8 is actually a liability at this point as my skills have atrophied so loving much from when I used to play regularly that it instantly makes me a loving MUST KILL target for the enemy team)

Also, doesn't the anonymizer not ghost your WN8?

Although are skill levels are so far apart it's pointless to make any real comparisons its kind of interesting that our class WN8s are nearly perfect opposites. I feel like HTs and TDs are the most forgiving which is probably why I do least bad in them. I think LTs and MTs require the most skill, and that skill required increases exponentially as you go up in tier.

I feel like my distribution for WN8 over 10 games is something like: 0, 0, 0, 0, 261, 261, 261, 500, 700, 3700. My actual morning session: 10 games, 3 wins, 228 WN8.

E: think i'm going to quit until they sell the BZ-176 again. It seems like it has Tier 10 armor and an 800 alpha gun at Tier 8, with rocket speed boost.

Bulky Bartokomous fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Oct 29, 2023

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Italian TDs are Top of the Tree for the first time ever in November.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

They are also fantastic. Definitely recommend them for fans of assault TDs.

Or if you want something slower, the T110E3 line is the other ToTT line in November. The T95 is probably at least worth getting.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

:chloe:

That sounds incredibly lovely. Too many Italian TDs will bring matches down to a crawl :smith:.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

E: Everyone with over 200 games in teh leFH1882 should be banned from the game. Over 1000 games they should have to spend 30 days in jail IRL.

I think they should be given a medal and an un-nerfed SU-51

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Also, 7 years on the wagen now ✊

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Mesadoram posted:

:chloe:

That sounds incredibly lovely. Too many Italian TDs will bring matches down to a crawl :smith:.

Playing perfectly into the hands of the T110E3 line :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

McGavin posted:

Neat. I just reinstalled and find myself working through T8 of that line.
Not a fan of the "even slower autoloader" gimmick, but the armor feels pretty troll so far.