Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
*jerkoff motions*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

lol legendary snipe

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
You're a black belt? Well, I'm a black bitch!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hirez posted:

I'm just guessing - is this from Brandi interacting with Malakai Black?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
So am I to understand that Cody didn't solve racism by getting Brandi pregnant? :confused:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

That might make more sense but it was Dan Lambert lol

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

So am I to understand that Cody didn't solve racism by getting Brandi pregnant? :confused:

He actually solved it by beating up a Black immigrant but then he went to the fed and unfortunately when that happens nothing you did before counts and racism returned.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dan Lambert sucked in almost all his promo segments but he did lead to a really goofy match where Baron von Raschke Iron Clawed Ethan Page and I got to see it live with my dad so I can't say he never did anything worthwhile.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

That might make more sense but it was Dan Lambert lol

oh lol i thought it was from that time she sat cross legged in front of him lol. I have like bleached that lambert promo from my memory.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Cody actually could have solved racism, but he decided not to.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dan Lambert sucked in almost all his promo segments but he did lead to a really goofy match where Baron von Raschke Iron Clawed Ethan Page and I got to see it live with my dad so I can't say he never did anything worthwhile.

Dan was really fun in that 8-man where Jericho beat the poo poo out of him, but then he kept coming back and doing the same routine and by then I had even less patience for it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lmfao at this being the all-timer meltdown from EMF to finally upset the final 30% of the sub willing to give him a chance. Thought for sure it’d be Cody losing at Mania again and an hour later insisting it’s part of the plan, which was always for a win at the third-straight Mania shot in 2025

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Some are calling Cody Rhodes his new name Cody Wokes

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

lmfao at this being the all-timer meltdown from EMF to finally upset the final 30% of the sub willing to give him a chance. Thought for sure it’d be Cody losing at Mania again and an hour later insisting it’s part of the plan, which was always for a win at the third-straight Mania shot in 2025

EMF did nothing wrong, he just has adrenaline in his soul.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

EMF is like a decoy weirdo you put out to get the real poo poo crawling out of the wood work

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Cody prefers the grey now.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Chris James 2 posted:

EMF's use of the word "performative" was pretty telling in that regard

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

EMF is like a decoy weirdo you put out to get the real poo poo crawling out of the wood work

jesus gumball I didn't even realise that was you posting. I saw your av and just assumed it was a new person lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The Red brand promises to put on a show for the ages tonight.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

yea ok posted:

The Red brand promises to put on a show for the ages tonight.

Hard to disagree.

All this and more as Raw rolls towards Riyadh!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

DIY
OH MY

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Dragonshirt posted:

*jerkoff motions*

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

projecthalaxy posted:

Hard to disagree.

All this and more as Raw rolls towards Riyadh!

This is why they're the A company!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Lol at Ricochet not even being able to get a match for the NXT secondary belt. Can't put the title on the line until he proves he can hang with "Dirty" Dom

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shard posted:

jesus gumball I didn't even realise that was you posting. I saw your av and just assumed it was a new person lol

Old one was awful, needed to go a while ago. Now my avatar is it best MMA fighter to ever exist

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Shard posted:

yeah, and brandi being a black belt shocked me tbh

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
DIY is back. I guess we’re really doing this huh. Can we air a test pattern, a Slim Jim commercial, or something else more compelling in that segment instead?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Tato posted:

DIY is back. I guess we’re really doing this huh. Can we air a test pattern, a Slim Jim commercial, or something else more compelling in that segment instead?

a jobber tag team got over with 100 of Tampas most annoying people almost a decade ago and we've been reaping the consequences ever since

e Orlando? i truly don't know, florida

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Tato posted:

Don't watch

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

shiksa posted:

a jobber tag team got over with 100 of Tampas most annoying people almost a decade ago and we've been reaping the consequences ever since

e Orlando? i truly don't know, florida

god.....was it really a decade ago lol

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

What’s the problem with DIY getting back together? They kicked rear end together in NXT.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Shard posted:

god.....was it really a decade ago lol

wiki says diy formed in 2015 so, almost there. I remember when I first started watching again/checking out nxt it was p much right after they had graduated from "total nobody randos" to real tag team

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Love that they still end every segment preview with "Can the NICKNAME overcome the CATCHPHRASE!?" in 2023, it's so painstakingly corpo

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Open Marriage Night posted:

What’s the problem with DIY getting back together? They kicked rear end together in NXT.

Every tag team has to split up and feud, eventually. Especially if they have done it already. And nobody loving wants that again.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

But it’ll be a MOMENT when they look at their hands on the main roster.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Tato posted:

It's October 30th watch a horror movie instead.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hirez posted:

GOATed line

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Grendels Dad posted:

Every tag team has to split up and feud, eventually. Especially if they have done it already. And nobody loving wants that again.

Genuinely impressed they haven't broken up the Creed brothers yet.

That one writes itself so they're showing a remarkable amount of restraint.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Vandar posted:

Genuinely impressed they haven't broken up the Creed brothers yet.

That one writes itself so they're showing a remarkable amount of restraint.

Rule of thumb is that they will draw out anything that is predictable, even if it's predictable in an awesome way. If they have a tag team where the split-up seems inevitable and the way there could easily happen organically, you better believe that it will take eighteen months to happen.

It's called the GRRM school of developing a story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

Fightful has learned the following plans for tonight's WWE Raw, subject to change.

- Rhea Ripley, Judgment Day Promo

- Dominik Mysterio vs. Ricochet

- Alpha Academy vs. Creed Bros

- Miz TV with GUNTHER

- DIY vs. Imperium

- Candice LeRae vs. Xia Li

- Seth Rollins vs. JD McDonagh

- Alpha Academy vs. Creed Bros

- SMALL PACKAGE REVENGE STREET FIGHT: Chelsea Green vs. Natalya

- Rhea Ripley promo

- SPOILER MAIN EVENT

BACKSTAGE NEWS

- Katana Chance vs. Blair Davenport is scheduled for the WWE Main Event tapings.

- Wes Lee vs. Akira Tozawa is scheduled for the WWE Main Event tapings.

- Chad Patton is set to referee the main event.

- We have not yet been told that the Creed Brothers are an official call-up

- Akira Tozawa, Maxxine Dupri, Indi Hartwell, Piper Niven are all set for Raw

SPOILERS:

- The main event match is set for two segments

- Ivy Nile is set to come to the ring with the Creed Bros.

- SPOILER MAIN EVENT: Sami Zayn vs. Damian Priest

- Rollins is supposed to cut a promo tonight as well.