Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Clara, March, Blade, Topaz?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Meowywitch posted:

i like march 7

She says pew when she shoots her arrows, she's top tier

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

FireWorksWell posted:

She says pew when she shoots her arrows, she's top tier

watch this awesome move!!!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tree Reformat posted:

congratulations, you beat an eight-year-old at a video game

truly, we are all in awe at your gamer cred

Pitch Dark Hook the Great isn't "just an eight-year-old"

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
How are people hitting 100k? I can get 55k on the current one with Jingliu on hunt, but 100k is insane. What builds can do it?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I used DHIL + Bronya with Propagation, though mine is also E2. I imagine Blade can do it too? Maybe QQ too, though she can't take advantage of the Advance Forward on Break blessing (without SW)

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Topaz basically spams Basic attacks so she fits with any other dps regardless of follow up attacks.

coolusername posted:

How are people hitting 100k? I can get 55k on the current one with Jingliu on hunt, but 100k is insane. What builds can do it?

Drop all your sustain and max out on supports. You want to 0 cycle the first three waves or so. Bronya helps a lot if you have her.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
From the Herta store, are texture of Memories or Solitary Healing worth picking up? I have fall of an aeon maxed, and cruising at S1. Or should I grab the upgrade items for Cruising?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Texture is alright for Fu if you don't have her personal one or Moment of Victory, and Fireblazer if you're using her.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I've got moment of victory on Gepard and Landaus Choice on Fu. I can't S5 texture right away but maybe that'll be the way to go.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
if you're really desperate for points, going hunt is good. more turns means more damage and you can cycle your carry's turn even more with the resonance (you'll want to grab the light-hunting celestial arrow one, of course).

You miss out on specialized buffs and you probably don't want to do it with daniel/qq (needs more sp). Non-atk scaling carries and characters that don't do burst damage on their turns probably need not apply either, but I haven't tried it with follow up dot team.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I know comparing this game to Genshin is overdone, but it's really striking how the Aetherium Wars event felt like an entire adventure with some pretty amusing dialog and its word count is smaller than Genshin events where basically nothing happens.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Eimi posted:

Three Rich Fire Women is a legit team, especially since Asta can be built as a sub dps (and that's by far my favorite build on her) so Topaz is really the perfect sp generator for the team. (Because she actually does damage while just existing)

Funny how Fire seems to be the element of wealth in HSR while in Genshin its Geo and Cryo for the ladies with one outlier as an Electro.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i'm hitting about 75-80k on each one, but my blessings for each save is nowhere near optimal

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I only got 46,000 on yesterday's. I only care about the jade anyway, and that's easy enough.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Today's was the first one I haven't hit 80k+ on. :negative: I'll have to give it another try.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Endorph posted:

I know comparing this game to Genshin is overdone, but it's really striking how the Aetherium Wars event felt like an entire adventure with some pretty amusing dialog and its word count is smaller than Genshin events where basically nothing happens.

The lower word count is shocking because if you asked me I'd say it's one of the more substantial events I've done in a long time. The most recent Genshin one that comes to mind is the tournament that Kaveh starred in.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Eimi posted:

The lower word count is shocking because if you asked me I'd say it's one of the more substantial events I've done in a long time. The most recent Genshin one that comes to mind is the tournament that Kaveh starred in.

Thats definitely the most eventful one in ages. Somehow also they seem to have managed to keep the flagship event for 4.2 a secret in that game in spite of the delay which is either kind of impressive or I missed the usual leak.

Genshin also seems to have a habit of using and focusing events around what I consider some of the least exciting characters in the game too. If theres one more event that focuses on "The Boys" and Collei again I swear....

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Oh so when it's for Tingyun, on a support relic, you roll crits like crazy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eimi posted:

the word count is lower than the recent genshin poetry event by comparison.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

yea, Hunt seems the way.

Got today's trial with Kekfa with Hunt path w/ 92,500
Fu Xuan, Tingyun, Blade, and Bronya.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Endorph posted:

the word count is lower than the recent genshin poetry event by comparison.

:eyepop:

While that event just had nothing characters starring in it it felt positively brisk. Whatever the Aetherium Wars writers did is now seriously impressive to me.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

They really did take all the feedback from genshin and put it in star rail lmao. I feel like the direct translations are way snappier too. Wow it is possible to translate Chinese to English without blowing up the word count

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

genshin's writing is a bit more flowery but also the tl is, not very good

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Yeah, I've noticed even on some simple sentences the genshin translation just decides to...add a bunch of words for no reason? Ex "ok, lets go!" -> "ok everyone, we should go check on <repeat location from last dialog box>"

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Game, if I choose Hunt, I don't want six Preservation blessings before I see the first Hunt one :argh:

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Traveller posted:

Game, if I choose Hunt, I don't want six Preservation blessings before I see the first Hunt one :argh:

Literally happened to me. I still got 85K in the trial, but I could probably have gotten 100K if Hunt blessings actually bothered to drop.

Kale
May 14, 2010

So I think Honkai 3rd, Star Rail and Genshin all get their livestreams on Friday. Hoyofest lives on into the fall. Seems to be an expectation of an immenent Ruan Mei splash art tomorrow or at least somebody unseen up to this point in splash art form or possibly any form.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

none of the characters until 2.0+ interest me :sigh:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Excelzior posted:

Savings opportunity.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Excelzior posted:

Lucky

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Savings opportunity.

:hmmyes:

more yayi / black swan funds

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Excelzior posted:

Thankfully. I'm looking forward to being able to bank some pulls and finish building some characters. If Argenti's weapon looks good, then I might pull for it. But I really don't want a new character for some time after Clara.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I'm pretty much just waiting on Hanabi, though LCs are looking more attractive now. Just invested a bunch of resources into gearing up QQ, Pela, and Gepard so that's fine anyway.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the SW rerun in 1.5 is a godsend because it gives me something to dump a couple rolls into to get enough embers to last me til hanabi/blackswan

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Excelzior posted:

This is good, though.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
With Topaz being good with follow-up characters, I have to ask-- is she any good with Kafka or are they not a good combo? I didn't see her mentioned, so I wasn't sure if it was just a case of "poo poo combo, and everyone knows it."

Kale
May 14, 2010

Excelzior posted:

They might pull a rabbit out of a hat with something unexpected, but kind of same aside from the two judge sisters. If Argenti is like George De Sand from G Gundam then he'll be alright, but he could also be completely lame instead. Don't know enough yet about 1.6 and beyond thought to be quite honest, just 1.5. I don't even know if Ruan Mei in 1.6 is even actually a thing either, but may know in another 5-6 hours or so.

Kale fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 30, 2023

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Other than Topaz, Blade, and Luocha, all I want is Screwllum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Well I hit 50 on the battle pass 13 days early

thanks jingliu