Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer
used to post on DU a long rear end time ago, i remember some forums superstar at the time was actually a right winger who was deep cover pretending to be lib for several months until after the blowout in the 2002 midterms where he proceeded to troll everyone.

also all the “draft wesley clark” people in the run up to 2004 lol

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

NEW POLL: 56 percent of respondents said they somewhat or strongly disapprove of the way Biden is handling his job, compared with 44 percent who say they somewhat or strongly approve.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Look I'm just saying a major reason there is only one species of humans rn is because all the sex we were having with each other, & if humans are naturally genocidal :biotruths: maybe it's sex itself that's a problem & anti genocide is anti sex

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Maximo Roboto posted:

They would meet at a third party / independents presidential debate such as Free & Equal's but idk they might be both too prima donna to do that

lol at the moderator for the F&E debate

https://freeandequal.org

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
Someone should do a bit where they get really focused on what propaganda is and analyze every bit of media through that lens exclusively without regard to what the factual content of the story is.

I bet that would be really funny and not at all tedious, especially when it's news stories about genocide.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

I like how the ante has been upped to not just an election between two rapists WHO YOU MUST CHOOSE FROM to now genocidal rapists. Definitely a sign that Voting Matters.

They didn't even bother calling Trump genocidal until Biden became genocidal and they needed to up the ante so now Trump is too

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

not even going to need a verrit code

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1719133593224593748?s=20

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Willa Rogers posted:

Eh, the entire reason I joined SA was bc of dnd's wide range of opinions (at that time).

But I do find stuff on DU that I don't see elsewhere (bc I don't spend time on twitter et al.) and it's a good way to see what the current talking points & zeitgeists are (like LL's posts in dnd are).

My own arguments & opinions become sharper when I can hone them against others'.

I really admire you, ma'am

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The empire may dwindle but the imperial wars will always be funded.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Adenoid Dan posted:

Someone should do a bit where they get really focused on what propaganda is and analyze every bit of media through that lens exclusively without regard to what the factual content of the story is.

I bet that would be really funny and not at all tedious, especially when it's news stories about genocide.

the real trick is to only do this with propaganda you disagree with, but act above it all because you are too cowardly to ever explicitly argue for anything and instead just snipe from the position of nakedly fraudulent expertise.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Look I'm just saying a major reason there is only one species of humans rn is because all the sex we were having with each other, & if humans are naturally genocidal :biotruths: maybe it's sex itself that's a problem & anti genocide is anti sex

antinatalism is fascistic hope this helps

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm loving going insane.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Best Friends posted:

the real trick is to only do this with propaganda you disagree with, but act above it all because you are too cowardly to ever explicitly argue for anything and instead just snipe from the position of nakedly fraudulent expertise.

well yeah, believing in things is for tankies and chuds!!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm loving going insane.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Scarabrae posted:

and I meant a literal fairy like tinkerbell btw

The fairy would have to be Navi for maximum effect.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Voting is a negotiation. If they aren't offering anything then walk.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm loving going insane.

been d&d posting again i see

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

Voting is a negotiation. If they aren't offering anything then walk.

how ableist

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

He's right

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Can you point to a single Republican representative, who was running for the role, who offered anything as substantiative to the Democrats in the House as Biden and Dems at large offers to the American people

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Uncle Wemus posted:

Can you point to a single Republican representative, who was running for the role, who offered anything as substantiative to the Democrats in the House as Biden and Dems at large offers to the American people

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HDQ24tW_CJc

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

izagoof posted:

used to post on DU a long rear end time ago, i remember some forums superstar at the time was actually a right winger who was deep cover pretending to be lib for several months until after the blowout in the 2002 midterms where he proceeded to troll everyone.

also all the “draft wesley clark” people in the run up to 2004 lol

That was a LaRouchian talking point, wasn't it? Did they know they'd arrived at the exact same presidential dream candidate as a cult of fraudsters?
I just remember the college LaRouchians were the only ones talking about Clark back then.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

WampaLord posted:

It's a year until the election

Was just thinking that, lol

We're trapped in a perpetual election, it's the most important election of our lives and it will never end

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

mags posted:

antinatalism is fascistic hope this helps

I'm talking about the whole "we had genocide since prehistory we def genocided Neanderthals in fact genocide was normal till the 40s" bullshit

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

"despite"

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

It’s been a wild journey hasn’t it Pete?

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023
Large Bourgeois Genocidal Temperament

mags
May 30, 2008

I'm talking about the whole "we had genocide since prehistory we def genocided Neanderthals in fact genocide was normal till the 40s" bullshit

what happened in the 40s

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I'm sorry to hear the lives of LGBT people, women, and other in this country don't bother you at all. I'm afraid for my safety and for the safety of all other trans people in this country because of the Republican party's platform that includes the explicit eradication of transgender people but at least you got to get a snappy reply out of it I guess.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Coolness Averted posted:

That was a LaRouchian talking point, wasn't it? Did they know they'd arrived at the exact same presidential dream candidate as a cult of fraudsters?
I just remember the college LaRouchians were the only ones talking about Clark back then.

Nah; Clark was the golden boy for hot second when people thought we needed a warhawk dem to run against the warhawk repub.

I'd bet there are still fan threads for him among the dnd archives.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

There must be good Republicans. Joe and Nancy have both said they exist. Joe even campaigned for one in Michigan against a younger progressive woman. If Republicans are bad then why did Joe biden accomplishment bipartisan legislation with them?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

mags posted:

what happened in the 40s

Whatever this poo poo was supposed to be

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Have you read any human history?

Prehistoric genocide

Homo sapiens ethnically cleansed every other remotely peer hominid before we even had written language. The "I want zero genocide" is an extremely recent development in human social evolution like the last hundred years recent.

Origin of the term genocide.

Think about that for a moment, we didn't have a term for it until halfway through the 20th century it was just how poo poo was done.

So yeah at this point "I want zero genocides" is an aspirational goal that is very far from being actualized. Also as has been pointed out Gaza is far from the only ongoing genocide taking place, it's just the most visible at the moment because Ukraine has become a stalemate and the media is bored with it and others involve brown on brown genocide so our corporate media gives no fucks about covering them.

Now I've yet to see either of these two things come out of the Accelerationists.

First an answer to if voting doesn't matter then why do the Fash spend so much time, effort and money to prevent people from doing it?

Second show me one historical example where the collapse of a government has ever resulted in a more humane and progressive society?

Incrementalism through electoralism has a demonstrated history of successfully shifting society to a more progressive and tolerant state, accelerationism has not. Also electoralism is more than just voting, it also includes organizing, protesting, boycotting etc etc etc all of which is done to shift the views of the public which is ultimately manifested in election outcomes.

At no time in my life have the very real and substantial differences between the two parties been more clearly obvious.

There are two choices and one of them is going to win. One party has mixed feelings about the Palestinian conflict and the other is pro extermination. One party supports the continuation of democracy and a secular civil society and the other wants to establish a white "Christian"* ethnostate. One wants the erase trans people (and you can bet all LGBTQ+ folks when that's done) and the other doesn't.

Voting blue no matter who isn't going to fix things in the short to mid term, but at least it keeps the possibility of doing so alive. The GOP's goal is to literally shut that possibility down forever.

*Supply Side Jesus edition .

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ex post facho posted:

been d&d posting again i see

I genuinely never thought it could get this bad. Joke's on me I guess.

mags
May 30, 2008

Whatever this poo poo was supposed to be

I don’t think there were any Neanderthals in the 40s. that’s 10 Pinocchios for you

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Yeah cause we hosed each other into being the same species but some dweeb thinks it was fuckin ethnic cleansing before ethnicity was conceptualized

this whole drat thing is trash death to the planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Fister Roboto posted:

I genuinely never thought it could get this bad. Joke's on me I guess.

I'm with you, this is without a doubt the worst I've ever seen it.