Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghost of kissinger
Oct 31, 2023

Koos Group posted:

If by Biden you mean the Biden administration, that's not entirely true, though I can't say any more on the subject.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

eat poo poo

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

it's funny to have this thread be one of the only places for reasonable discussion regarding israel/palestine (destruction of the state of israel) due to gbs being too r-worded and d&d being a training dojo for the calmest hitler because it results in people new to c-spam casually assuming their braindead opinions like "russian military equipment sucks" and "ukraine isn't a western proxy" are broadly shared here

also for anyone who donated to a palestinian charity:

Pragmatica posted:

For your $13+ dollar donation, you have access to one of three very special platinum icons: a bat, a pumpkin, or a ghost. If you don't want a plat icon, there are other options below in the FAQ.

What do the platinum icon options look like? I am glad you asked!

Pumpkin:

Ghost:

Bat:

I don't want a platinum icon. Are there other options? Yes!
Instead of the platinum icon, you may also select a name change certificate, archives upgrade certificate, or a title change certificate ($5). Please just let me know in your post with donation screenshot or send me a PM.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jizzny Princess posted:

No wonder the USA supports this genocide, there's oil under Gaza and West Bank!

Also explains why Israel wants to kill every palestinian. There is no way they want them to have a penny of any oil money.
they also thought golan heights had enough oil to secure self-sufficiency for israel, but then oops! https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/genie-energy-suspends-exploratory-oil-and-gas-drilling-program-in-northern-israel-300558113.html

quote:

Genie Energy Suspends Exploratory Oil and Gas Drilling Program in Northern Israel

Afek, the subsidiary of Genie Energy Ltd. (NYSE: GNE, GNEPRA) conducting an oil and gas exploratory program in Northern Israel, today announced that preliminary analysis of results from its completed Ness 10 exploratory well in Northern Israel suggests that the well's target zone does not contain commercially producible quantities of oil or natural gas.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

This is pretty egregious considering Israel has killed multiple holocaust survivors who have spoken or participated in protests or actions to help the Palestinians and Gaza

fizzier
Oct 29, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
实施种族灭绝的以色列再次轰炸医院。

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/10/31/israel-hamas-war-live-israeli-air-attacks-continue-across-gaza

Israeli air raids reported in the vicinity of Gaza’s European Hospital
20m ago (00:30 GMT)

We are getting reports that Israeli air raids have targeted the vicinity of the European Hospital in southern Gaza.

Earlier, we reported that the Palestine Red Crescent said artillery and strikes were taking place near the Al-Quds Hospital, creating fear among patients and the thousands of Palestinians who are seeking shelter at the medical facility.

The Turkish-Palestinian Hospital in Gaza also sustained a “direct hit” resulting in damage and injuries on Monday.

Meanwhile, the director of the Indonesian Hospital reported that the hospital was hit for the third time early on Tuesday. The extent of the damage could not be immediately determined.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

free gaza
free palestine

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

how fares the CSPAM Friendship Hospital

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

Resistance News Network posted:

(Click thumbnail to open video)

The IOF claims to have "freed" a settler hostage during the clashes that took place today between the forces and the resistance on the borders of #Gaza.

The zionist story, as usual, doesn't add up. Investigations confirmed that the female soldier who they claimed to have rescued was completely absent from the official list of missing settlers, until today when her photo was added.

In addition, the "rescued" settler in question made a post at a vegetable market on Facebook on 12/10, five days after Al-Aqsa Flood operation began and the captives were taken.

🟢 Hamas political bureau member Izzat Rishq stated: "Regarding the occupation's claims about freeing a female soldier, we confirm that such an announcement aims to distract from the video of the three female prisoners, which caused a great shock within the zionist society. It is an attempt to escape the pressure that the file of the occupation's prisoners puts on Netanyahu and his government.
No one believes the zionist narratives, which are falling apart, and even the zionist society itself does not believe its leaders.
What the resistance will say is the final word."
(from t.me/PalestineResist/17467, via tgsa)

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

This is pretty egregious considering Israel has killed multiple holocaust survivors who have spoken or participated in protests or actions to help the Palestinians and Gaza

Is there a source for this?

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

Freaking Financial Times out humanitying like 99% of western politicians

https://x.com/Morgayze/status/1719154291649192371?s=20

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

crepeface posted:

it's funny to have this thread be one of the only places for reasonable discussion regarding israel/palestine (destruction of the state of israel) due to gbs being too r-worded and d&d being a training dojo for the calmest hitler because it results in people new to c-spam casually assuming their braindead opinions like "russian military equipment sucks" and "ukraine isn't a western proxy" are broadly shared here

pro-ukraine and pro-israel posters are incredible people

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

crepeface posted:

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

DiscountDildos posted:

Freaking Financial Times out humanitying like 99% of western politicians

https://x.com/Morgayze/status/1719154291649192371?s=20

Good. It's because they know it's the end of the West as we know it If the ship isn't turned around. This is self-preservation as much as humanity.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Vox Nihili posted:

Michael Bloomberg said on Monday that he would donate nearly $44 million to Magen David Adom, Israel’s nonprofit emergency medical service, after the Hamas attacks on civilians and soldiers on Oct. 7.

The former New York City mayor and billionaire philanthropist said he planned to match contributions he solicited through an email appeal for the American Friends of Magen David Adom. The total amounts to an $88 million gift, the largest in the American organization’s history.

looks like Israel has their own SHMM...

88 million huh

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I support Israel; Al Israel that is, the guy with the chainsaw in Scarface

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

sending my energy to palestine

🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂
🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂
🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂
🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂
🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂🪂

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Bad liars are the most infuriating people in the world, and it's even worse when people believe them.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
If you're a cold blooded financier instead of a hot blooded fascist, you're more concerned about the fact that the war has destabilized every normalizing & profitable relationship Israel had in the region in the span of 3 weeks

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

crepeface posted:

This is why koos is unironically cool, he turned D&D into a heatsink for CSPAM

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

FlapYoJacks posted:

If the colonizers don’t get off your land you die. Palestinians need to expel the colonizers with extreme prejudice or history will repeat itself.

Britain and France being there made me think it was referring to countries that used to be colonies but are no longer colonies. I guess I see the point now, but the message is kind of muddled since it mixes up situations with very different outcomes.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

fizzier posted:

interdire définitivement la vermine insidieuse partisane du négationnisme et de l’apologie du génocide Groupe Koos

This has my tentative support, until I can work out what it actually says.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

If you're a cold blooded financier instead of a hot blooded fascist, you're more concerned about the fact that the war has destabilized every normalizing & profitable relationship Israel had in the region in the span of 3 weeks

The damage to Israel's internal productivity is also massive. 500,000 reservists mobilized for what could be months on end, up to 330,000 people internally displaced with way more on the horizon if Hezbollah joins in and starts blasting Israeli neighborhoods with some actual ballistic missiles and not just Qassam bottle rockets.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

crepeface posted:

also for anyone who donated to a palestinian charity:

people were talking about it earlier but its actually insane how much "common knowledge" is just outright wrong

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Neurolimal posted:

This is why koos is unironically cool, he turned D&D into a heatsink for CSPAM

respect for your ability to abysswalk and post there without instantly getting obliterated

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

crepeface posted:

respect for your ability to abysswalk and post there without instantly getting obliterated

I'm like a daywalker but instead of having cool vampire powers I can post in a really tedious way

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/HilzFuld/status/1719026262981726461?s=20

America must be destroyed.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
"Humanitarian pause" is a phrase dating back to atleast the end of the last century, one was declared in the Aceh rebellion. More recently, they have been used in conflicts in Sudan and Yemen.

Owlbear Camus posted:

It would be cool for Israel to fail and collapse as a state in the attempt, TBH.

One of the clichés that always got dealt from the deck that never made any sense to me is "~Israel's right to exist.~" Do nation states have a "right to exist?" Did the GDR, the Ottoman Empire, the Greater German Reich, Yugoslavia, The Republic of Vietnam, etc, etc? Who is the guarantor of such a "right?" Who arbitrates the settlement when the right has been violated, how is recompense made?

It's an absurd statement, a nation-state's "right to exist." Nation-states don't have "rights." They have duties and obligations. Individuals have rights.

Lol this fellow called Yugoslavia a nation state. And possibly even more ridiculously, the Ottoman empire.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Wishing upon a star that Palestine be free :pray:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Weka posted:

"Humanitarian pause" is a phrase dating back to atleast the end of the last century, one was declared in the Aceh rebellion. More recently, they have been used in conflicts in Sudan and Yemen.

Lol this fellow called Yugoslavia a nation state. And possibly even more ridiculously, the Ottoman empire.

I have it on the highest authority that the Yugoslavs and Czechoslavs deserve a nation stae esch.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The damage to Israel's internal productivity is also massive. 500,000 reservists mobilized for what could be months on end, up to 330,000 people internally displaced with way more on the horizon if Hezbollah joins in and starts blasting Israeli neighborhoods with some actual ballistic missiles and not just Qassam bottle rockets.

Doesn't Israel also rely on Palestinians for a lot of labour? Just another massacre of the working class.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Dreylad posted:

Doesn't Israel also rely on Palestinians for a lot of labour? Just another massacre of the working class.

not nearly as much as they did before the second intifada, but there’s 5,000 Palestinian laborers trapped in Israel right now who can’t work or go home.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

she's right - if all this had happened to Palestine, and the Israelis came into their country, slaughtered Palestinian people, and kidnapped Palestinian children, it would be incredibly easy to identify who the terrorists were, and we would not have sympathy for those terrorists

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

It just shows that any progressive cultural messaging and aesthetic can eventually be co-opted to argue for a sassy black #girlboss genocide.

Because that's the only space liberals operate it, it presents them with an impossible dilemma. If someone has natural hair and long nails they can wear an IDF uniform and fight to crush the Warsaw Ghetto and liberals will instinctively want to hold space for BIPOC or whatever.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

I like it that they're aware the world is not on their side in this.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Hostage Recue?! Thats a lie thats almost as half-baked as my wifes cooking! :wal::stat::laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Ytlaya posted:

And it unsurprisingly ended up being the case that large numbers of cheap drones were better than stuff like the Switchblade.

This isn't quite true, while the switchblade itself seems to have sucked, the Russian equivalent, the Lancet (with AI!) has done very well.