Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

insane anime posted:

tell that to patton oswalt

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

insane anime posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arch Nemesis posted:

color changes being part of clothing is consistent across the franchise; additionnally toad is neither a reptile nor mollusc. begone

if you must bring realism into a :siren: VIDEO GAME :siren:, Koopas are clearly some sort of turtle yet can leave their shells unlike those irl. there is no reason why Toads can't change color when they're even more out-there. methinks Games is more fitting for your misleading antics

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

symbolic posted:

if you must bring realism into a :siren: VIDEO GAME :siren:, Koopas are clearly some sort of turtle yet can leave their shells unlike those irl. there is no reason why Toads can't change color when they're even more out-there. methinks Games is more fitting for your misleading antics

They don't like leaving their shells and it causes them distress. Im fairly sure that's the case with real turtles too. Realism upheld

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

there two kinds of koops one that walks on four legs and another that walks on two legs the two legged koopa can leave their shell

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

We've seen hat wearing Mario characters without their hats plenty of times. I could be wrong but I dont think weve ever seen a Toad without their hat. I think thats cus its physiologically part of their body. Not a definite answer by any means but its enough for me.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

I'm unsure about the origin of this render, but it seems to be legitimate..... not happy about this....

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Cubone posted:

I'm unsure about the origin of this render, but it seems to be legitimate..... not happy about this....

your mom when i sweat her weave out

----------------

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

We've seen hat wearing Mario characters without their hats plenty of times. I could be wrong but I dont think weve ever seen a Toad without their hat. I think thats cus its physiologically part of their body. Not a definite answer by any means but its enough for me.

The conductor toads in paper mario wear different, non shroom hats.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

insane anime posted:

did you use a silph scope? get real

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Cubone posted:

Good grief.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

insane anime posted:

lol

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

Lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

insane anime posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

The conductor toads in paper mario wear different, non shroom hats.

Perhaps theyre simply a different species.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

insane anime posted:

Lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

P-Mack posted:

the shoe jacks him off

yup

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

insane anime posted:

lmao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

:staredog:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

badass

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Anus Port For Man Rods

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Anus Port For Man Rods

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Anus Port For Man Rods

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

theres a screenshot from some hosed up US comic or cartoon with a toad removing its cap like that pic. i believe it.
oh, that reminds me. *leans in way too close and whispers* did you all see mario's official dick.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

why on earth would i want to see mario's dick, big deal

----------------

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I don't really understand the question

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

i read the article and it astounds me that people get paid to write this garbage. a couple hundred words about how nabbit works, and how the author did not know how nabbit worked, and was thus slightly confused

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

at this point they're probably doing it on purpose bc they know there's a cottage industry of talking poo poo on baby mode game journalists. Can't even tell what a real Fail is like these days.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I cheated not only the game, but myself.

I didn't grow.
I didn't improve.
I took a shortcut and gained nothing.

I experienced a hollow victory.
Nothing was risked and nothing was gained.

It's sad that I don't know the difference.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

What a disappointing comments section. Such bad-faith takes in many of these posts.

I notice articles authored by ‘bob’, ‘james’ or ‘joe’ get half the vitriol that an article like this does. Fellow men: we gotta touch grass.

As pointed out in an insightful comment below: this article indicates an in-game UX failure. I think many readers will recognise themselves in the mistake this article describes.

Good on Polygon/Author for publishing work that isn’t self-aware to a fault/didactic to the ends of the earth.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

In Training posted:

at this point they're probably doing it on purpose bc they know there's a cottage industry of talking poo poo on baby mode game journalists. Can't even tell what a real Fail is like these days.

this.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

mycophobia posted:

i read the article and it astounds me that people get paid to write this garbage. a couple hundred words about how nabbit works, and how the author did not know how nabbit worked, and was thus slightly confused

Happy bday

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Martman posted:

What a disappointing comments section. Such bad-faith takes in many of these posts.

I notice articles authored by ‘bob’, ‘james’ or ‘joe’ get half the vitriol that an article like this does. Fellow men: we gotta touch grass.

As pointed out in an insightful comment below: this article indicates an in-game UX failure. I think many readers will recognise themselves in the mistake this article describes.

Good on Polygon/Author for publishing work that isn’t self-aware to a fault/didactic to the ends of the earth.

but also this as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

herculon posted:

Happy bday

and this. goodbye