Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

thathonkey posted:

stephen status: king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
“Terf” feels a bit like “boomer” to me.

People who identified as either didn’t mind being called those words until they realised huge swathes of people dislike terfs and boomers, specifically for their terfy or boomerish worldviews.

On this note, I wonder why there isn’t a pejorative for Gen X yet, given Musk is the most prominent of that generation.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

there is, it's boomer

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Halisnacks posted:

“Terf” feels a bit like “boomer” to me.

People who identified as either didn’t mind being called those words until they realised huge swathes of people dislike terfs and boomers, specifically for their terfy or boomerish worldviews.

On this note, I wonder why there isn’t a pejorative for Gen X yet, given Musk is the most prominent of that generation.
Because we may as well not exist. Even the top distinctive cultural product of our generation, the First Person Shooter, made by Gen-Xers for Gen-Xers and millenials are getting called BOOMER SHOOTER those days. I am not going to waste my time explaining to anyone calling me a "boomer" that no, the boomers were the rear end in a top hat telling me doom-likes were murder simulators and Night Trap was about raping white women. Because Boomer just mean "old" for those kids anyway, like TERF just mean Transphobe.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
If terfs don't like being called terfs, then call them FARTs: Feminism-Appropriating Reactionary Transphobes.

Or, keep calling them terfs, because gently caress 'em.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I tried to look at my company's X feed today, to watch some old videos, and not only are timelines competely destroyed when logged out, but the video's glitchy as hell, it would randomly stop playing audio and/or video.

And I mean and, as in the video would progress all the way to the end while displaying a soundless freeze-frame.

I thought $16b could buy a video player that works better than Windows Media Player trying to play a corrupted and half downloaded Limewire .wmv from 2006, but alas.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

oh loving lmao of course

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Ghostlight posted:

there is, it's boomer

Yeah, the generation that would be poo poo talking them from their failures just settled on "boomer". That's it, Gen Xs relevance turned out to be as indistinguishable from all the losers that came before them.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Toplowtech posted:

Because we may as well not exist. Even the top distinctive cultural product of our generation, the First Person Shooter, made by Gen-Xers for Gen-Xers and millenials are getting called BOOMER SHOOTER those days. I am not going to waste my time explaining to anyone calling me a "boomer" that no, the boomers were the rear end in a top hat telling me doom-likes were murder simulators and Night Trap was about raping white women. Because Boomer just mean "old" for those kids anyway, like TERF just mean Transphobe.

I mean, imagine being a 15-year-old kid in 2023 and being asked to distinguish meaningfully between the prevailing cultural attitudes of 40-year-olds, 50-year-olds, 60-year-olds, and 70-year-olds

Like... what music from their high school proms they're all into I guess would be the equivalent of asking what their respective attitudes toward video games and Dungeons & Dragons are

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Boomers have been posting thinkpieces about millennials ruining everything for decades so maybe there's enough cultural presence to differentiate there a bit? Except many 15 year old have millennial parents and "is your dad" is OK boomer personified.

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

kazil posted:

3 hours later

M O O N

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Toplowtech posted:

p sure its named after the big guns and rocket launchers that go boom

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
No it's named after old people.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUlj48Rvp1c

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It really should be "not free speech but cheap talk"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

When the news dropped yesterday about Biden taking an active hand in regulating AI I was like ... oh man this is going to drive the usual suspects bugfuck

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Toplowtech posted:

Because we may as well not exist.

You could've stopped boomers

Why didn't you stop boomers

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Except when it's Tesla or SpaceX then the government doing things for you is good

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
But my Hitler bots :pedophiles:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

AlmightyBob posted:

- elon packing his suitcase

Turn on your monitor

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Toplowtech posted:

OK boomer

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Some funerals you attend to mourn their passing. Others you attend to make sure the fucker is actually dead.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Data Graham posted:

When the news dropped yesterday about Biden taking an active hand in regulating AI I was like ... oh man this is going to drive the usual suspects bugfuck

For many, a real short journey.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Goddammit, they want AI to be able to use slurs so, so, so badly.

Also, holy poo poo is that second reply rich coming from a guy who makes a huge chunk of his money off of government contracts.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Small Strange Bird posted:

If terfs don't like being called terfs, then call them FARTs: Feminism-Appropriating Reactionary Transphobes.

Or, keep calling them terfs, because gently caress 'em.

I like the idea of this because it's very funny to me to refer to someone as an "old FART"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I hope King sticks on Twitter for a while longer, just to mock Musk. He's in a unique position to be able to do so.

Troll him, lead him along, then destroy him in front of his adoring sycophants.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Songbearer posted:

You could've stopped boomers

Why didn't you stop boomers
Oh yeah, it was foretold we would destroy the boomers, not join them. Keep forgetting. Must be age.

chadbear posted:

OK boomer
May you live long enough to become the Boomer.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
AI can't use the n-word freely? It's like communist China around here!!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Margaret Thatcher has arisen from the dead to post on X, the everything app

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Skynet became woke on October 31st, 2023 at 2:09am

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Toplowtech posted:

getting overlooked as an entire generation is a pretty gen-x thing to do

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Goddammit, they want AI to be able to use slurs so, so, so badly.

They want to create a secular God that confirms their own prejudices and bigotries so that they can point to it as a source of authority for said positions as opposed to morally or ethically defending their beliefs.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

shyduck posted:

Margaret Thatcher has arisen from the dead to post on X, the everything app

The account has the checkmark, must be real. Dead people can't have credit cards, the ultimate, perfect verification system.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Only when conservatives exist. It won't if conservatives aren't around.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The gen x has x, the everything app. Do they even need more?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The gen x has x, the everything app. Do they even need more?

they need gen y and z to laugh at their jokes

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Large rich pot with hands obviously in pie calls kettle black, struggles to differentiate himself from the sins he's obviously committed (committing), film at 11.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

We'll say it again.
Freedom to do what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Questions of freedom itt:

Freedom as helmed by Elon Musk: Absolutely loving not
Freedom as helmed by anyone else or frankly the usual "everybody trying all at once, despite it being a slapfight": MUCH loving BETTER because it's not one pasty solipsistic cringey douche