Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
Why wasn't the chase thread reopened for that?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/Iqt4YCp.mp4

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Love the dude in the white shirt who's only response, while everyone else is running away, is to stand up and point at it

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That deer has CWD, “Cafeteria Walking Disorder”.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Oh dear...

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

The new psa about steroid abuse is pretty convincing.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Daphne from the Scooby Gang is the most on-the-ball, as usual.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

it's loving cold out okay

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Kith posted:

Opposite take: more armor. more fighting. more speed. allow sticks to be used as weapons. no more penalty box. dial up the stupidity as much as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z2XlESGZ9E

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

arrested for resisting arrest

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I wonder how many times they tried to pit maneuver it :allears:

I'll also take a side order of its solid rubber tires not caring about spike strips or bullets

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

I was in the pool!

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Sentient Data posted:

I wonder how many times they tried to pit maneuver it :allears:

I'll also take a side order of its solid rubber tires not caring about spike strips or bullets

We have that model forklift at the shop. It's a sturdy little beast.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

PhotoKirk posted:

We have that model forklift at the shop. It's a sturdy little beast.

hell yeah I refuse to operate anything but the Komatsu

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

idgi, looks like an average sized blade to me.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
I assume the only way to stop that forklift was with a bigger, heavier forklift.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Men, this is what happens if you plunge too many gashes.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

so then what you're saying is

these noodles are really wild

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Bertha the Toaster posted:

I assume the only way to stop that forklift was with a bigger, heavier forklift.

Police departments getting federal funding to obtain larger, more powerful military forklifts

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Runa posted:

so then what you're saying is

these noodles are really wild

They're buckwheat noodles.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Lol I just realized that with rear wheel steering they could just crank the wheel and give the cruiser a love tap when it comes in for the pit

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

STIHL

STIHL

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 31, 2023

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Digitizing some old pictures. This would have been ~96. Truck broke through the frozen muskeg. A lot of stories from old dudes about equipment going through never to be seen again.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
shot

quote:

The English Ice Hockey Association, which governs the sport below the Elite League, reacted to Johnson's death by requiring all players in England to wear neck guards from the start of 2024.

“It is unacceptable for any player to lose their life while playing sport,” the EIHA said. “Our responsibility is not only to avert the recurrence of such a heartbreaking accident, but also to pre-emptively address other foreseeable incidents in the future.”

chaser

quote:

Neck guards will be mandatory from Jan. 1 for all on-ice activities. The EIHA gave on Monday its "strong recommendation" that all players start wearing a neck guard, effective immediately. It said neck guards would not be mandatory immediately because of anticipated supply issues.

they were already recommended, so it seems like they're changing literally nothing immediately despite resuming the season. Since this is england and not the US, can people wait for their PPE to show up before being forced to play again?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Phanatic posted:

What gets me is this article:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/29/sport/adam-johnson-ice-hockey-death-spt-intl/index.html

Man, exonerative tense isn't just for cops anymore. Another player, unnamed in this article, kicked him in the neck and cut his throat wide open. There was agency involved. But the way this is written, it just happened. Hell, it didn't even just happen, it's *Johnson* that collided with the other player.

Here's a non-gory video of it. I'll spoiler it anyway, but this is a slowed-down clip of the hit itself, it cuts off before there's any blood or even any sign of serious injury:

https://x.com/Mcdabber612/status/1718675071269490973?s=20

E: I am so dumb/eager to post that I forgot to read the thread.

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Oct 31, 2023

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

The end is hilarious as you finally see that there's three four five six cops following the forklift like it's the end of the fucken Blues Brothers.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

Police departments getting federal funding to obtain larger, more powerful military forklifts

https://therook.ringpower.com/

There's a forklift attachment as a "vehicle extraction tool."

quote:

The tool can be used to push or pull a parked vehicle, pick up the car completely and move to a safe location, or positioned to lift rear wheels of an occupied vehicle to render it immobile.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
thats a bobcat not a forklift

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

C.M. Kruger posted:

https://therook.ringpower.com/

There's a forklift attachment as a "vehicle extraction tool."

I guess I would have just used the stairs. I dunno.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Railing Kill posted:

The end is hilarious as you finally see that there's three four five six cops following the forklift like it's the end of the fucken Blues Brothers.

Yeah, that was the funniest thing for me, too. I am always amused at how over the top yank coppers are in responding to events with lights and sirens. I seen a tik tok where a slow speed chase of a guy that had shot at cops (according tot the text) had like several dozen, maybe several score of police vehicles all following along behind this car all with lights and sirens. It was pitched as a big show of solidarity of police helping each other but for me just looked like a bunch of kids all following the soccer ball around on the pitch. Absolutely no professionalism or appropriate resource management whatsoever.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

thats a bobcat not a forklift

I would call it a drott (because it has tracks, not wheels,)

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Electric Wrigglies posted:

Yeah, that was the funniest thing for me, too. I am always amused at how over the top yank coppers are in responding to events with lights and sirens. I seen a tik tok where a slow speed chase of a guy that had shot at cops (according tot the text) had like several dozen, maybe several score of police vehicles all following along behind this car all with lights and sirens. It was pitched as a big show of solidarity of police helping each other but for me just looked like a bunch of kids all following the soccer ball around on the pitch. Absolutely no professionalism or appropriate resource management whatsoever.

Sometimes second or third cops will pull over at already in-progress traffic stops just so, I dunno, more of these motherfuckers can make their harassment quotas on people speeding or with a tail light out or something. It's not as common as one car pulling a motorist over, but it isn't unheard of.

America sucks.

Digihazard
Nov 2, 2010

If you place the milk in before the bag, I will kill you and your family while they sleep.

to be fair I think you only have to manage resources when you don't have a unlimited budget and access to military hardware, and an endless supply of washed up bullies

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

I guess I would have just used the stairs. I dunno.

In CQB stairs are hallways but worse, a fatal funnel that also has uneven footing with added threats from above and potentially behind if it's a switchback stairwell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfxLFFVZDgk

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Railing Kill posted:

Sometimes second or third cops will pull over at already in-progress traffic stops just so, I dunno, more of these motherfuckers can make their harassment quotas on people speeding or with a tail light out or something. It's not as common as one car pulling a motorist over, but it isn't unheard of.

America sucks.

I watched a cop stop a couple of kids for walking in the street instead of on the sidewalk on the 4th of July (not a lot of traffic, lots of people out and about), then watched like three other cop cars stop and eventually drive away during the like half hour they talked to the kids. A county sheriff was the last one there.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Uthor posted:

I watched a cop stop a couple of kids for walking in the street instead of on the sidewalk on the 4th of July (not a lot of traffic, lots of people out and about), then watched like three other cop cars stop and eventually drive away during the like half hour they talked to the kids. A county sheriff was the last one there.

Cops in America spend only a fraction of their time working to solve crimes. 90% or more of cop activity is fishing for a reason to arrest a brown person.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

I have always been interested in what people call compact loaders, the differences don't appear to be regional or have any pattern that I can tell. I grew up calling them skid steers, but in my area people call them skid loaders more often. I can understand people calling them bobcats, as that is a major manufacturer (and maybe the originators?), but I've never heard drott before. Drott appears to be an early full size tracked loader like cat's traxcavator, I'm curious how the name came to apply to tracked compact skid steers (but not wheeled skid steers?).

e ah, drott is english, which is maybe why I've never heard of it before.

e2 wait, no drott is from wisconsin.

dokmo fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 31, 2023

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Mr. Nice! posted:

Cops in America spend only a fraction of their time working to solve crimes. 90% or more of cop activity is fishing for a reason to arrest a brown person.

It’s a pretty hard thing to do when the main requirements for the job are less-than-stellar intelligence and obedience. Their main purpose is to be agents of violence for the government (and whoever controls it). You can’t have other stuff interfering with that.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

dokmo posted:

I have always been interested in what people call compact loaders, the differences don't appear to be regional or have any pattern that I can tell. I grew up calling them skid steers, but in my area people call them skid loaders more often.

Around here, skid steers have wheels. Mini tracked front loaders are usually called dingos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

C.M. Kruger posted:

In CQB stairs are hallways but worse, a fatal funnel that also has uneven footing with added threats from above and potentially behind if it's a switchback stairwell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfxLFFVZDgk

Kevin McCallister has seen some rough times.