Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

a bit sad we didn't get the James Harden South Beach Experience (tomorrow on First Take: has Pat Riley lost his fastball?) but L.A. is another home of the famed "Sunday back-to-back hangover" so I'm sure we'll get some good fun out of it.

and yeah how soon Embiid starts defining The Process as a one-way ticket to Somewhere Else could be interesting as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Literally the only team so far this year who deserves to be flexing RN is Denver, IMO

Not only are they the defending champs and look drat good, they have more continuity than anybody and basically no significant weaknesses I can think of

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
"Ehh we can probably afford to lose all that bench depth, it's hard to see injuries torpedoing any key starters down the stretch"

I mean I get it but yikes

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I agree - it’s pretty impressive what Denver have put together and I think they’ll cruise to #1 in the west.

The Clippers had to go all in and mortgage their future to even stand a chance, but I still don’t think it’ll be enough.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Clips should trade for Durant, Ibaka and Adams.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

rivetz posted:

"Ehh we can probably afford to lose all that bench depth, it's hard to see injuries torpedoing any key starters down the stretch"

You shouldn’t get it, it’s insane and the Clippers are now 2 old always injured wings, an old guard and like 0 picks for five years. If they had any fans I’m sure they’d be pissed

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Quizzlefish posted:

Clips should trade for Durant, Ibaka and Adams.

i agree, that seems like a group of guys that could sleepwalk to a championship if they ever got together on one team

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

fart simpson posted:

i agree, that seems like a group of guys that could sleepwalk to a championship if they ever got together on one team

Everyone would be trying to beat them after being 3-1 down in the playoffs in order to win the Durant lottery

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Scorched

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

What a thing to wake up to

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

please disregard as I cannot read.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I think the Clippers needed to probably be disabused of the notion that they were going to kill it with their current roster in order to convince themselves to go ahead and pull the trigger.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It’s amazing teams are still willing to give up actual assets for James Harden in TYOOL 2023

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

no one wants to play with Joel Embiid, they keep fleeing!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

How many first round picks have exchanged hands because of James Harden lol

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
James Harden was excellent last year and the year before that, etc.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

https://twitter.com/taylorcsnow/status/1719206353527259242

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
All those dudes are expiring so Philly just has Embiid, Paul Reed and Jaden Springer under contract heading into the summer. Embiid + Maxey + Siakam + MLE guy + 10 vet min ring chasers is probably something. Maybe you go ahead and give up some picks to pry loose Pascal for this year’s run

morestuff fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Oct 31, 2023

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

morestuff posted:

Embiid + Maxey + Siakam + MLE guy + 10 vet min ring chasers is probably something.

im gonna guess it's a 2nd round playoff exit

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Congrats Sixers on winning the Zach Lavine Sweeps.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Panzeh posted:

Surely this is the team he doesn’t become a locker room cancer on

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Dexo posted:

Lavine and Embiid would play well together so this won't happen

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Paul Zuvella posted:

How many first round picks have exchanged hands because of James Harden lol

Unless I'm missing some Harden alone is worth

Trade to Houston
Two firsts

Trade to Brooklyn
Four firsts, three swaps

Trade to Philly
Two firsts

Trade to LA
Two firsts, one swap

James harden worth 10 first Rounders confirmed

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
I'm sure Harden and Westbrook will be delighted to share ball handling duties.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Dexo posted:

strange way to spell OG Anunoby tbh

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Great. Sixers actually got... something... back for James Harden.

It's the perfect time to fire Daryl Morey.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I don't get why anyone would give up 1st round picks for Harden.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

rivetz posted:

There's a reason why the talking point in the offseason was that Paul George was going to be "Pee Eff Pee Gee" because most of those dudes weren't depth anymore. PJ Tucker and his vast shoe collection have had a foot in the washing machine now for several years, and the door is closing on him . . . but I trust him more than Morris or Covington and possibly more than Batum.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Panzeh posted:

As long as you completely ignore the playoffs, sure

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

i am a moron posted:

As long as you completely ignore the playoffs, sure

James single handedly beat the celtics in game 1 and stole a win in game 4 or 5

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

temple posted:

I don't get why anyone would give up 1st round picks for Harden.

It’s like a game of hot potato. You just hope you aren’t the last team that’s stupid enough to do it.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Where are the clippers getting that extra first?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I can't believe anyone still wants Harden lol

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Lockback posted:

Where are the clippers getting that extra first?

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1719341559907238286?s=19

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Presti is ending up down picks on this!!! :monocle:

Probably a really good pick swap though.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

https://x.com/seanwrightnba/status/1719236832771166251?s=46&t=zVI0vYegDAVtcmKcmkilAQ

Free Furkan Korkmaz

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
do not free him

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

temple posted:

James single handedly beat the celtics in game 1 and stole a win in game 4 or 5

Are you the Clippers GM by chance?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Harden is way better than he's given credit for. He was a 20/6/10 guy last season on 60% TS and he wasn't dominating the ball to do it. That's really really good. He wasn't as good in the playoffs but the whole team stunk (except Tobias, he was good). Harden was better than Maxey and (arguably but it's close) Embiid.

He's a total locker room cancer and can't stay on a team but on the court he's still really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Isn’t this the fifth time he’s asked to be traded