Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Congrats to Tyrese Maxey on his future 2023-2024 all star appearance. He's at 30/6/6 right now on high efficiency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

you have to play in 65 games to make the all star team tho

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Clippers gave up way to much

Oh well moving on

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

two firsts (one of which is really good) and expiring money for harden (who will demand a max contract) is way better than I thought

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

fart simpson posted:

theyre trading away your favorite player, mate

he didn’t have much left . he’s like as old as me

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

james hardon is never getting a max contract again lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

we know that

he doesn’t

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m happy this trade seems designed to torture bill Simmons

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the wizards look like absolute garbage lol. i think it was literally the worst defense ive ever seen an nba team play. the game was basically this kind of crap over and over again until everyone stopped trying midway through the 2nd quarter and played pickup ball until the starters all sat at the end of the 3rd

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1719145750440071491

and jordan poole is v funny

https://twitter.com/taylorcsnow/status/1719206353527259242

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Are the Clippers trying to put together the Avengers of playoff disappointments?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
impressed that the Sixers managed to make the team even less likable by including PJ in the deal

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Retromancer posted:

Are the Clippers trying to put together the Avengers of playoff disappointments?

the Traveling Wilburys of second round exits

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

My team hella retarded and I eat that slop like a pig at a loving trough! ¡Yum yum yum yum yum delícioso!

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

And that’s how you loving Clippers

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

it still boggles my mind that there are clippers fans. at least with Cleveland or Minnesota we have a geographical excuse for being stuck with loser teams

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

how many games will harden play before the 1st round playoff exit?

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Azathoth posted:

it still boggles my mind that there are clippers fans. at least with Cleveland or Minnesota we have a geographical excuse for being stuck with loser teams

I’m from America’s Failest City

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

is it that much different from being a Nets fan? I guess the A team in the LA market has a lot more success, but it's not like the Nets have ever done anything. at least Lob City was fun

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Blake Griffin before he blew out his knees repeatedly FTW!

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

My boy dunked over an automobile. Topic locked.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Poppers posted:

My boy dunked over an automobile. Topic locked.

that dunk contest was so obviously rigged for blake it's not even fair to call it a conspiracy theory. javale mcgee was the true winner. topic re-opened and re-locked.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Woj on breaking the Harden trade

quote:

[Wojnarowski] "I was in Newark airport getting ready to fly to LA—it was suggested to me to "not get on a plane". So I sat in Newark airport, watched the place close down. 5pm they threw me out of the United Lounge. 1030pm it closed. Sat downstairs until I left about 330am. Went home took a shower."

man that sounds like a terrible day

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

it’s fun to see kawhi play maybe like 5 games a year

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

indigi posted:

is it that much different from being a Nets fan? I guess the A team in the LA market has a lot more success, but it's not like the Nets have ever done anything. at least Lob City was fun

it's way cheaper to go to a nets game than Madison square garden.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

indigi posted:

Woj on breaking the Harden trade

man that sounds like a terrible day

sad!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

indigi posted:

brooklyn has 2.7 million people. yeah there was an established Knicks fanbase before they moved there but it's not an LA situation with two teams in the same arena.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

There was that one season where everyone was convinced that the Nets were going to run the Eastern Conference for the next 5 years.

Lol. Lmao.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

brooklyn has 2.7 million people. yeah there was an established Knicks fanbase before they moved there but it's not an LA situation with two teams in the same arena.

Hey, I'll have you know that the Clippers are getting their own arena and it's covered in scale mail for some reason.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Retromancer posted:

Hey, I'll have you know that the Clippers are getting their own arena and it's covered in scale mail for some reason.

They lose their benefits from barbarian rages if they wear heavy armor

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
James Harden (DNP - short rest)

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

indigi posted:

The Knicks and Nets have been basically at rough parity with each other since the 90s. The Knicks been better than the Nets on average sure but they've both been bottom tier teams for my entire life.

New York sports media likes to treat the Knicks as a storied franchise but the reality is that they haven't won a ring since the 3pt line was introduced. At some point that kind of distant past success becomes something a grandparent tells a grandchild when they ask about the faded banner up in the rafters rather than anything in institutional memory.

I can see a local kid picking the Nets over the Knicks because they're both losers. At least until recently, who the gently caress looked at the Clips and thought they're worth rooting for when the Lakers literally play in the same building, and I say this as someone who loving hates the Lakers.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

I mean the Nets were in the finals twice this century

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

and with the last head case gone, the sixers went on to play drama free basketball for years. the end

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

euphronius posted:

and with the last head case gone, the sixers went on to play drama free basketball for years. the end

The process has finally come to fruition.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

they should take away the nets and the knicks, new yoerk doesnt deserve teams after nfl coach robert saleh descided to wear the flag of hezbollah to a game

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

euphronius posted:

Oh well moving on
The Process!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Azathoth posted:

The Knicks and Nets have been basically at rough parity with each other since the 90s. The Knicks been better than the Nets on average sure but they've both been bottom tier teams for my entire life.

New York sports media likes to treat the Knicks as a storied franchise but the reality is that they haven't won a ring since the 3pt line was introduced. At some point that kind of distant past success becomes something a grandparent tells a grandchild when they ask about the faded banner up in the rafters rather than anything in institutional memory.

I can see a local kid picking the Nets over the Knicks because they're both losers. At least until recently, who the gently caress looked at the Clips and thought they're worth rooting for when the Lakers literally play in the same building, and I say this as someone who loving hates the Lakers.

yeah but it's still the Knicks. they never won anything, but still, as long as they're ~middling MSG is always on full tilt, that fanbase is so loyal and loud and a third l-adjective. but I can't even imagine a rabid Nets fan

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

indigi posted:

a third l-adjective
mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Losers!!!