Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

They have British officers advising them and allegedly even drafting these plans, but their own ideas about the Russians overcame their professionalism and training.

sounds like they need more dress up and silly walking to fix their professionalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Delta-Wye posted:

sounds like they need more dress up and silly walking to fix their professionalism

never hurts

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

This just feels so low effort at this point.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the only thing the Black Sea is an example of is the effects of low oxygenation

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

supersnowman posted:

It's Kenya because of the carpet colors.

Good eye.

That settles it then, British made, infantry of the line rather than KAR, and infantry pattern sword. I would guess all from the manufacturers I listed. It all looks exceptionally well made and tailored.

Nice British made mess dress as well

I wonder if these are all expensed or if they have to commission and import it on a Kenyan officer's pay.

Cuttlefush posted:

never hurts

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 17:45 on Oct 31, 2023

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

mawarannahr posted:

American posters: ":actually: it's unsafe not to shoot to kill. nix the warning shots. "

I don't do warning shots, personally, but it's more of a budget reason than anything

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

mawarannahr posted:

the only thing the Black Sea is an example of is the effects of low oxygenation

got em

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

It's no SANDF, but they've done a good job.

These scarlets are decidedly not tailored, and the soles have tread on them, whereas the other boots were authentic Sanders and Sanders George boots

Which makes me think they are pretty conservative when it comes to issuing full dress, outside that guard regiment. These are probably kept in the regimental Q and not on a soldier to soldier basis.

Maybe someone should hire the laid off twitter OSINT guys to provide intel on dress uniforms.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
lol

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
there is just something about eastern europe :allears:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Apologies as this isn't really related but I don't know where else to ask and figured people here would be the best

Can someone identify the cross w/ a swirl circle tattoo this guy (Georgia MMA fighter) has?
I'm pretty certain it's an Iron Cross but the center section I've never seen before

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Looks like a kolovrat.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
the log is an ancient symbol of slavic ingenuity, which is why they adorn the most valuable things in their society - tanks - with them

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Digital Jedi posted:

Apologies as this isn't really related but I don't know where else to ask and figured people here would be the best

Can someone identify the cross w/ a swirl circle tattoo this guy (Georgia MMA fighter) has?
I'm pretty certain it's an Iron Cross but the center section I've never seen before

Just peep his insta,

https://www.instagram.com/shotabetlemidze/?hl=en

Seems Political

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Frosted Flake posted:

I can't get a good look at the sword. If it's high quality, probably Pooley of Sheffield or a vintage Wilkinson Ltd.

Did King's African Rifles use the Rifles pattern sword or the Infantry sword?

They're very well turned out. Good on Kenya (or possibly Uganda).

Ask Matt Easton

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

That Georgian is pretty hooah considering the L they took in 08

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

sullat posted:

Man one of the NYT articles posted in this thread quoted some soldier as being 53 years young. I know they're saying 50 is the new 30 but I don't think I'd want to be on the front lines of a grueling attritional war when I'm 53.

Rather at 53 than 23, at least you get to live life before getting blown up.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Regarde Aduck posted:

"source: ourselves" is a killer bit

We killed 300 hundred thousand army mans, five thousand tanks, and at least one million jet planes

Every day over seven billion Russians surrender to Ukrainian military might

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
Russian Offensive Campaign Assessment, October 29, 2023

quote:

Unspecified actors may have purposefully conspired to shut down a prominent Russian Airborne Forces (VDV)-affiliated milblogger. A Russian VDV-affiliated milblogger announced on October 28 that he was forced to shut down his Telegram channel, implying that unspecified actors abducted the raccoon that the milblogger had been using as a mascot to help gain notoriety and fundraise for Russian forces.[44] The milblogger claimed that the channel generated over 20 million rubles ($212,000) for Russian forces within a year.[45] The raccoon gained fame when Russian forces stole it from a zoo when withdrawing from west (right) bank Kherson Oblast in November 2022.[46] The Russian Ministry of Defense (MoD) has increasingly targeted Russian milbloggers in censorship and self-censorship campaigns, and it is possible that MoD-affiliated actors aimed to censor this milblogger.[47] The milblogger claimed that “traitors” abducted the raccoon and left occupied Ukraine and suggested that the milblogger may have personally known who took the animal, however.[48] Ukrainian Kherson Oblast Military Administration Advisor Serhiy Khlan stated that the raccoon had previously attacked Kherson Oblast occupation head Vladimir Saldo and criticized the Russians for losing the raccoon.[49]

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Haha what the gently caress

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Regarde Aduck posted:

"source: ourselves" is a killer bit

Why would they need any other source. The AFU is posting this for an audience that wants to believe in Ukraine's total victory, the kind you'd see in a film. So they're willing to believe anything as long as it's Good News for Ukraine.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
they stole the mans racoon

truly the biggest travesty here

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

That Georgian is pretty hooah considering the L they took in 08

imho sometimes taking a dive is the right move, considering the obvious counterexample. takes a big man to accept that L

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
slava ukraini

https://x.com/nypost/status/1719394976658792878?s=20

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
im more surprised he lets the sniffer-in-chief near his children

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Beyond deranged. Wtf.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Delta-Wye posted:

he's been friends with Ghislaine Maxwell since they were kids. he probably got a promotion for supplying his own kids

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Spergin Morlock posted:

he's been friends with Ghislaine Maxwell since they were kids. he probably got a promotion for supplying his own kids

wait what

oh poo poo e v e r y t h i n g makes sense now

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Delta-Wye posted:

Blinken went to the same Dalton school that Epstein did

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
lmao

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
i used to protest before i took a bullet to the knee

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Imagine what they're gonna tell this kid in ten years when he asks about these pictures lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

blinken is def one of the craziest people in the history of the world

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Frosted Flake posted:

These scarlets are decidedly not tailored, and the soles have tread on them, whereas the other boots were authentic Sanders and Sanders George boots

Are you telling me British parade infantry wear cavalry boots?

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Yeah, gonna say neither of those grown men should be around or have children.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Weka posted:

Are you telling me British parade infantry wear cavalry boots?

I suppose so? They can be boxed for spurs or not.

The Wellingtons are the more traditional cavalry boot though, you have to wear them with riding overalls and they only come with spurs.

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Is this true ?

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1622636568165986304

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yes it’s been reported many times iirc

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Vladimir Putin I call on you to give back the racoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

euphronius posted:

yes it’s been reported many times iirc

It's been pretty exhaustively reported tbh. The exact details might be somewhat in the air, but the basic version of events is:

-Ukraine and Russia were reasonably close to an agreement to put an end to the fighting
-Boris Johnson, under direction from Washington, shows up and talks Zelensky into keeping the fight up because yeah we'll totally help Ukraine reclaim all its territory, we're in this to the bitter end
-Ukraine backs out of peace talks and there's been no serious negotiations since