Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Does this actually do anything?
I can see the Shadow Clone, but it's just standing there, not mimicking anything.
A visual feedback of it doing something would be really nice.

Also pretty cool that you can farm tons of Uniques from the bosses but there's almost zero chance to randomly get the one you need to actually progress your build.

Or have the temporarily removed Tibaults Will from the loot pool altogether because of the 23 combo point bug for Rogues?

But I guess I won't need it anymore anyways in a day or two when I'm 100 and done with the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

henkman posted:

Let you use excess vampire blood to purchase glyph xp
I would love this.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I got a pair of tibaults pants. Then a condemnation a little later.

I'm not sure how to actually set up the combo points but bosses just explode sometimes.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Patch day today right?

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

Was there something shonky going on with the D4 network last night? I played for a couple of hours and didn't see one other player, whether in town, or open world (helltides, bloodtide).

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Mustached Demon posted:

I got a pair of tibaults pants. Then a condemnation a little later.

I'm not sure how to actually set up the combo points but bosses just explode sometimes.

I got the pants in first duriel fight. Have gotten like 4 or 5 of the daggers. What build are you using? I'm not using the dagger but I think that in conjunction with the pants can lead to bosses exploding. Build up points and then nuke basically.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

If you linked your prime gaming account with your bnet account, there were some giveaways. Pretty sure it was not 5k worth of play, though.
They've given away a mount, some tier skips, crossbow & book skins, and another 5 tier skips. No plat.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I'm pretty confused where the plat came from. My credit card doesn't even have the right zip code on my account, I'm not sure it would even work.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
/\/\/\save it for the next season. They actually got me to lay down cash for cosmetics finally. I was just short of plat to get the cool bone outfit for my druid with the stuff i've built up since launch, so I plunked down money to get enough plat for that one and the slutty rogue outfit.

I blame being on vacation.

an iksar marauder posted:

I wish there was a way to skip collecting all those dumb statues

thee lilith statues? Once you get them all, they should be cleared for all your subsequent characters. I think there's still a normal/hardcore divide though.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 31, 2023

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Suburban Dad posted:

I got the pants in first duriel fight. Have gotten like 4 or 5 of the daggers. What build are you using? I'm not using the dagger but I think that in conjunction with the pants can lead to bosses exploding. Build up points and then nuke basically.

Your standard poison imbue TB build. Not really sure how to activate the combo point torrent or know when I have a bazillion combo points. I approach bosses with a dodge roll, poison imbue, combo up, then stabby stab. Poison pool plops down and then the boss hp bar goes full poisoned and just drops.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Sometimes you just got to bitch online about it.

Got my Tibaults from Avarice just now.
Just in time before the patch hits where they probably take out the combo point bug (even if it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes released earlier, I think).

Duriel and Lilith, here I come.

Mustached Demon posted:

Not really sure how to activate the combo point torrent or know when I have a bazillion combo points.

When you hover over your combo point meter it will show "19/19" for example.
With the Condemnation dagger, you can fill that up almost instantly, definitely feels quicker than a "30% chance to add 3 combo points", almost as if it's a "30% chance to fill your MAX combo points", because they didn't account for the Tibault bug.

Edit: Yup, the new training dummy confirms this.
The Condemnation proc just fills up ALL your combo points, not just adds 3.
And it's not patched out after the update today.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 31, 2023

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

ngl the kitty backpack makes me wanna spend money

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I hit level 60 and just unlocked T4. The boss melted in a few seconds. I fought the boss next to the tree in T3 and he dies in a few seconds with my ball lightning sorc. What should I be doing at this point? Should I be living in T4? What is in T4 vs T3?

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
The premium battlepass cost 1000 plat and you get less than 1000 for completing the battlepass, right? I assumed I'd be able to use the plat to get the next season battlepass for "free" since that's how most games work.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I don’t think it’s most. Just a couple of the higher profile ones.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

an iksar marauder posted:

I wish there was a way to skip collecting all those dumb statues

Yea it's a grind for sure. You just have to bite the bullet and knock it out in a few hours and then never again.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

If Blizzard introduces new content that is required to enjoy new content, like the Helltide chests that give you Living Steel to farm Duriel farming materials, and there is a bug that causes the chests that have Living Steel to not show up, then they need to make it so Embers persist. Its loving horseshit that I can farm up 300+ Embers but not get to spend them because I waste 10 minutes faffing about to get the goddamned chest to spawn but it never does.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Philthy posted:

I hit level 60 and just unlocked T4. The boss melted in a few seconds. I fought the boss next to the tree in T3 and he dies in a few seconds with my ball lightning sorc. What should I be doing at this point? Should I be living in T4? What is in T4 vs T3?

Go to the vamptides in T4 and see how you fare. You can likely just run around with vamp keys and gear up relatively quickly using those chests. Realistically though you should be fine to start farming T4.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

George H.W. oval office posted:

Go to the vamptides in T4 and see how you fare. You can likely just run around with vamp keys and gear up relatively quickly using those chests. Realistically though you should be fine to start farming T4.

do this to gear up then hit a world boss to try and get 925 weapon and offhand

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Mustached Demon posted:

Your standard poison imbue TB build. Not really sure how to activate the combo point torrent or know when I have a bazillion combo points. I approach bosses with a dodge roll, poison imbue, combo up, then stabby stab. Poison pool plops down and then the boss hp bar goes full poisoned and just drops.

I wish my goddamn poison druid could do that. It's exponentially better than when I tried this build at launch and couldn't get past 40 (currently 90), but I'm lucky if all my different poison sources get an even level boss 1/4 full of poison

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

If Blizzard introduces new content that is required to enjoy new content, like the Helltide chests that give you Living Steel to farm Duriel farming materials, and there is a bug that causes the chests that have Living Steel to not show up, then they need to make it so Embers persist. Its loving horseshit that I can farm up 300+ Embers but not get to spend them because I waste 10 minutes faffing about to get the goddamned chest to spawn but it never does.

If that happens to you, porting to a Town (as in, one of the major ones like Kyvoshad) or entering a cellar/dungeon should fix it.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

George H.W. oval office posted:

Kaysette posted:

do this to gear up then hit a world boss to try and get 925 weapon and offhand

Okay, thanks. I'll try that when I got time later.

How about the new bosses.. Duriel? Is that only T4? Is that group only or should I be able to try and solo him as well? I have a bunch of materials for the guy under the tree. Do I need others?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
To fight Duriel, you need to fight both Echo of Varshan (the tree dude, he drops Mucus Egg) and the Galvanized Saint (he needs Living Steel, he drops Shard of Agony) twice, on T4 because they both drop mats you need two of to summon Uber Duriel.

Note, that all summonable mats needed for the bosses are tradable, and Shard of Agony in particular goes for a decent amount of gold actually. Also worth noting if you go in groups, only the person who uses the mats to summon Varshan/Saint dude whose name I can’t remember actually get the Egg/Shard. Everyone still gets loot though, which is why it’s not a terrible idea of look for Duriel Groups at least.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
what bosses do I need for the "defeat all world bosses" goal, just the 3 world bosses, or some of the new one added this season? I swear I got all three on wt4 by now.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Soonmot posted:

what bosses do I need for the "defeat all world bosses" goal, just the 3 world bosses, or some of the new one added this season? I swear I got all three on wt4 by now.

Yeah it's the 3 world bosses that spawn on a timer.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Soonmot posted:

I was just short of plat to get the cool bone outfit for my druid with the stuff i've built up since launch, so I plunked down money to get enough plat for that one and the slutty rogue outfit.
I would probably buy the slutty rogue if it was for every class but £20 for just the one class? gently caress right off until I can have a leather daddy druid.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I would probably buy the slutty rogue if it was for every class but £20 for just the one class? gently caress right off until I can have a leather daddy druid.

I wish they had given her hotpants instead of panties if they didn't want to reuse the cool leather pants the male gets. leather panties just look so dumb.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I haven't beaten the game but I was reading up on the story. Gotta say I'm more on Lilith's side than anyone elses. gently caress heaven, gently caress hell. And jesus christ gently caress Inarius - dude killed his own kid because his homies ghosted him.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

it’s not a terrible idea of look for Duriel Groups at least.

Is there a discord or something where goons can group up for Duriel? I got the mats but would rather do 4 runs with em than just 1.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shard posted:

I haven't beaten the game but I was reading up on the story. Gotta say I'm more on Lilith's side than anyone elses. gently caress heaven, gently caress hell. And jesus christ gently caress Inarius - dude killed his own kid because his homies ghosted him.

Inarius is the most divorced dad since Elon.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

boar guy posted:

ngl the kitty backpack makes me wanna spend money

Same. Also somewhat the sexy rogue. But drat that poo poo is expensive for it not to be all classes especially.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I think it would suck more to live in Sanctuary than it would to live in the Warhammer 40k Universe. At least there it seems like humanity has a chance.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Orange Crush Rush posted:

If that happens to you, porting to a Town (as in, one of the major ones like Kyvoshad) or entering a cellar/dungeon should fix it.
I did this five times. This is what I was doing faffing about for 10 minutes after farming the embers.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
We did the first NMD and my wife gets a Mad Wolf's Glee out of it. Time to be a werewolf!

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Shard posted:

I think it would suck more to live in Sanctuary than it would to live in the Warhammer 40k Universe. At least there it seems like humanity has a chance.

The human race has a chance. I’m not sure humanity does.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Shard posted:

There's an audio log in one of the dungeons where the dude recorded cause of death of all the people buried at the church, and it was something like only 2 people died of old age out of hundreds

Grim

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Shard posted:

And jesus christ gently caress Inarius - dude killed his own kid because his homies ghosted him.
Yeah it seems their goal was to write the worst most self-righteous angel imaginable and by god they succeeded.

My favourite D4 story moment is near the end when the gates of hell flood open and all the plans are foiled and everyone is dying and no hope remains, your ultra-stoic character just straightens his/her back and goes "Let me take care of it".

Bisse fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 31, 2023

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

There's an audio log in one of the dungeons where the dude recorded cause of death of all the people buried at the church, and it was something like only 2 people died of old age out of hundreds

Grim

Yep, and most died from exsanguination

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Shard posted:

The worst thing about Lilith's plan is she seems to inspire cannibalism in the common folk wherever she goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Wow great guess i'm not playing D4 tonight