Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Data Graham posted:

Never fails to give me a headache that Trump's entire defensive approach to anything is "but Billy was pushing Jimmy around, that means you have to punish him if you punish me!!"

Like this is allegedly an adult human man here. Never developed beyond a third grade understanding of social graces

To be fair, conservatism as an entire ideology is basically the philosophy of a particularly selfish, vindictive toddler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

jokes posted:

A rich christian once told me the "camel in the eye of a needle" quote actually meant a camel from a caravan entering a city called The Eye of A Needle and they mistranslated it from a proper noun and it was actually quite easy for a camel to enter The Eye Of A Needle because camels are used by merchants to move goods so basically its saying that merchants are good and if you think about it merchants provide a lot of good in society and so it's virtuous to be in a merchant class particularly if you do a lot of business-- obviously today merchants are business owners so the saying as we've read it for 2000 years is actually completely wrong, they're saying that business owners are being fast-passed into heaven and if you do a lot of business your camels can very easily enter the city. Hell, they may even build you a door!

He loved cocaine, and he loved strip clubs, and he hated his wife

The camel still had to be completely unloaded before it could go through the passage to the city which was jesus' whole loving point.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

jokes posted:

A rich christian once told me the "camel in the eye of a needle" quote actually meant a camel from a caravan entering a city called The Eye of A Needle and they mistranslated it from a proper noun and it was actually quite easy for a camel to enter The Eye Of A Needle because camels are used by merchants to move goods so basically its saying that merchants are good and if you think about it merchants provide a lot of good in society and so it's virtuous to be in a merchant class particularly if you do a lot of business-- obviously today merchants are business owners so the saying as we've read it for 2000 years is actually completely wrong, they're saying that business owners are being fast-passed into heaven and if you do a lot of business your camels can very easily enter the city. Hell, they may even build you a door!

He loved cocaine, and he loved strip clubs, and he hated his wife

Apparently he has a thing for loving camels as well.

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what set him off?

She’s black and a woman, hope this helps

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Every so often, when someone furls their brow at the behavior of christians and tries to rectify it with the stated goal of churches of being good or whatever I link a few sermons from the antebellum south and during the civil war to remind everyone that Jesus is whatever the ruling class wants him to be

which means honestly Trump is a really good christian. doesnt read the bible and does whatever the hell he wants and gives tax cuts to rich people

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

quote:

lawyer Harlan Protass

When they can't pay in cash or horses, they're forced to turn to one who accepts payment in vespene gas.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

tokyo reject posted:

She’s black and a woman, hope this helps

She's also after him.

Well she's after us, he's just in the way...

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

butt dickus posted:

where did 8% come from? are people really paying that? mine is 2.75%

Yeah it's a direct result of the feds raising the interest rate. There's a lot of hokum about bond rates, etc. all going up because DEBT but it's really just that the feds raised their target rates.

It's essentially the borrowing rate of banks, so if a bank can borrow at 0.5% and loan money at 2.75%, they're making money on that spread. Now with the fed rate at 5.5%, banks have to lend at much higher rates to make a profit. This brings down bond prices, and drives yields up, because institutions that buy bonds have to get a higher rate to cover their cost of capital to make it worth it to hold bonds.

Theoretically home prices should come down in this environment, but nobody with a locked 2.75% rate wants to sell, because they would have to refinance into like an 8% rate. This has killed supply, and it's gonna take awhile to impact on housing prices without government intervention, which would be funding home building. This is unpopular usually because the haves don't want their property values to drop to make the market accessible to the have nots, so it's a hard sell politically to build tons of affordable housing because people suck.

I'm not sold on increasing rates without other interventions to stop price gouging, increase supply of necessary items such as housing, etc. but the federal government's ability to intervene in markets has drastically gutted over 40 years of Reagonomics.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/PocketCastNews/status/1719425365503037940

Send in the clones!

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

haljordan posted:

The NYPD has like a trillion dollar budget, why is it up to Letitia James to prevent all crime

Because apparently the NYPD works exactly like Gotham City and Letita James is Commissioner Gordon

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

haljordan posted:

I can't wait for this useless lump of skin to completely disavow Trump once he finally shits himself to death.

Also I'd love to know where she got these stats because lol

same place trump is going to poo poo himself from

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

ProfessorMarvel posted:

Because apparently the NYPD works exactly like Gotham City and Letita James is Commissioner Gordon

I was thinking she must be batman.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 31, 2023

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Most people don’t know this, but Jesus overturned the tables of the money changers to help them find the coins they had dropped that had rolled way back where they were hard to reach.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

ProfessorMarvel posted:

They have SIX submarine drones but apparently a troop of Girl Scouts would do a more effective job lol

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Murdstone posted:

Most people don’t know this, but Jesus overturned the tables of the money changers to help them find the coins they had dropped that had rolled way back where they were hard to reach.

when jesus beat the poo poo out of money changers with a whipe it was actually a mistranslation and he was giving them kisses not licks

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Disingenuous as gently caress.

The median house price in every county that's part of her district is under $300K, most under $200K. Most of her district is poor rear end white trash.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

kazil posted:

do you think Stank and Choad were allowed to trick or treat as children?

stank or choad showed up to a yankees game in a jersey and don slapped him for not wearing a suit lol

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

ProfessorMarvel posted:

That's probably giving her too much credit. Gordon actually did want to reform the police force and realized he needed Batman to help him because changing the system from within us nigh impossible.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Alan Smithee posted:

stank or choad showed up to a yankees game in a jersey and don slapped him for not wearing a suit lol

It's even better than that: Trump showed up at Junior's dorm/apartment to pick him up, saw he was wearing a jersey and THEN slapped him and told him to go put on a suit.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I've said this before, but if Biden, Letitia James, Jack Smith, and Fani Willis planned all this out from the Oval Office on Day 1 of his presidency I'd be loving proud. So long as the news doesn't break until Wednesday November 6th, 2024.

Dimestore Merlin
Jul 14, 2007

Obey your Spider-Lord

Stink Billyums posted:

lol dieworkwear wrote an article about desantis' lifts for politico

https://twitter.com/dieworkwear/status/1719363621321667066?newtwitter=true

Politico posted:

In an email to POLITICO Magazine, DeSantis’ press secretary, Bryan Griffin, writes, “Considering the fact that Politico Magazine admittedly spent money to consult ‘boot experts’ to run this hit piece on DeSantis tells you all you need to know about their ‘journalism.’ The governor doesn’t pad his boots, but if he ever needed anything to line a pet cage or fold up and wedge under a table leg, that would be the highest and best use for Politico Magazine.” (To be clear, POLITICO Magazine did not compensate any of the boot makers quoted in this story. Also, POLITICO Magazine does not appear in print. —Ed.)
Lol

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

lol that's a great rebuttal

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

You find excellent tweets and content for this thread and I want to publically acknowledge that.

Also it's kind of amazing how many body doubles Fetterman can find at his height and facial looks.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

was hoping for a more natural costume

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

B-Rock452 posted:

The camel still had to be completely unloaded before it could go through the passage to the city which was jesus' whole loving point.

I'm not even sure it was that. From what I understand, there's no real evidence that there was such a gate called the eye of the needle, and Jesus was literally saying that it's easier to get an entire living, breathing camel through a needle than to get into heaven if you're a greedy gently caress who spends all his time focusing on accruing and hoarding wealth. The interpretation of it as a gate seems to be mainly a prosperity gospel thing.

Edit: Did a little bit of fact-checking online. Couldn't find any proof of an Eye of the Needle gate, but there is a debate whether camel is a mistranslation of a Biblical Greek word that means "cord" or "thick rope" - which is basically still the same aforementioned meaning how it's more likely you'll be able to fit something enormous into the eye of a needle than to be a rich rear end in a top hat and get into heaven.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 31, 2023

TheKub
May 11, 2006

I love this guy's sense of humor.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Harry_Potato posted:

Apparently he has a thing for loving camels as well.

Who doesn't love a good hump or two?

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Jesus "turning over the tables" really meant that he too the multiplication tables they were using and turned them upside down. This was so that the effective tax rates were swapped from the terrible, immoral "progressive" tax structure to a good and moral structure where the rich didn't pay anywhere near as much as the poor.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Today is video day on Truth.com. There are so many fun videos of Trump ranting about everything.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

LifeSunDeath posted:

A court judgment has been issued against Bannon for the $480,000, which he is fighting with the help of lawyer Harlan Protass.

1: lol Protass
2: Who will he hire when he needs to fight against paying Protass?

TheKub
May 11, 2006

DemonTrigger posted:

1: lol Protass
2: Who will he hire when he needs to fight against paying Protass?

Baxter Zarg, but Protass is probably better against Zarg. He should go with Chandler Terrain.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

kazil posted:

Today is video day on Truth.com. There are so many fun videos of Trump ranting about everything.

I wonder how many times they had to redo this video because he kept being racist

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I was just heading out to commit some felonies, but then I stopped and looked up who the AG was for the city, and decided I better not.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Dapper_Swindler posted:

was hoping for a more natural costume

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

kazil posted:

Ain't no way.... ain't no fuckin' WAY.... :staredog::dafuq:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

emSparkly posted:

That's probably giving her too much credit. Gordon actually did want to reform the police force and realized he needed Batman to help him because changing the system from within us nigh impossible.

But batman is just a rich guy with toys that destroys bridges and places a higher tax burden on the city to rebuild without actually solving the crime as nothing is done to help with mental health and all these people are criminally insane. He just beats up the mentally ill!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Nocheez posted:

I was just heading out to commit some felonies, but then I stopped and looked up who the AG was for the city, and decided I better not.

Various district attorneys and state AGs all having Rogues Galleries like Batman

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I always play as the Protass due to their powerful ion cannons

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

pixaal posted:

But batman is just a rich guy with toys that destroys bridges and places a higher tax burden on the city to rebuild without actually solving the crime as nothing is done to help with mental health and all these people are criminally insane. He just beats up the mentally ill!

That's incorrect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I would never play as the protass because they're unable to stand up to dumb rednecks