Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

Who described the IDF as barely trained, barely motivated, cops backed up by an Air Force?

Come collect your prize.

that was me. what do i win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

30.5 Days posted:

*whispered* Benghazi 2...

Benghazi 2 = Hitler ??

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://x.com/KimJongUnArabic/status/1719473485456576726?s=20

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Based KJU.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Confusedslight posted:

So many idf tiktok videos give of christian youth group hanging out vibes.

It’s not coincidence. The two groups have been feeding off each other for decades. Like a fascist ouroboros.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Still an largely empty border area

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Frosted Flake posted:

The Moderate Rebels propaganda works. Chapo just had someone on yesterday who believed Libya, Syria and Ukraine were organic grassroots movements.

Palestine is a great test though, because there is no movement that opposes Israel the media will treat like it’s legitimate. If there was any desire to install a total comprador state for whatever reason, any of the groups now on the poo poo list would be an organic grassroots movement to overthrow Hamas tyranny.

was that vincent bevins? haven't heard the chapo episode yet but based on the Radio War Nerd episode my impression is that he thinks there are organic movements that get co-opted based on his experiences in brazil.

i suspect he's projecting his experiences in brazil too strongly on other protests but i haven't read the book yet

e.g. he talks about hong kong in the RWN episode, but doesn't mention the fact the protest achieved the goal of getting the extradition law retracted. the protests then continued with new NED-funded separatist demands.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Blarghalt posted:

that was me. what do i win

A pre-owned house on the west bank, pick up only, batteries not included

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

crepeface posted:

was that vincent bevins? haven't heard the chapo episode yet but based on the Radio War Nerd episode my impression is that he thinks there are organic movements that get co-opted based on his experiences in brazil.

i suspect he's projecting his experiences in brazil too strongly on other protests but i haven't read the book yet

e.g. he talks about hong kong in the RWN episode, but doesn't mention the fact the protest achieved the goal of getting the extradition law retracted. the protests then continued with new NED-funded separatist demands.

Yes that’s him and yes same deal

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I'll admit - i didnt understand this when i watched it as a kid. I'm loving rewatching it now though lol

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

rocket man pls

you could end israel in minutes

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/11/1/israel-hamas-war-live-anger-grows-over-israeli-attack-on-gaza-refugee-camp

Aljazeera is reporting on its live update that Chile and Colombia have recalled their ambassadors from Israel in protest.

Colombian President Petro has stated on X, "If Israel does not stop the massacre of the Palestinian people we cannot be there,”

Chilean President Boric likewise “strongly condemns” the Israeli offensive in the besieged Palestinian enclave and Israel's "unacceptable” violations of international humanitarian law by Israel in the Gaza Strip.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Homocow posted:

they really want people to believe isis and hamas are the same thing

ISIS never did anything like this. They were mean and omnicidal maniacs but they weren't doing Jeffrey Dahmer poo poo. They want you to think Hamas are worse than the Nazis.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/AryJeay/status/1719512248698188060

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

:siren: Whole Book Chapter :siren:

From Advanced Land Warfare: Tactics and Operations

The Role of Israel’s Ground Forces in Israel’s Wars

[...] snip

how do you read all this poo poo, cato-wifer

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
An entire division held back by one company of fighters??? holy poo poo

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/AryJeay/status/1719487339792077211

https://twitter.com/AryJeay/status/1719488073883385964

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I mean you could make a case that in all 3 cases there were actually genuine movements that started events rolling.

In the case of Ukraine, the protests against Eurasian Union membership were actually dying down in January 2014. That is also the exact point where the far-right took control.

The Libyan Civil War was pretty much in a stalemate when the Europeans and then particularly the US intervened.

The Syrian civil war started with peaceful protests that got violently put down and defections from the armed forces, but only really got going when moderate Islamic rebels with huge amounts in funding took over. The FSA was never really a coherent or impactful military force.

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Oglethorpe posted:

Let me really blow your mind: FF is a phone poster

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

crepeface posted:

Frosted Flake posted:

Yes that’s him and yes same deal

the jarkarta method guy?

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Oglethorpe posted:

the jarkarta method guy?

yes

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Oglethorpe posted:

its called the jakarta method

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

:negative:

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Given that Gaza is so small, how long can can Hamas’s 40k strong guerilla army realistically hold out if there isn’t help from Hezbollah?

In such a small area of land, it seems like it wouldn’t take that long for special forces nazis to discover large parts of the tunnel network.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Rollie Fingers posted:

Given that Gaza is so small, how long can can Hamas’s 40k strong guerilla army realistically hold out if there isn’t help from Hezbollah?

In such a small area of land, it seems like it wouldn’t take that long for special forces nazis to discover large parts of the tunnel network.

likewise but their 401k

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im done with twitter for the day.

https://twitter.com/OfficialFtSill/status/1719104478769537327

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Rollie Fingers posted:

Given that Gaza is so small, how long can can Hamas’s 40k strong guerilla army realistically hold out if there isn’t help from Hezbollah? .

10 more turns

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

more of wolf questioning (another) idf spokes person on the refugee camp bombing

https://twitter.com/jordanuhl/status/1719486238955069834

Part of me wonders if not everybody in the state department is down for giving Israel everything it wants this time.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/nikkisnotokay/status/1719459715501977920

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Rollie Fingers posted:

they can hold out until israel and friends are willing to take a whole lot more than 40k casualties sending people in to die to clear the tunnels, a process that hasn't even begun

there are thousands of entrances and many times more than that of corners and doors to clear

atelier morgan has issued a correction as of 02:35 on Nov 1, 2023

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat

Frosted Flake posted:

They have to ratchet up the atrocity propaganda because what Israel is doing is so loving insane.

they loving started with 40 decapitated babies

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Marenghi posted:

New atrocity propaganda just dropped. Blinken claiming Hamas dismembered a family alive in their kitchen before executing them. And after sat down to eat a meal surrounded by that gore.

https://x.com/AvivaKlompas/status/1719419431586070752?s=20

lol every day there has to be a new atrocity to justify today's new atrocity, and every one of them has to be worse than the last one every time. Cartoon poo poo

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

How much of the IDF has always been PR?

“Following a particularly embarrassing failure, in which 89 rounds were fired at two Syrian tanks at a range of 1,200 meters and not one hit, the armoured corps underwent a major revision of tactics and tactical and mechanical training.”

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1719352291457712293

Hezbollah needs to justify this war to the Lebanese people. If they attack then ”Israel” will attack civilians in Beirut and that could harm them politically.

They want “Israel” to strike first.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Everyone freaked out about the hospital, seems like nobody is batting an eye with the refugee camp.

We've reached anger fatigue.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I think everyone has made up their minds at this point.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Real Mean Queen posted:

lol every day there has to be a new atrocity to justify today's new atrocity, and every one of them has to be worse than the last one every time. Cartoon poo poo

I’m beside myself because, let’s say for the sake of argument, even if this awful poo poo is true — THIS IS NOT A REASON TO CARPET BOMB CIVILIANS

I went from being super angry to just laughing at how absurd it all is, but now I’m stuck back in angry land and I can’t seem to budge.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

sure there were a lot of women and children around but it was the only way to get to jack skellington

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockenheim
Oct 20, 2022

by VG