Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Part of me wonders if not everybody in the state department is down for giving Israel everything it wants this time.

there’s a mass revolt by staffers already because Blinken’s family has likely been completely co-opted by Mossad and has been for decades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I think everyone has made up their minds at this point.

Don't force me to pick a side.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Houthis, no one would miss the UAE if it was gone…

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

“The preference to lead with tanks in hilly to mountainous terrain was contrary to accepted knowledge, however the Israelis preferred it because, although the tank units would have more difficulty and take more vehicle casualties, the total number of human casualties would be lower.”

The smartest country

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Rollie Fingers posted:

Houthis, no one would miss the UAE if it was gone…

The extradition evaders would!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

isn't sderot the place where a few years back there were israelis watching gaza get bombed from nearby hilltops like it was a loving spectator sport?

google says yes lmao NYT: Israelis Watch Bombs Drop on Gaza From Front-Row Seats

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

apatheticman posted:

Everyone freaked out about the hospital, seems like nobody is batting an eye with the refugee camp.

We've reached anger fatigue.

people care about the sick, they can relate. Refugees are lepers

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Frosted Flake posted:

“The preference to lead with tanks in hilly to mountainous terrain was contrary to accepted knowledge, however the Israelis preferred it because, although the tank units would have more difficulty and take more vehicle casualties, the total number of human casualties would be lower.”

The smartest country

And they call us tankies

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Frosted Flake posted:

The smartest country

Their equipment is essentially free, they just cry and stomp and the US coughs it up.

Rental car military.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

“It was clear that no matter how much Israel improved its ground force equipment and training, fighting through such dense and deep arrays would entail casualties too heavy and a duration that would be too long for Israel to achieve its typical strategic goals—annihilating enemy forces and capturing terrain to serve as bargaining chips for the expected post-war diplomacy.

The new technology of accurate long-range munitions seemed to offer a solution.”

/thread

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Verhoeven-rear end country

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Frosted Flake posted:

The Moderate Rebels propaganda works. Chapo just had someone on yesterday who believed Libya, Syria and Ukraine were organic grassroots movements.

Palestine is a great test though, because there is no movement that opposes Israel the media will treat like it’s legitimate. If there was any desire to install a total comprador state for whatever reason, any of the groups now on the poo poo list would be an organic grassroots movement to overthrow Hamas tyranny.

this is an extremely simplistic paraphrasing of his point and im not surprised that a troop can't do nuance

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Karach posted:

We're going to find out that an Israeli did this in a previous war. Hamas fighters frankly lack the genocidal imagination of their oppressors

it was a thing american-trained right wing death squads did in nicaragua in the 80s, so yeah israel's done it too at some point

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

“Having not trained for this type of combat for several years, the Israeli ground forces suffered one tactical setback after another (in one example a whole Israeli division needed more than 36 hours and suffered dozens of casualties to cross a few kilometres of ground whilst faced with the equivalent of one infantry company with a few anti-tank missile launchers)”

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

how the gently caress does the iron dome not have huge stockpiles of reserves? is it just another case of Israel underestimating their enemy?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Bastard Tetris posted:

there’s a mass revolt by staffers already because Blinken’s family has likely been completely co-opted by Mossad and has been for decades

state department??? no i call it the Maxwell House

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

CODChimera posted:

how the gently caress does the iron dome not have huge stockpiles of reserves? is it just another case of Israel underestimating their enemy?

lol we raided them for ukraine

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Al! posted:

lmao poo poo

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

Al! posted:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

CODChimera posted:

I think it's just typical capitalist rot from a corrupt police state that believed it was all for show anyways because no other modality aside from murdering helpless civilians was possible. cop brain all the way through

e: but I mean even some people had taken a more pragmatic view the problem is institutional so it was probably irrecoverable. the entire concept of the iron dome is an example that wasn't fixable with details because it's fundamentally the police brain that built it

speng31b has issued a correction as of 02:58 on Nov 1, 2023

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Doesn't matter how big the interceptor stockpile is, Hamas has more rockets, and Hezbollah has even more besides. The Ukraine war already demonstrated that the western Military Industrial Complex is incapable of meeting the production demands of an actual war because post-Cold War planners assumed we would always be dominant enough to manage any conflict with a bespoke arsenal.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Voice of Labor posted:

hamas put calibanibal on ignore

lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
chile cutting ties

https://x.com/spectatorindex/status/1719533530328572382?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

this allusion meant
Apr 9, 2006

kju's whole program is making sure they can't turn his country into gaza like it was in the war and westoids will never forgive him for it

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

heyooooo

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Al! posted:

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

some gaza/west bank hospital pictures are talking about explosive small munitions rounds used on locals, and another video seems to show israelis arbitarily killing tied up palestinian/hamas blindfolded civilians/soldiers

hmm cool ok yea

wtf

e: would those small explosive rounds be the "less than 400ft" rounds that the lovely advanced rifles they tested out be?

Oglethorpe has issued a correction as of 03:05 on Nov 1, 2023

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Bolivia I actually kind of expected to cut ties, since they've done it before. This is new

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

this allusion meant posted:

kju's whole program is making sure they can't turn his country into gaza like it was in the war and westoids will never forgive him for it

he was safe even without the nukes because Seoul is within range of conventional artillery and is extremely population dense

but the nukes definitely add an exclamation point

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Joementum posted:

he was safe even without the nukes because Seoul is within range of conventional artillery and is extremely population dense

thanks nerd

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

“It was clear that no matter how much Israel improved its ground force equipment and training, fighting through such dense and deep arrays would entail casualties too heavy and a duration that would be too long for Israel to achieve its typical strategic goals—annihilating enemy forces and capturing terrain to serve as bargaining chips for the expected post-war diplomacy.

The new technology of accurate long-range munitions seemed to offer a solution.”

/thread

War is hard, and sometimes people have to die.

The new technology of accurate long-range munitions seemed to offer a solution.

this allusion meant
Apr 9, 2006

Joementum posted:

why would america care about seoul

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Blarghalt posted:

Bolivia I actually kind of expected to cut ties, since they've done it before. This is new

Lol remember democrats denying they were couping bolivia while it was happening

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Joementum posted:

I dunno man, the Koreans might not have been as willing but ... *gestures at recent events ..

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Also, yeah the Iron Dome is just really expensive and most of the cost probably isn’t even the ammo but training, operation, and upkeep. Also, the West, including Israel it looks like, isn’t great about manufacturing massive amounts of ordinance. They have stockpiles for a month or two, not for years.

It is probably why one of the more helpful things the Houthis could do is just keep on wearing down US and Israeli ad stockpiles. Just keep on sending drones and cheaper ordnance out there until they have to start surrendering more and more airspace.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Al! posted:

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

Joementum posted:

Presuming America's ghoul leaders give a drat about the population of Seoul. If I were a Korean, I certainly wouldn't want my government to bet on that.

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://twitter.com/hasanthehun/status/1719529276377350424

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

this allusion meant posted:

why would america care about seoul

the American empire is somewhat weirdly deferent to its proxies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth