Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Never had anyone name their kid after my programming before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Milo and POTUS posted:

Draculas are stupid as poo poo if what we do in the shadows is indicative of anything

If they've been around long enough they'd have lived through not only leaded gas, but also literally drinking mercury as a laxative. Heavy metal poisoning makes you both stupid, angry, and insane so it kinda checks all the boxes.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

If they've been around long enough they'd have lived through not only leaded gas, but also literally drinking mercury as a laxative. Heavy metal poisoning makes you both stupid, angry, and insane so it kinda checks all the boxes.

:hmmyes: And with biomagnification concentrating pollutants in apex predators, they'd be even more impacted than your average human

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1719518654063096087

Uh, who?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

zoux posted:

Uh, who?

Pfft, get a load of this joker who's never seen The Bladerunner!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Blade Runner, the famous Wesley Snipes character.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

drat if I am ever attacked by an archer I will be safe inside the cybertruck, unlike a if I was in a normal car or wearing a fairly thick coat.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

Blade Runner, the famous Wesley Snipes character.

I thought he was more of an uphill ice skater than a runner

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

kazil posted:

I thought he was more of an uphill ice skater than a runner

no that was the other guy.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

no that was the other guy.

I think it was just some motherfucker.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Son of Rodney posted:

It took me way too long to realize that count von count was a vampire because they are known for being compulsive, well, counters. Folklore was that if one was following you, you could drop a small sack of grains or something and they'd have to stop to count them :allears:

o m f g

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

OwlFancier posted:

drat if I am ever attacked by an archer I will be safe inside the cybertruck, unlike a if I was in a normal car or wearing a fairly thick coat.

Maybe it's not a concern for you, but for the wealthy residents of Star City this is an essential feature.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Tiggum posted:

Maybe it's not a concern for you, but for the wealthy residents of Star City this is an essential feature.

Yeah, well, they shouldn't have failed that city.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"they say you Blade Runner."
"that's right, it's me, Blade Runner. how do you do?"

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Blade Runner is just the mobile runner game of the Blade IP

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Please, Mr Runner is my father. Just call me Blade

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Son of Rodney posted:

It took me way too long to realize that count von count was a vampire because they are known for being compulsive, well, counters. Folklore was that if one was following you, you could drop a small sack of grains or something and they'd have to stop to count them :allears:

I hope it didn’t take you too much longer to realize that this isn’t the reason, and the counting character is a vampire because Dracula’s title is Count

and he likes to count

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

The Count isn't a vampire, he's vampire-like :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LENSqVW3Q3k

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Ishamael posted:

I hope it didn’t take you too much longer to realize that this isn’t the reason, and the counting character is a vampire because Dracula’s title is Count

and he likes to count

I just realised that "Jurassic Park" is a reference to the Korean paleontologist Jin-Young Park of the Seodaemun Museum of Natural History.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

It's actually a reference to the Chief Safety Officer at Kia Motors America.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Yeah there's a Netflix film called errementari where a scene involves throwing a jar of grains to force the demon to count them allowing people to escape

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Ishamael posted:

and he likes to count

Seems likely that it's actually both. The thing about vampires compulsively counting things is pretty well-known. :shrug:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Yeah there's a Netflix film called errementari where a scene involves throwing a jar of grains to force the demon to count them allowing people to escape

Oh I knew about the counting thing, just never made the connection

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

zoux posted:

Folklore style vampires are such losers, I could effortlessly kill them by the dozens with bag of seed and crossing a river

Yeah, but then again they could disguise themselves as so many other things, including haystacks.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

zoux posted:

Folklore style vampires are such losers, I could effortlessly kill them by the dozens with bag of seed and crossing a river

Yeah we all read stories to solve

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Video unavailable
This video contains content from LDS, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds

lol

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Hate when the world's boldest kidnapper yanks your kid into their house right in front of you and then you have to sit there tapping your watch waiting for the cops, only to have them tell you obviously Batman doesn't live in that house so your kid can't be in there

last year i got one of those inflatable t-rex costumes for halloween and as I had just finished putting it on and inflating it, my gf at the time opened the door to a bunch of lil kid trick or treaters and they saw me in the costume and all of a sudden there were like 20 5-6 year olds in my house enamored with the dinosaur. their parents had to come inside and pull them out and i'm like "drat people, don't your kids know not to run into a stranger's house?"

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Large Testicles posted:

last year i got one of those inflatable t-rex costumes for halloween and as I had just finished putting it on and inflating it, my gf at the time opened the door to a bunch of lil kid trick or treaters and they saw me in the costume and all of a sudden there were like 20 5-6 year olds in my house enamored with the dinosaur. their parents had to come inside and pull them out and i'm like "drat people, don't your kids know not to run into a stranger's house?"

No lesson in a 5-6 year old’s head survives contact with an inflatable dinosaur costume.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Hippocrass posted:

Video unavailable
This video contains content from LDS, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds

lol

Who the gently caress are the LDS. Brasseye was Channel 4 and Talkback.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The Mormons

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Aramoro posted:

Who the gently caress are the LDS. Brasseye was Channel 4 and Talkback.

Latter Day Saints

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Well for context it's a clip of a real news report showing footage of a paedophile disguised as a school to lure in children. Shocking stuff.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Aramoro posted:

Well for context it's a clip of a real news report showing footage of a paedophile disguised as a school to lure in children. Shocking stuff.

Was he Mormon?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Hippocrass posted:

Was he Mormon?

A pedophile, yes

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Whoever he is, I hope they catch him. He really is a poo poo.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
They should keep him away somehow, like shoot him into space in a rocket or something

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Good, bad, I'm the Runner with the Blade

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

The truck is definitely very bad, comma, rear end.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/davescook/status/1719626543415148963

https://twitter.com/TheRealMattC/status/1719516592122343429

Dark times for Guy Mann

https://twitter.com/metaltxt/status/1719543035175051324

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
twitter is doing this fun new thing for me where I click on a tweet and it opens the previous tweet I looked at in the browser, not the current tweet. This has happened on desktop and phone lol