Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So they had a meeting with Adams on Monday. Going to guess he demanded heads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Good on you Mark for admitting a mistake quicker than anyone expected

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
duh raiduhs

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Not the coach I thought the Bears were going to get fired, but okay.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

:stare: I had to quadruple check this wasn't Adarn

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Raiders doin the smart thing.

Who they hire will probably be dumb as hell anyway though.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

It'll be the coach with the fastest time in the 40.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

:lmao:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
This all could have been avoided by not hiring Josh McDaniels as head coach in the first place.

Why would anybody do that? Did Mark Davis lose a bet?

Now that I think about it, Mark Davis probably has lost a lot of bets.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

drat, pulled the trigger on that one fast, I’m surprised.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

just having a crazy thought here, but what if it turned out McDaniels actually hadn't grown as a head coach at all and is still the same dumb rear end in a top hat who alienated everyone in Denver

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

BlindSite posted:

Bill Belichick, $50mil/year

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

The337th posted:

just having a crazy thought here, but what if it turned out McDaniels actually hadn't grown as a head coach at all and is still the same dumb rear end in a top hat who alienated everyone in Denver

Why are you so pessimistic? Maybe just literally everything was bad luck. Or maybe he was about to go undefeated for the next five years. We can speculate all day.

I, for one, think McDaniels needs one more chance. Maybe as the Chargers HC to keep the division tour going.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Docjowles posted:

:stare: I had to quadruple check this wasn't Adarn

Lol same

Woozie66 posted:

Good on you Mark for admitting a mistake quicker than anyone expected

Yeah. That’s a great and decisive move. Recognize mistake and move on.

Raiders are 3-5 so I didn’t think the firing would happen until a few more losses accrued.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Justice for Rich Bisaccia

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Woozie66 posted:

I, for one, think McDaniels needs one more chance. Maybe as the Chargers HC to keep the division tour going.

true, it'd be fun to see where Herbie landed

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Here on the ground floor to lol, lmao at McDaniels. I really didn't see him being the first victim, but it couldn't have happened to a better guy.

Go gently caress off back to the Belichick Cinematic Universe forever, thanks.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
He deserved to be fired but genuinely surprised he got axed so quickly given Mark's supposed finance problems that made them jettison Carr.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
I can't believe it's finally over. It's been a nightmare.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

BlindSite posted:

Rivera's next landing spot.

Kirios posted:

Here on the ground floor to lol, lmao at McDaniels. I really didn't see him being the first victim, but it couldn't have happened to a better guy.

Go gently caress off back to the Belichick Cinematic Universe forever, thanks.

It's been a long time coming. Congrats Raiders fans, there's nothing like the feeling of your idiot HC getting the boot midseason. Rest of the season is gravy now.

So do the Pats snap him back up first thing in the morning?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFmNyxni-0A

Knifing them in the absolute dead of night on Halloween makes it funnier, somehow.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

you had to know it was over when the refs didn't even need to conspire to hold the Raiders down

MrLogan posted:

This was just a straight loss. Jimmy G is bad. I don't think I've ever seen a QB who refuses to set his feet as much as Jimmy G does. Every time he's in the pocket he starts getting happy feet.

Hopefully we jettison both McDaniels and Jimmy G this off season. I can't believe we went from the best roster in the NFL in 2022 to this garbage.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

seiferguy posted:

He deserved to be fired but genuinely surprised he got axed so quickly given Mark's supposed finance problems that made them jettison Carr.

I think the money problems are overstated and they got rid of Carr because McDaniels didn’t like him. I imagine part of what got him fired is McDaniels blaming Carr for the offense not working last year, lobbying to bring in his guy, and the offense being absolutely putrid. He made Carr worse, ran him off, then brought in Jimmy G who has been dire. Not great for longevity when the team gets worse every time you get what you want.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

I'm glad I never have to see Josh McDaniels coach in the NFL again but it's legitimately hilarious he went to Oakland did the exact same poo poo he did in denver with the same results. At least mark recognized it but like..... Don't hire Josh McDaniels???????

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Mark giving Josh a bazooka joe for Halloween but inside is a toaster beef comic with the punchline "you're fired".

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Did they pull out the projector from the storage closet?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Michigan State head coach Josh McDaniels

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

Rivera's next landing spot.

It's been a long time coming. Congrats Raiders fans, there's nothing like the feeling of your idiot HC getting the boot midseason. Rest of the season is gravy now.

So do the Pats snap him back up first thing in the morning?

In the scheme of things bringing Rivera in for two or three years paired with some offensive nerd to take over would probably be not ridiculous. If ever an organization needed a steady hand in the top job for a couple years.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

I would have told him he was being fired for the Tebow pick. Some sins span franchises.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

adaz posted:

I'm glad I never have to see Josh McDaniels coach in the NFL again but it's legitimately hilarious he went to Oakland did the exact same poo poo he did in denver with the same results. At least mark recognized it but like..... Don't hire Josh McDaniels???????

Excuse me, he went to Las Vegas and did it.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So how long is McDaniels leash?

not long enough

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bold of the NFL to add a firing to the script this week after seeing how well the Ferentz one went, but that one’s still funnier

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
lol, lmao

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The GM, too, hours after the trade deadline.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Bold of the NFL to add a firing to the script this week after seeing how well the Ferentz one went, but that one’s still funnier

Kirk Ferentz has several other immediate family members he can hire to replace Brian!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Belichick to McDaniels transition plan is back on!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grata raiders fans. Dude is a loving hack. So does he go to back to New England or I dunno Tuscaloosa?

Shinji2015 posted:

Rivera's next landing spot

This is similar to when they hired del rio. Yeah he was a retread but he could put a staff together and just let things stabilize for a few years.

And hiring Rivera probably brings Del Rio back!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

adaz posted:

I'm glad I never have to see Josh McDaniels coach in the NFL again

this is the nfl, don't give them that credit just yet

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Gonz posted:

Michigan State head coach Josh McDaniels

In mild seriousness, McDaniels' power-grabbing and estranging tendencies do sort of seem like a better fit with the college scene than the pros. Maybe he could take the Belichick tree route in reverse and get himself a gig at Rutgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I wake up in the middle of the night and see that this happened. It was written in the stars when that dumbass Mark Davis hired this insecure loser manchild! It could only ever end thus!

I wonder how the Raiders are going to gently caress up their next HC hire? Let’s find out!