Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

ColdPie posted:

Ghost Song is a good metroidvania. I loved the characters & atmosphere.
Ghost Song sucked!! The combat was terrible and there was way too much of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
If anyone gets a chance I'd love to know how Wartales plays on the Xbox. I heard the switch port was pretty dire but it definitely seems like my thing.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Cool, this has been on my Steam wishlist since summer. Thanks, Phil

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Beastie posted:

Cool, this has been on my Steam wishlist since summer. Thanks, Phil
The patient gamer wins again.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Martman posted:

I agree with them on the characters and atmosphere but by the time I got the third big item for the ship and had to go back, it just wore me down too much.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Martman posted:

I 100%ed it and had a great time!!!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

yeah I mostly got frustrated by it because I was ready to like the vibes but there was just way too much disappointing and annoying stuff

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I think Lies of P is running out of steam for me, because I’m starting to notice things that could be improved. Just wanna roll credits now and it apparently has a bunch of levels to go (I’m at the obligatory swamp level)

For instance, it’s really stingy with components for weapon upgrades, so I’m not trying all the weapons I should be, because gently caress you I’m not giving up my +6, 200+95 damage great sword for some new +0 hammer that would’ve been ok for 10 hours ago. The daggers seemed fun but I couldn’t give up the extra damage AND stagger effect of the great sword. I’m not even equipping new drops because it’s a -100 damage hit

I haven’t really cared about the handles, because I got something that gives you +damage when Fable bars are full, and the Fable attacks seemed underwhelming (or I missed a lot with them)

I should’ve totally picked up the extra amulet slot perk

Also the story took a bit of a turn for the Resident Evilian, I thought this was going to be serious :colbert:

Still, had tons of fun at the beginning so deffo try it on GameAss.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

DLC Inc posted:

lol at putting Wild Hearts on Gamepass when it basically died on launch and recently shut down all support. Yakuza: Joryu Edition tho is all I need, just a huge W for getting that on the pass.

Is Wild Hearts worth going through the single player once? I did the demo/trial and thought it seemed like an ok Monster Hunter clone.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I think Lies of P is running out of steam for me, because I’m starting to notice things that could be improved. Just wanna roll credits now and it apparently has a bunch of levels to go (I’m at the obligatory swamp level)
I've only played the demo, but I've seen people sharing the same complaint and saying that the Swamp is near the end?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's the second to last main area.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

For instance, it’s really stingy with components for weapon upgrades, so I’m not trying all the weapons I should be, because gently caress you I’m not giving up my +6, 200+95 damage great sword for some new +0 hammer that would’ve been ok for 10 hours ago. The daggers seemed fun but I couldn’t give up the extra damage AND stagger effect of the great sword. I’m not even equipping new drops because it’s a -100 damage hit

I haven’t really cared about the handles, because I got something that gives you +damage when Fable bars are full, and the Fable attacks seemed underwhelming (or I missed a lot with them)

I should’ve totally picked up the extra amulet slot perk

Also the story took a bit of a turn for the Resident Evilian, I thought this was going to be serious :colbert:

Still, had tons of fun at the beginning so deffo try it on GameAss.

From memory the swamp isn't too long and the zones after it are pretty short (then you get the very long last zone which is honestly two zones).

Weapon upgrades, though, I think by the swamp you should have the items that let you buy infinite upgrade materials from the hotel puppet. You definitely should have the item that let's you buy up to +3 on non boss weapons, and I think you should be able to do +6.

Also, I think you should have the gold coin tree by now and that lets you respec everything, including quartz p-organ upgrades if you want the amulet bonus.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

exquisite tea posted:

It's the second to last main area.

Swamp is chapter 8, last area is 11.

I think 9 is the remix of 1 and 10 is the path to 11.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The last 2 "areas" of the game are just 3 extremely badass bosses. Power through if you can.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Zachack posted:

Also, I think you should have the gold coin tree by now and that lets you respec everything, including quartz p-organ upgrades if you want the amulet bonus.

hot dang that's a Pro Tip right there, danke! I only used the tree for the cube thing, I'll check it again to see about respecs :cheers:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I played Wartales a bit, I was confused about what the actual goal was or if I missed something. Turns out, there isn't really a clear goal nor is there a real tutorial.

You're dropped into the world without explanation and you just do whatever seems cool to you. Sounds pretty nice, I'll start again with that in mind.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
War tales is separated into regions, each region has a level range of enemies and a main plot with auto generated side quests and multi-stage quests for the main plot. There are also some different consistent mechanics between regions that you uncover as you go.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

lol at putting Wild Hearts on Gamepass when it basically died on launch and recently shut down all support.

It didn't even hit the usual 1 year mark that EA's games generally seem to have before being available on the lower EA Play tier. The game came out in mid-February.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

played ghost song last year and remember literally nothing about it

might give coral island a try now it is coming out of early access, still waiting on slime rancher 2.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Halo is so good

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Dont think there's a Dead Space thread, so i'll ask here.

I'm blowing all my cash on health packs. Does the game change the loot drops based on what you're lacking? Wondering if i'll find more health packs of I only carry 1, or none on me.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

ChocNitty posted:

I'm blowing all my cash on health packs. Does the game change the loot drops based on what you're lacking? Wondering if i'll find more health packs of I only carry 1, or none on me.

Don't spend a dime on that poo poo.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

FireWorksWell posted:

I agree with them on the characters and atmosphere but by the time I got the third big item for the ship and had to go back, it just wore me down too much.

Yeah, it's a game that does not respect your time at all. Not many fast travel points and they're disabled when you need to bring items back to the ship, and it also autosaves right after a boss fight so if you just barely survive with no health you're going to be in for a very frustrating trek back. Also includes a death penalty that serves no purpose except to make you walk back to the recovery zone. I liked the atmosphere but couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

Yes.

Money should only get spent on upgrades and upgrade items. Consumables (aka ammo and health packs) drop based on your current amount and always in a way that encourages you to feel a little uncomfortable but never hopeless.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Barudak posted:

Yes.

Money should only get spent on upgrades and upgrade items. Consumables (aka ammo and health packs) drop based on your current amount and always in a way that encourages you to feel a little uncomfortable but never hopeless.

But what if you're really bad at it like me?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Lammasu posted:

Well then lower the difficulty, there's a reason they allow you to adjust it at any time as long as you aren't playing that one life one

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i'm around halfway through jusant going by collectible progress and it's been exactly as advertised so far. very pleasant experience, if totally unsuited for halloween

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I haven't tried JUSANT, but they list the developer as "DON'T NOD" ???

seems like they changed their name from DONTNOD a few years ago, but it's not nearly as cool.

Remember Me for lyfe! best game of 2013 (except for the bugs)

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Cod Blops Cold War looks amazing with ray tracing. I'm replaying the campaign and its really blowing me away.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lammasu posted:

Shoot off a leg, shoot the opposite arm. Instant death for a standard Necromorph.

And use the Ripper if you have it yet, a single Blade can carve apart many Necromorphs.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

kri kri posted:

Halo is so good

What modes are you playing? It looks like people are putting out whole custom campaign maps already, can't imagine what things are going to look like after months of additional work and future seasons.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Where are they hiding the community forge maps? The husky raid playlist is garbage

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Reinstalled Halo Inf mp for the horde mode thing, I dropped it at launch. Ridiculous that the bug that changes your spartan’s voice to the default hasn’t been fixed after 2ish years. Customisation is the whole point!

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Jables88 posted:

What modes are you playing? It looks like people are putting out whole custom campaign maps already, can't imagine what things are going to look like after months of additional work and future seasons.

I play big team battle

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Good news: Looks like the Lies are going to continue.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1719719660151767547?t=J8syJvQQVflhzI-TQyngTQ&s=19

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There’s already sequelbait at the end of the Lies of P credits based on ……….The Wizard of Oz……………………. lmao. DLC I’m kinda meh on. The game was sick but it was definitely overstaying its welcome, dunno what they could do with it.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Barudak posted:

Yes.

Thanks. Seems the game is throwin me more health packs now. I'm barely making it by the skin of my teeth, but at least i'm gettin my money up.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

American McGay posted:

There’s already sequelbait at the end of the Lies of P credits based on ……….The Wizard of Oz……………………. lmao. DLC I’m kinda meh on. The game was sick but it was definitely overstaying its welcome, dunno what they could do with it.

I haven't played Elden Ring (or any Soulslike really, besides DS3), so I wonder what those do differently that keep people playing hundreds of hours.

Great start on LoP and absolutely worth playing, but would benefit from another design pass to tighten up the latter sections

Still, a wonderful surprise that came out of nowhere afaik

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

I haven't played Elden Ring (or any Soulslike really, besides DS3), so I wonder what those do differently that keep people playing hundreds of hours.

Great start on LoP and absolutely worth playing, but would benefit from another design pass to tighten up the latter sections

Dark Souls is notorious for having a really rough final few zones, but the first half of the game is so good that no one really cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Build diversity and multiplayer, two things that Lies of P doesn’t do.