Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

57001 posted:

this pissed me off a normal amount (am on SSRIs), so i did some digging:

from a 2020 CDC data brief:

Easy to see a problem here -- 13.2% of adults are not committing mass violence in any regard. Women take SSRIs in higher numbers and are obviously significantly less likely to uh shoot up a school

More specifically, from a VOA study, about two-thirds of mass shooters had a history of mental health concerns, while only twenty-three percent were on psychiatric medication.

So, no, Cernobitch, mass shooters are not "almost always" on SSRIs (which are not like psychedelics but i digress), and perhaps we would have fewer mass shootings if more people were on them lol more often than not they are not on any kind of psychiatric medication

---
not that any of those numbers matter because the real cause of mass shootings is a toxic combination of guns, radicalization, and domestic violence but i need to let the steam out somehow

75% of this forum is on psychiatric medication and the other 25% should be, settle down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Minenfeld! posted:

If you think elon can handle anything more than mild...

Lies, he wore a cowboy hat and boots and everything. Elon can eat the hottest ghost pepper raw and still be able to headbutt an assembly line machine into compliance

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I get it now. All the CyberTruck people have been kept in a dark cage all their life and this is the first time they’re seeing one so it’s like a baby duck imprinting on its mother. It’s the only way to explain how someone can be impressed and shocked by four wheel drive in 2023

wat

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the people that like Tesla are dumb

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

so weird how he only replies to the worst accounts, almost all of which are blatant scams in one way or another.

dude just craves that emotional impact that they provide, cant get enoyugh of it

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

did the pentagon create all diseases??? even the ones discovered before it was built?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I get it now. All the CyberTruck people have been kept in a dark cage all their life and this is the first time they’re seeing one so it’s like a baby duck imprinting on its mother. It’s the only way to explain how someone can be impressed and shocked by four wheel drive in 2023

its far more depressing. they know better, theyre just part of the ponzi scheme and have to act like eveything is a masterful gambit so they dont lose the investment.

weirdly, the investment for most of them is not financial

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

withak posted:

finally a cure for this plague of arrow-based assaults on cars.

I used to be a driver like you. Then I took an arrow in the Nissan...

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Sir Tonk posted:

its far more depressing. they know better, theyre just part of the ponzi scheme and have to act like eveything is a masterful gambit so they dont lose the investment.

weirdly, the investment for most of them is not financial

Fortunately for many it is financial

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

John Bladerunner would drive a Hilux

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Huffing Mr Sheen to make the phone calls go away
I think Bladerunner is a pretty cool guy. Eh hunts androids and doesn't afraid of anything.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
I just want the internet to dogpile grinking Bladerunner on Elon now forever

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
My name is Runner
Blade Runner

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

How does he tweet "it's an armored personnel carrier from the future" and not make the obvious comparison to the one in Aliens.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Groovelord Neato posted:

How does he tweet "it's an armored personnel carrier from the future" and not make the obvious comparison to the one in Aliens.

you're asking this about the man who literally in the same tweet was talking about a man named Bladerunner

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

Joe Rohan had the opportunity to end this nightmare by simply turning 90 degrees to the right before loosing the arrow and didn’t take it smdh

30-40 degrees and some divine intervention for a lucky ricochet of the arrowhead would have been funnier. But there is no god, as is apparent from <gestures around broadly>

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

mcbexx posted:

But there is no god, as is apparent from <gestures around broadly>

strongly disagree, i think all signs point to "God is real, and an rear end in a top hat"

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Groovelord Neato posted:

he hasn't seen that movie yet

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

I'm just so tired of all these Blade Runners

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Hey what happens when a car doesn't crumple when it crashes

Why hasn't someone made noncrumpling cars before this is genius you just crash and the energy gets transferred to the aether

Good news, apparently they did some crash tests.
The results will surprise you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZj8Fnnqe70

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the cyberturk will never crash because ai fsd autopilot

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Elon invented brakes actually

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

mcbexx posted:

Good news, apparently they did some crash tests.
The results will surprise you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZj8Fnnqe70
Very interesting thank you!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the cyberturk will never crash because ai fsd autopilot

bee burger
Nov 4, 2011
Joe Rohan

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!
kinda weird how documented 'joe rohan shoots one (1) arrow at the car" is but there is no footage of the tommy gun unloading its barrel into the car, seeing how "can withstand weapons" is the only metric elon seems concerned about with this it would have been helpful to see this in action

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Tedsville posted:

I think Bladerunner is a pretty cool guy. Eh hunts androids and doesn't afraid of anything.

but is he himself a robot?

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Gondor calls for a poo poo podcast

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

He actually played Bladerunner in Blade Runner

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Sir Tonk posted:

but is he himself a robot?

No, obviously. Mr Runner wouldn't have the job of finding robots if he was himself a robot or he'd have to arrest himself. Duh. Also he clearly has stairs in his apartment.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

oh man I love Ellen Aliens in that one.

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the cyberturk will never crash because zeno's paradox

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Who botches the botchers

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

https://x.com/TheWapplehouse/status/1719733535966200214

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Blade Runner? you mean the guy who aced the Jon Voight test?

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Archery is my dorky hobby and Joe should have aimed for a panel gap.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1719501487867670598?t=Nf9TF5r98e0YPoNGbkZxeA&s=19

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Hmm

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

died of ventilator with covid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

it wasn't the sepsis that killed my grandfather, it was the ventilator, thanks elon you're so loving smart