Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Guys a superstar now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Bringing that big Chuggo energy to NXT

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

wrestling has more than two royal families

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

that’s beepie

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Isn’t that a shirt his dad used to wear, or very close to it?

I definitely recognize it. I guess they are trying to split the difference between acknowledging who he is and trying to give him a fresh start with the name?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

he looks like a drat koopa kid.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

We're here....

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

That DICK! posted:

We're here....

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

same

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rotinaj posted:

Isn’t that a shirt his dad used to wear, or very close to it?

I definitely recognize it. I guess they are trying to split the difference between acknowledging who he is and trying to give him a fresh start with the name?

It’s the shirt juicy j wore in the Stay Fly video. But with white skulls instead of green ones.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Vandar posted:

Genuinely, I think Cody is going to beat Roman, probably at 'mania next year, but like...at this point who cares? He lost to Roman when he should have won and then spent part of the year goofing around with Dom. Who even gives a poo poo anymore?

The whole Roman thing is so far past it's expiration date. It's just...sad, really.

I feel the same...wouldn't have even been bad if they at least kept the story going with Cody/Roman & had him win at a different PPV. Plus to me the UHC feels like the weaker of the two titles, especially when the guy holding it has maybe wrestled like 4-5 times in a year. Hard for a championship to feel meaningful or important when the 'champion' only comes out of hiding to defend it like a Samoan groundhog every few weeks/months.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

The_Rob posted:

It’s the shirt juicy j wore in the Stay Fly video. But with white skulls instead of green ones.

Those skulls had eyeballs too

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

sure we laugh at that but his in ring talent will surely make up for it

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

lexis king on the white couch with 5 black guys staring over him . jpg

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/raion74_/status/1719708733138259985?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

TV Zombie posted:

I think the mockery of Cody on these forums is masking a bit of sadness ( maybe that’s just me lol) at WWE not capitalizing on the easiest storyline they could ever have, and some resignation at in spite of having a good build and with a positive result possibly swaying some wrestlers to jump to wwe, Cody still lost to Roman and will probably never win against Roman. Sure Cody can be a good midcard champion but I don’t think that is what his expectations were, when he came back
wwe hosed over a lot of wrestlers I liked better than cody and despite history, I was still pretty positive wwe would payoff cody's loyalty at wrestlemania, but in the back of my mind, I felt there was a small chance wwe could do the funniest thing, so when cody got pinned, I went "oh no" while laughing, like henry hill laughing at morrie's wig falling off

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Why even include this in the promo? It makes him look like such a loving dork.

“have a candy”

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Coaaab posted:

wwe hosed over a lot of wrestlers I liked better than cody and despite history, I was still pretty positive wwe would payoff cody's loyalty at wrestlemania, but in the back of my mind, I felt there was a small chance wwe could do the funniest thing, so when cody got pinned, I went "oh no" while laughing, like henry hill laughing at morrie's wig falling off

When the rubber chicken gets thrown in the ring, Vince and Dunn are arguing like Tommy and Frankie Carbone over starting the car after whacking Morrie

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That DICK! posted:

We're here....

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That DICK! posted:

We're here....

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Pylons posted:

His name is an anagram for Liking Sex

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ganso Bomb posted:

Why even include this in the promo? It makes him look like such a loving dork.

“have a candy”

(Gonna be accused of giving them way too much credit)

Maybe he is supposed to be an oblivious heel who thinks he is cool but actually is a chump. The whole rejecting his father while still alluding to him constantly could be part of that

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I think he needs one more accoutrement to really get over. Maybe a pair of those old timey red/blue 3D glasses.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

from angry who cares about my dead dad guy to simulated date rapist in such a short period of time where will this character go next

That DICK! posted:

he looks like a drat koopa kid.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Pylons posted:

His name is an anagram for Lex Skiing

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Robviously posted:

Bringing that big Chuggo energy to NXT

AHHHHHH! My dad fuckin' died!

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

PLEather

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitter.com/Raion74_/status/1719724241585590328

Ilja is basically a more intense Eddie Kingston where he doesn't know that it's a work only know it's completely terrifying because he's always at least at a 9.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

stab posted:

lexis king on the white couch with 5 black guys staring over him . jpg

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Shine posted:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
i wish i was better at art, sorry!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Shine posted:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Armitage posted:

i wish i was better at art, sorry!

Oh man this made me cackle irl

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

I predict that he took out Trick as the "what I've already done" bullshit and literally none of the stories they are building will make any sense as a direct result.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

His beard looks like a chin strap to hold his hair helmet on